Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Whipping through the traffic like a snake, the Jeep pulling the trailer full of books and over personal items for Horatio he had shipped in bounces over each pot hole. The GPS chimes as a turn comes up, the Jeep whips to the response of the steering, people honk as the Jeep cuts through to turn. Horatio ticks off the list he has as he navigates the traffic trying to make his way to the chapter house. He tries to think of things to start on or get for the place. Should get security done as soon as possible, security is a must. Building up the chapter is another must, but my priority will be security and the ability to defend. He pulls into the driveway with his Jeep, followed by a trailer the Jeep is pulling.

He comes to stop in front of the front doors and puts the vehicle into park and gets out. Horatio takes in the scene of the chapter house and decides to make his way to the door and knocks three times. Horatio is not even sure if Dirt Nap is at the place or not.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Hello, Sir." Dirt Nap calls out--softly--from outside the house, emerging from some shrubs with some shears. "I can help you unload and help you find where you want to put things, if you don't mind my opening up and washing off the dirt first."

"I was doing some maintenance." Dirt Nap explains.

He proceeds to approach, respectfully, and unlock the front door with a key. "I suppose this would rightfully be yours to keep now, Sir." Dirt Nap says, offering Horatio the key to the front door.

4. Likes liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

"Hello, good to see you. No, of course not, go right ahead. I do appreciate it, it's not much." Horatio looks to the key and grabs it. "Do you have a copy for yourself?"

Horatio slowly pushes the door open and peeks inside to determine the best path to a room. "We can set up a temporary library in a room near mine. eventually we'll get most of these rooms up and going for more of the order to stay or such." His voice starts to echo as he heads further in and begins to get a distracted sound to it as he contemplates his plans and files them away for a list to make.
    "I have helped build more than a few buildings and what not a time or two, so I have some experience with general construction and maintenance." He stands in the middle of the foyer looking around the house or mansion really.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Yes, Sir." Dirt Nap says humbly, opening the door for them both and stepping in first, figuring the etiquette of a fighting man would be to take point instead of expecting them to walk first into what is for them unfamiliar ground.

"I can show you around. There's a big enough kitchen and a bunch of bedrooms, a meeting room and a laundry room, and a basement with a secure cell set up for Chrysalis." Dirt Nap explains. "There's a big room with three different doors too it that might have been a library. Never saw any books in it myself though."

"That's a providence, Sir. I done what I could to keep this place cleaned up and varmint free, but I'm not much for building or repairing except fence posts and barbed wire." Dirt Nap confesses.

8. Likes liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio takes off his suit jacket and rolls up his sleeves to his shirt.
    "Lovely, I'll just grab a room near the library then. Shall we get to it then? Sure Daemon wants to explore a bit." He makes for the Jeep, upon getting there he lets Daemon out of it before heading around to the trailer. Daemon hops out and immediately starts weaving through Horatio's legs before heading off to the house to explore.
    Opening up the trailer, you can see a wall of boxes, luckily they are labeled. Horatio casually talks to Dirt Nap while grabbing a stack of boxes. "So, do you see any way for this branch to be restored? I have a few ideas rolling around in my head, but I wanted to get your take on it." He heads to a bedroom nearest the Library to deposit his boxes labeled bedroom, on his way back you'll see boxes behind those he grabbed in the trailer labeled books.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "Yes Sir." He says, helping to unload the trailer.

Dirt Nap is silent for a trip or two of carrying boxes before answering Horatio's question about 'restoring the branch'. He figures his superior is not talking about the restoration of the physical building, but instead addressing the fact that it's been empty.

"What I've seen work, what seemed to be the last leader's way, was learning the Coils and then kind of showing them off. Maybe the more showy ones, but not always. I had someone come up to me and say right out they wanted to join up to learn to control a frenzy, so that's not showy at all, not something you see at Court, generally anyways." Dirt Nap muses.

"The problem is, that guy left with no word. That happens a lot. People from all the Covenants and all the Clans seem to be always coming and going. For all I know, next Court two or three more Dragons could just show up, and we'd be the biggest of the Covenants in the domain." Dirt Nap explains.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio puts a stack of boxes into the library and heads back to the trailer for the bed frame and mattress. Before grabbing the mattress he waits for Dirt nap instead of trying to walk it blindly through the house over his head. An excuse to talk really as he lifts up one end of the mattress to take in. "Show the benefits of change? I guess that would work, I'll need to work on my coils then." He ponders a moment before going on. "Guess the basement will get a lot of use now." Horatio chuckles on the last part.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, pleased at Horatio's accepting the general suggestion of how best to recruit.

He is silent as they carry the bed. Then, after it's set, he says, "If you don't mind my asking, Sir, do you have a particular Coil in your sights?"

"The ones I've attained don't really come up much in a crowd. As it is though, I had one fella sign up 'cause he wanted the same thing. That was shutting down frenzy at will."

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

"Hmm, I was thinking either banes or flesh. Right now I am working on blood." Horatio responds as he sets the bed down and heads back for more stuff. He grabs another piece of furniture to move before heading back in. "Not sure which would be flashier. May try to snag any new people who show up in the domain."
    The trailer is looking more empty than before, soon the contents will all be in the house.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens. He carries more from the trailer, working methodically to empty it out.

"Well, Sir." Dirt Nap says. "I've never been one to take the plunge for anything but a goal I believed it was worth dying for, myself."

After a couple more trips without elaborating, Dirt Nap says, "The last leader the Dragons had went far with the Coils of the Flesh, for recruiting. It seemed to draw the right kind of attention. She let it be known that it was due to the Coils."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread