Watch

Offering terms

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens, and nods. "Right. That makes sense. So either someone is in charge that just doesn't leave...and has some way of staying the leader when the people who supported them leave...or we have some kind of system that doesn't depend on anyone sticking around...that new people will accept even though they didn't have anything to do with making it. Right? Or...what?" He asks, curious what the Ladder might have come up with.

Shodan would probably have invented a robot or something to run things...
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The answer isn't terribly clear, I'm afraid," she said, returning her gaze to Kaze. "How do you make a system of governance that doesn't depend on any participants being here for the long haul? Even the term limits of the American government still expect the politicians to be there for several years. We'd be lucky to have enough magi to stick around that long."

Naga sighed, "We're not going to come up with an answer right now. Who knows, maybe the cabal system would be the best alternative. Even if their membership changes, the cabals remain?"

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

3. Likes Ruach, Xadun liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens. Then he smiles, "Yeah, I could see that working; it's not as random as Councillors, with the numbers of different paths changing all the time. I think it's always going to be a thing though, who's the tie breaker?" He says. "Even if being in a Cabal means you get a vote, there's going to have to be a way to settle when different Cabals don't agree. Unless there's only one, and it is the tie breaker for everyone else." Kaze says thoughtfully. People are always going to want to know who's in charge. At least people like me, Obrimos.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That, of course, depends on their being an odd number of cabals. A cabal system would encourage the creation of new ones, as lone magi won't have a voice otherwise. If you want input into how the consilium is run, join or make a cabal. Simple, really." Another shrug of her shoulders. "Some sort of tie-breaker system could also be created."

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Fair enough." Kaze says, nodding. "Right now, there's only one Cabal anyway. If the rules change, I guess more people would be interested."

"I still don't have a clue what you plan to do, but I am okay with that if you are." He offers with a smile.

"I don't really know anyone so far that I think fits with the resonance here, and that I think is probably going to be around awhile. I know that I am interested in a small Cabal with just two people, for the common cause of order and stability with a minimum of drama in our community." Kaze says thoughtfully.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"A small cabal might not have much influence, honestly." Naga said while checking her watch. "Either way, I guess we'll see how things pan out."

She looked at Kaze curiously, "You have an awful lot of trust in me considering we barely know each other."

"In any case, I should be going. I'll think on what we've spoken about here today."

Looks like we need to close this up. Thanks for the RP.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze grins, "I think the whole point of going to Cabals leading things, is it doesn't matter how many people are in the Cabal, just which people are in it." He says. "I feel like you are someone who is going to have a real effect on the way things are run, whether you are in a big Cabal or a small one."

He smiles back at Naga's curious look. "Remember what I said about intuition? Don't worry, it's not really that I trust you exactly; it's that I trust the feeling I have about you. So, yeah. I trust my feelings."

"Okay." Kaze nods. "Thanks for thinking about it." He says. "I'll see you around. Thanks for coming over. You gave me a lot to think about too."

Kaze gets up and shows Naga to the door as politely as possible, not offering to walk her to her car, but looking like he would if she mentioned it.

You are most welcome! Thank you for the interesting scene! I hope it leads to more scenes over time, because I had a lot of fun with it!

11. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread