(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

(Care for a drink?)Vitae 2 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She had been saying it to herself for months. Night after night that she was going to take the evening off from work and just relax. And night after night she found excuses, poor ones, to not do it.

Finally, here she was. At a favorite dive bar, in the booth she always sat in, amber colored liquid in a glass in front of her. The booth gave her a prime view of the door, and thus, she was easy to spot. Though that could be from her numerous tattoos or the Beast that was caged inside her.

The Torino sat out front, as the Aston Martin would stand out too much here. The Savage wore a bright green tank, leaving plenty of her upper ink visible. Dark hair worn up exposing her face tattoos, her lips red. While still pale, her skin had a healthy glow to it, warm to the touch. A notebook open as a hand lazily sketched.

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and to drink
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

(Drinks and Blush)Vitae 2 Spent
    PRE

After the stressful night at court, JC could use a drink and he didn’t feel like waiting for a successful hunt. He had considered just buying a bottle from a store but had ended up finding a dive bar. Cheap drinks and the off chance of more from the blood of someone else. He just wanted to relax and wasn’t in the mood to patiently try to meditate.

Which, might have been the better option as it turned out. The freeze instinct hit as soon he stepped through the door. He gripped the handle hard enough to hurt his hand, using the pain as a focus when the terror turned to the urge to run away. Even with the blush, his knuckles turned white. Blood screamed in his ears, the life he had granted it trying to turn against him as it beat his heart at adrenaline pace.

It was the blush that really brought him back. Forcing him to breath in a short gasp. It allowed him enough time to register the vampire he had sensed was the Prince. While that didn’t make the fear go away it did allow conscious thought to reemerge. What should he do? What she doing here? And not just RUN!

Breathing helped calm the false life. Pain kept him in place. Thought let him keep his sanity.

He slowly released his grip on the door handle, even as he met her eyes, beautiful yet dangerous. He made a motioning with his thumb over his shoulder, and hoped she was up-to-date enough to know the unspoken body language of ‘should I leave?’ or at least got the gist. If this was her hunting ground he wasn’t about to intrude.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The presence of a weaker Beast drew her attention as her eyes snapped to the door. Her Beast pacing its cage, snapping and growling for blood. But now was not the time nor the place.

But did others not want to approach her outside of Court? It was always odd to her, she thought she was approachable. Maybe she wasn’t? Was it the tattoos? Had to be the tattoos.

So she offers a smile and a heavily inked hand gestures to the booth. He was welcome to join if he liked, and she gestured to the bartender for two more drinks. Picking up her own drink she watches, curious if he will accept, or leave.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

The part of JC that was terrified flared his nostrils with a sharp intake of breath when the Prince gestured for him to join her. He was still having trouble sorting and calming his thoughts. Not that Beast could be calmed but there were other scared parts that could be negotiated with. At least a little bit by the time crossed the room.

What was scared of. Death. Yes but why? Because she wanted to kill him. Yes that was standard. What else? This wasn’t court. He didn’t have a frame of reference. If using the word ‘my’ wasn’t allowed at normal events he was sure to end up doing something wrong in an informal setting!

Then he was at the booth. He managed a small smile.

“Good evening your…” his brain farted, what was he supposed to call her? “Ma’am,” he finished as he took a seat. To his surprise he actually laughed a bit. Part out of trying to break the tension of fear and part at the ridiculousness of it all. “Sorry… that wasn’t… I didn’t mean…” he took a breath.

“Sorry, feeling a bit out of my depth. Not sure how formal I should be right now given…” he made a small nod toward the bar environment as a whole.

“JC Smith,” he introduced himself falling back on at least some formality and the of chance she didn’t remember him “I was at the group meeting a little while ago. How are doing tonight?”

He took the opportunity let the bartender know he’d very much like a shot of something strong.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage had to chuckle, as a hand waves away the apology, “I prefer non formal when I’m out enjoying the evening.” A little bit of humor. She knew others had a difficult time relaxing around her.

“Just have a seat and relax. We’re not at work.” a coy smile. Well, she might be.

“Hello JC, I’m Sophia in case you didn’t catch it at the last meeting.” Always good to make sure they knew how to address her. Maybe it would help ease the fear?

“Oh, I can’t complain. Glad to be away from work. And you?”
    dark eyes studying him, “Settling in ok?”

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

JC relaxed a bit when she confirmed the informal setting. Probably as much as he would be able with the Beast still crazed with fright and other parts warning him to not let his guard down. He let them know he heard them and right now was just enjoying the feeling of sharing a drink (even if it was probably a partial illusion).

He nodded when she gave a new name than what she had been introduced at court and briefly wondered how she had chosen it. Then again, it could be her princely name that had been constructed.

When she mentioned being glad to be away from work, JC was… uncertain what to make of it. A lot of part trying to read into what it meant and why she said it before he was able to mental step away to reexamine through empathy and curiosity.

“It’s good to take time for yourself. To keep an identity that’s more than your job and be able to de-stress.” It reassured him that ‘his boss’ had some healthy mental habits. He thought briefly of saying again that he could leave but her presence was still of someone who knew what they wanted. Or at least expected their commands to be followed. So, he moved on.

“I’m surviving.” Not glowing reviews but he if couldn’t be honest with Domain leadership then he might have to move on “Still homeless by most standards of the word but I’ve found a place that’s safe for me to camp out. Compared to trying to live in Davis it’s amazing.

Been exploring the city some and was hoping to get together with Clay to show me the sights.”
    Considering what he just said he probably sounded pretty cheerful and matter of fact.

"How did you settle in when you got to Sacramento?" Which for all he knew was hundreds of years ago but her tattoos hinted at more recently things.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A sigh, “So I’ve been told. But at least now I can say that I have been.” So a win win? “Now to completely de-stress, I’d probably have to leave my cells at home.” The joys of being in power, both in Kindred and Kine world. “But we make do.” A hint of a smile.

Nodding as she listened, “Finding a suitable home can always be a challenge. If you keep having trouble, let me know. I deal in real estate on the side and should be able to find something that would work.” Real estate had been a great way to make business legit.

Clay? Took her a second before remembering that was Dirt Nap. “He’s always the helpful one, good guy.” Not a lie. “Anything you’re hoping to see?” not that Sacramento had a whole lot.

“Me?” a shrug, “Just found a basement apartment. I find them a bit easier to manage.” Sun being the bitch it was. Basements had fewer windows. “And working nights, it made life easy. But it took me a few months to really get settled, which can be expected from moving and all that. And lets be honest here, moving sucks.” She hated moving. “Where’d you move here from?”

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

A serer arrived with drinks that JC was more than happy to have. Holding his false breath he downed his quickly, leaving the taste of cinnamon in his mouth. Ugh. Fireball if he had a guess. He asked for an apple schnapps as the server headed out to clear the taste from his mouth.

It felt awkward talking this way to the Prince. The almost natural and honest way of it. He wasn’t sure if this was Clan friendliness, he had so little experience.

“And you feel you can’t leave your cell at home?” he asked. She had to be about his age or very good at changing with the times. Instant, on demand communication wasn’t more than a decade or two old. It was almost kind of sad to know that stressor was already infecting even the stagnant society of Kindred. Sad and scary.

Yeah,” he said as the topic turned to Clay “I like him,” he said with a small smile. He took a deep breath when asked about what he wanted to see. “Can’t exactly say what I’d like to see. Downtown is mostly…,” off limits with the Rack “You know. I’m more just wanting to get familiar with getting around. Forming a mental map.” Before, JC wouldn’t have worried but his ability to visualize things mentally (including directions) wasn’t what it had been.

He listened as Alessandra explained her arrival and process. It still felt odd but was at least starting to fall into what he was used to when talking with people. It sounded like she had had at least come here with money. He even laughed a bit at the truth of moving being a pain; no matter how you were living. However, when she asked about where he was coming from he tensed. His past wasn’t exactly stellar since he died. He’d had to move more than once.

He fiddled with the empty shot glass, spinning it in his hands. “I’m from Vancouver originally,” he could have left it at that but in the world of global connection even that held risk. He swallowed. “Messed up enough that I felt it better to head out. Messed up a couple times since then.” The glass continued to spin in his fingers as he turned to look into her eyes. Studying her studying of him.

“Nothing serious or criminal,” he clarified “More… asking the wrong questions.”

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Taking a sip of her drink, “It’s not that simple. Between my businesses, there is usually always someone who needs something. Though tonight has been fairly quiet, a welcome change.” The streets were quiet, the Domain was quiet. But, the age-old question, for how long?

A nod, “Downtown can be fun for a night out. Though personally, I find the atmosphere in bars like these more welcoming.” Personal preference. “But it’s always good to get familiar with a new city. I’ve found the city offers a little bit of something for everyone. Art, music, outdoors stuff. Just depends what you like.”

Oh. So we have a sore subject.

“Vancouver? Can’t say I’ve ever been there, but I’ve heard it’s quite a city.” His next words would require a more, careful answer. A small nod, “Ah. Been there a few times.” A knowing nod, “And can’t say I’ve ever talked with anyone who hadn’t messed up at some point in their lives.” A shrug, “All part of the process.” Growing and shit like that.

“Some people don’t like questions. And use that dislike against those around them. Sad really.”
    Another drink. “I personally enjoy questions. Well, so long as they’re asked appropriately.” That probably went without saying. “But without questions, how do we learn?”

18. Likes Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“And you feel like if you don’t answer their needs immediately then…?” He left a pause to fill in the blank if she wanted.

“I was never really a downtown night out or bar guy, until recently.” And they had become his new grocery store “Though I have to agree I prefer the smaller bars. Less sensory overload.” You’d think social anxiety would end when you died but nope. “Haven’t really found a niche beyond that though.” Lack of funds, even as a vampire, often meant not being able to afford to go out.

He smiled a bit “One of the hottest and wettest cities in Canada if you’d believe it. Gets up into the high eighties sometimes,” he commented with full knowledge that it was nothing compared to Sacramento. Her reassurance about having also messed up was… oddly reassuring.

“It’s been my experience since… losing my job, that most people aren’t big on being questioned or self examination,” he said with a sad smile, since it was also true of Kine. Kindred were just even more set in their ways. “It’s seen as vulnerability. And feeling vulnerable is not acceptable." He paused a moment to see if she'd interject.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread