Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The hotel Jack directed Dirt Nap to was ritzy to say the least. Nice cars, valet parking and a ground-level bar packed full of businessmen and women winding down after the long hot day. As promised, a woman was waiting near the less frequented east entrance, keycard in hand waiting for the arrival of the Lord's guest. She was certainly dressed down for the evening, covered adequately but otherwise wearing an evening robe. After greeting the savage, she led him through the door into a nearby elevator, again swiping the keycard across the sensor to activate the higher floors where their destination ultimately was.

As the doors parted, there was only a short hallway with a single door facing the elevator. The woman used the keycard for one last time, and motioned for Dirt Nap to enter the suite. It wasn't penthouse quality by any stretch of the imagination, but it was private with a small living area, a separate bedroom and an open balcony where the Lord could be found lounging with a cigar and a decanter filled with some kind of spirit. The view consisted of open fields facing Westward, only ending at the borders of the international airport. The view was unobstructed from a seated position thanks to the glass panel gating used, but such a view was not for those who feared heights. It was mostly dark, save the lights trailing like ants at the distant highway and the occasional overhead airplane coming in to land.

Hearing the entrance of his guest, Jack waves him over to the balcony, "Welcome Mister Nap. Would you like a smoke or something to drink?" He twists his lips into a grin, "If you have a different thirst, the hostess can certainly provide."

Blood Hunt:

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap arrives wearing clean work dungarees and a clean collar shirt with a gingham pattern.

"Thank you, sir." Dirt Nap says upon being greeted. "I appreciate the hospitality. I don't happen to have a thirst right now though. Thank you kindly."

Dirt Nap joins Jack on the balcony. He doesn't get right up on the railing, but he doesn't seem to have any fear of heights either, just an air of caution, leaning against the wall, he looks at Jack, waiting patiently for him to explain the nature of his invitation, in his time.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord shrugs as he stows the cigar on the ashtray to pour himself a drink, "Well, you're welcome to sit and enjoy the view with me if you like. This may not be Elysia but I hope my choice of focus is of some small comfort to you." Kindred far and wide were right to fear the eyes of the Lords. "So much has changed over the months. Your pupil is absent and there is a new face relating with the Order. A face that seems to have brought himself a bit of negative attention." He lifted his shoulder with a chortle, "At least that is what I've gleaned from his banishment."

"I just figured it might be good to feel out your take on Mister Quilz's situation," he smiled before lifting the cigar back to his lips and swirled his fresh drink in its glass.

Blood Hunt:

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods and takes the offered seat next to Jack. He listens and watches intently as Jack describes some of the events and changes of the recent past, from his perspective. He notes that Jack doesn't mention the change in office that Jack himself went through, along with Mable. No, Jack is focused on the Dragons. Still, Dirt Nap doesn't see the harm in sharing his perspective on Horatio with Jack, as in his experience, Jack has not been one to stir up trouble where it isn't already happening.

"Well, sir. My superior did get off on the wrong foot at Court to start, and that's a fact." Dirt Nap admits. "Stumbled, you might say. He didn't get his footing right off neither, it took a couple tries."

After a pause, Dirt Nap says, "I personally am glad for seeing how he deals with a public misstep; he keeps trying, and he adjusts his tactics instead of spending a lot of time either blaming everyone else or feeling sorry for himself. If I had to bet, I would bet that he turns out alright."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

An exhale billowed smoke from his nostrils, "What was his offense?" he asked before exploring any more of Dirt Nap's admission.

"That's fair, and for what it is worth I noted as well," the Lord agreed. "That's why I approached Mister Quilz once his progress was at least recognized. Taking ownership of and working on your shortcomings is an admiral trait, even for someone who's supposedly screwed the pooch enough to warrant his punishments."

A grin meets his companion's typical optimism, "I think he has a great shot, but I'm still assessing before I place my bets."

Blood Hunt:

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens, remaining silent after Jack asks what Horatio did wrong to cause himself trouble at Court.

"Well. I'm not one to claim to know the rights and wrongs of behaving at Court." Dirt Nap says.

"But it seems to me, my superior addressed The Prince and used the word for ownership, so to speak, and then when he got his second go around, he was told to take instruction from Priscus Black, and offended her somehow to where she wouldn't have any part of it."

Dirt Nap is quiet, thinking how it isn't up to him whether to be joined to Horatio's fortunes, since he is the higher ranking Dragon in the Domain.

"He seems to be working his way back from those mistakes a little at a time though." Dirt Nap says with perhaps a cautious, speculative tone. "At least, there doesn't seem to be any call for people to suspect he's up to something other than what he says, as some people seemed to wonder about the last leader I had."

10. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Please," Jack expressed with a pointed tongue. "The Dragons pride themselves on recognizing all forms of change, after all. It is the fundamental building block for which all of your work is derived." The Lord paused to take another drag from his cigar, an eye drifting towards Dirt Nap before pulling back to the fields, "You've been in Sacramento long enough to recognize simple cause and effect within Court."

"Ah, he made the same mistake as Mable then? That would explain why the reaction to Mable's offense was so tightly gripped," he imagined and reflected on the Crone hosted court's events. "News to me, but the Priscus likes to play her cards close to her chest."

He nodded in agreement, "Having a set date on when he can return from the Barrens is certainly a marked improvement in his circumstances." He chuckled, "There is definitely something admiral about not spending the time in self-loathing."

The Lord rested his ankle across his other knee, "You've been very... consistent in referring to Mister Quilz as your superior. If it isn't too intrusive, what exactly makes this man your superior?"

Blood Hunt:

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap stares intensely at Jack as he responds, first laying out a foundational knowledge of what the Dragons are all about, and then sharing some tidbits of insight into the dynamics of Court, or at least the latest string of Court misteps, and then asking what seems to be a question about the intricacies of how the Dragons organize themselves.

"Well." Dirt Nap says. And then he is silent for a good time, a few minutes at least, longer than a mortal could hold their breath.

"I suppose it could be confusing, the way the ranks work in my Covenant." Dirt Nap says. "Especially to someone who didn't already know all about it." He suspects that Jack knows much more about the Dragons then most who aren't actually members. He also is reminded that the reason most do not know as much is because he isn't supposed to really talk about it. Still, Jack is not a new, unknown quantity. He has never been one to set traps or act maliciously in the past.

"There are two 'ladders' so to speak, and no matter how high a person might go on one of them, the lowest rung on the other is the superior." Dirt Nap 'explains'. "The first ladder is based on learning and demonstrating the Changes we survive. I've done okay there. My superior is on the other one. That one is about sworn service of different types. I'm still working on that one."

14. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded as Dirt Nap explained his situation, "I see, something akin to the difference between regular and officer ranks in the military then?" It was the closest analogy he could think of for what Dirt Nap seemed to describe.

Fingers flicked the cigar lightly to clear the ash from the end. "Now, I trust in Mister Quilz's best intentions and I do hope he is successful in overcoming his self-inflicted disadvantages." He lifted his drink to his lips, "Have you thought about what you'll do if he isn't, though?" He proceeded to sip and try to remember how it used to taste, subtly allowing a moment for the blunt question to process. "Or, are you simply content that it is no longer your responsibility?"

Blood Hunt:

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

(imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Bookkeeping for imbibe

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread