Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods slowly to Simone, acknowledging her answer to his question.

He doesn't look away from her when the others speak, but seems to be taking in their words nonetheless. He nods at certain points while they are talking.

"Sounds like the attack you are worried about might not be something we need to be concerned about after all, then." Dirt Nap observes. "At least, if it's about your photographer friend. If there was a fight, or an attack already, by your friend against the one you're worried about...well, that wouldn't be about photographs, or about the photographer neither."

"Either way, we should find out what he saw, now that we're all getting along and friendly like." Dirt Nap says, looking like he's ready to go and meet their quarry.

"Lesson you don't think it's called for, Sir?" Dirt Nap asks, turning to Edward Heinrich for his opinion as to whether Simone's assurances will be enough to satisfy his mission.

Jennifer Hazelton

Simone turns her head to the window for several beats. She tilts her head, scanning the alley below them.

2 successes

"I appreciate the offer, if it is one. Yes, I live near here. I can hold my own - especially as I believe this is just Mr. Kowalsic's boys. When you leave, I would stick together until you know you are not being followed, cousin. " A touch of warmth enters Simone's voice and her eyes tick towards Edward for the briefest of moments before returning to Mable's eyes.

Simone studies Mr. Heinrich for a moment.

"Mr. Kowalsic and Melanie are going to be a powder keg no matter what. He saw her Sire snatched up for a minor infraction, she's out for his Blood.

I've seen Melanie thrash some upstart who saw her as just a pretty little thing."

She smiles at the memory. "She can make a man eat his teeth, have no doubt. Yet I think we may have stumbled upon the crux of the problem. A photographer was at a scene where two Kindred tussled. Melanie will not Poach here- I have impressed my respect for Twist upon her.

Yet if Mr. Kowalsic was injured..."
    A glance flicked from Mr. Heinrich to Mr. Quilz, to Dirt Nap and Mable to see if they understand what she is putting down. Including them equally.
    She gestures to the window.
    "Cousin, if you can keep an ear out."

She strides over to the canvases against the wall and starts moving them, inspecting the images upon them. Not satisfied, she opens the drawer of a nearby table and pulls out a sketchpad. She flips through the images, studying each for a beat before moving on. At the final page her movement stops and her jaw sets in a hard edge. She doesn't like what she sees.

She strides over to Dirt Nap and holds out the pad to show the sketch to Dirt Nap. Simone steps to Mr. Heinrich to show him the pencil sketch.

The sketch is of scarred arms enveloped over a person screaming in fear. The lobster red man's face is buried in the shoulder of his victim, a clear image of a Kindred feeding. The neck of the Kindred also shows clear signs of scar tissue. Someone like Mr. Heinrich would immediately recognize that he knows someone whose skin on his neck, arms and legs are covered in thick, red scar tissue as though he has been severely burned.

Others beside Dirt Nap and Edward can walk over to look at the image, which is a pencil sketch colored in with colored pencils. It looks like the sort an artist makes before making a painting.
    I would like a Wits + Composure roll of anyone listening for eavesdroppers/ listening for potential assailants.

The dawn is approaching on our Kindred, so last posts before we wrap the scene should be prepared. Plans or appointments should be arranged.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is still staying carefully out of the line of sight of the windows. He doesn't watch Simone as she strides across the room to rummage through artwork in progress. He hasn't assumed from the start that there is no one else around but who Simone says.

He is listening and watching for any sign of ambush or of their quarry attempting to flee through a window or fire escape.

3 successes

When Simone presents him with the drawing, he does study it. With a nod and no other comment, he tries to picture the subject of the sketch, and the implied situation that inspired it.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listens to Simone. Okay, she knows Twist and understands the laws of the domain. She nods in understanding to Simone but continues to watch and listen for trouble. She's not convinced that all is safe or clear. She does not go to look at the picture.

5 successes

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"The time of night is all that concerns me, Mr. Clay. We will not feel the Damocles of dawn over our heads should we wait until tomorrow."

The sketch is passed around.

Anger manifests differently in Kindred. There is no adrenaline or cortisol to make the hands shake, no blood pressure spike to make the face red, but some things remain the same. Edward's face upon seeing the sketch showed just how much remains the same.

"Bastard," Edward snarled. The chair shot from under him as he rose, turning to the doorway. Staring at it like he was hungry, chomping at the bit. He turned back with visible effort.

"Please excuse me. I have been lied to." He spoke through gritted teeth, showing extended fangs. "You have my gratitude, Ms. Simone, for your cooperation tonight, and my deepest apologies for bringing danger to Mr. Small." Edward's voice, already shaking with rage, become a feral whisper as he uttered the name: "Mr. Kowalsic will want personal assurances that all witnesses have perished."

The name is growled in undertones again: "Mr. Kowalsic accused the Archon of the breach; it is he, who is depicted upon the canvas." Edward paused, almost mechanically working his expression back into normalcy. "Small and that sketch will be critical in bringing one as influential as he to justice." An unenthused afterthought: "If he is indeed guilty."

"Insofar as this is becoming an internal Invictus matter, there are calls I need to make." Edward looks over the other three investigators, "for tonight, I leave this matter in your capable hands."

Edward nods and departs, cane gripped in hand, unless stopped.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

nothing
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Jennifer Hazelton

Simone watches Edward depart and checks her watch, emphasizing the time to you.
    "It seems like you've learned something." She says emphatically. "Yet I must insist that it is time for you all to depart. The sun waits for no one. One of you has my number, so please make an appointment. I am sure you understand I won't want drop ins here."

Simone unlocks the front door and offers every one a good night.

With all that has been mentioned about her devotion to her ghoul, you could catch her meaning. With the information that you have learned tonight, what will you do with it? There are heavy political implications here. Melanie no doubt has an agenda. Have you been able to gain a gleaning of it?

How will you proceed tomorrow night?

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap looks at Mable and Horatio, Edward having already left in a bit of a huff.

Ma’am? Sir?” He says, “I best be going. I suppose I might be hearing from him again tomorrow evening.”

Dirt Nap will debate whether to leave it to Edward to represent his Covenant or to reach out to another invictus connection, like his friend the Lady Notary or his Clan Priscus the Prince.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio nods to Simone and then to Edward as he leaves. He looks to Dirt Nap before making his exiting comment as well.
    "Yes, We'll give you a call if anything else pops up or if other things happen. Dirt Nap sir." He says the last part as he puts a hand out as a gesture of you first.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Do you want my number incase something comes up?" She asks before she leaves. If Simone says yes she will give Simone a card with her numbers on it.

Mable leaves with the guys.

As she leaves she thinks, it's an Invictus issue, but is also a domain issue. She is left trying to decide what to do. Maybe she should discuss it with Dirt Nap or even Edward. She wasn't really sure what to think of Horatio's thoughts. Maybe he had an interesting POV. Hmmm, Maybe they should all discuss this...
    Last edited by Mable Wood; Oct 20th, 2020 at 02:37 PM.  Reason for Edit: forgot color for speaking

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread