Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
171 - 179
DISPLAYED
(AwCon) House That Niles Built

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 18 of 18 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus looks at Beverly, deadly serious. "If you stay here, you need to not have any illusions of what you're getting into. The Abyss doesn't just 'give up'. It will claim him, and then you'll have to choose between protecting him and protecting yourself. Is that a choice you can live with?"

He looks back to Ankh, beginning to walk toward the entrance. "I think flying is our best chance, unless you want to search the church for something to wear. Can you cover us both in one spell?"

Orphan

PRE

Orphan doesn't attempt to change Ankh's mind about ending his life, and he definitely wants her and Animus to get on their way. They'll be safer without him at this point. "Both of you... good luck," Orphan says. Then his eyes widen. "Wait, before you go... if I'm going to lose my connection to the Supernal anyhow, I might as well do one final bit of good with it. I can use my last bit of Mana to cast a spell on you both, for luck."

Orphan feels the force of the Abyss upon him as he casts, but he internalizes it, feeling it like a blow to his already-beaten body. He casts throught the pain, twisting Fate to assist Ankh and Animus in their time of most dire need.

good bye, and good luck

"Good luck, both of you," Orphan says. Grinning, despite his pain and his looming fate, he adds "Live long and prosper, and may the force be with you."

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ankh turns back to Orphan, tears streaking her face. "Thank you. If we can figure out how to fix this mess, then maybe we will see you again soon. Be careful, both of you."

She turns to Animus and nods in answer to his question. She begins to cast.

2 suxx

She grits her teeth as paradox slams into her, making her wince with the pain but the spell does take hold. Animus and Ankh become graceful hawks. With a last look at her two companions, Ankh takes to air wondering if she will ever see her friends again.

Beverly leans down against Orphan, her head on his shoulder and her eyes half closed. "I'll stay with you, it's still my responsiblity. And before you tell me it isn't again, put yourself in my place, you'd feel just as guilty" She sighs and shakes her head. "I won't let you hurt anyone, I promise." She raises her head, glancing at him. "Close your eyes, try to sleep? I'll stay with you.." Her eyes flicker extremely briefly towards his blades, she attempts to hide the gesture from him.

Orphan

PRE

Orphan holds Beverly. "I've got a better idea," he says to her, quietly. "After the others have left and have a good, solid head start, assuming I'm not raving psychotic or someting obviously dangerous to you, I want you to untie me. I'm thinking the spiders will probably be controlling me, seeking someone else to infect, so we're going to go looking for Ollie or Vector. Maybe I can get lucky and infect one or both of them with this, and if nothing else, that way I might be able to keep them off Ankh and Animus for awhile, and I'll have a chance to go down in combat, like an Arrow should."

Beverly nods lightly. "We'll give them time then, then we'll talk about, but please try to get some rest, even just a little." She strokes his cheek, keeping her eyes locked on his while her other hand reaches out towards his pistol. "But they won't let you harm anyone who doesn't deserve it, I swear.

OOC

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus takes flight, following Ankh. The normal visceral joy of the animal crushed under the weight of his sorrow, of his failure. Some leader. I couldn't protect any of them from this. All the deaths weigh on him, those lost to the hordes of the Abyss; all those mercilessly cut down by Vector and Ollie; and now Orphan, soon to be taken over by a swarm of abyssal spiders. His resolve hardens. I'll see Ankh to safety, even if it means giving up my own life in the process.

OOC

OOC

Beverly sees the weapons are out of reach and strokes Orphan's cheek, tears standing in her eyes. "Just close your eyes.. alright? Just for a moment.."

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

And so it happened:

Somewhen else, in the church of a Doomsday Cultist, four survived; two to abandon a third to his fate, while a fourth plans murder.

Scene Ends

One man caught on a barbed wire fence
    One man he resists
    One man washed on an empty beach
    One man betrayed with a kiss
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Page 18 of 18 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18
Closed Thread