Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Another nod of agreement, “Or maybe that knowledge comes with time and experience? Though one would think a mentor would, you know, mention it.” But, whatever.

“I hear you there. I’m not a novice with Spirits, but, like you said, bad things can happen. Even in the most controlled environment, shit happens.” And people get hurt.

Laughing, “Wouldn’t that be something? Being able to get a do over. But at the same time, what would that change?” she knew. Oh she knew all too well. “Suppose it’s a waiting game then. Seeing if she learns and evolves. And if not?” a shrug, “It’s whatever.” She wasn’t there to babysit and make everyone like each other.

“It’s a possibility. I wasn’t there, and Phoenyx didn’t say anything to me. But I’m glad she mentioned it instead of just assuming it was true. There are a lot of people that will hear one thing, or mishear something, and just assume it’s right without question. Drives me insane.” Hated it.

“I had been thinking of ordering some takeout, but wanted to wait and see what you liked. See, I don’t cook, because that would just be bad.” A shrug and laugh. “I had been thinking Chinese or Thai. Or something else. I have all the takeout menus to the best places nearby.” It was true.

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

"You'd think." Maybe the annoyance didn't have one, and was just stumbling around in the dark, but if that was her, she'd do everything in her power to make sure she wasn't blinded and lost. But maybe she was putting to much onto the idea that Copy+Paste had some brains.

Her finger raises, and she nods, wordless in her agreement to Aurora. That's why she didn't want to deal with them, too many variables. Too much that could go wrong even with a known and 'friendly' Spirit.

"She'll probably die if she doesn't. Or hell. Get someone else killed." comes the voice of the Negative Nancy.

She nods, "Me too, like. Listen to people, and not exult in your ignorance." with a quiet "fuck" under her breath she takes another swing of the beer.

"Thai sounds perfect actually. Was thinking about some noodles or a curry on my way over."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shrugging as she drank the beer, “Maybe that’s why I push hard against being a Mentor. Because the screwups of your student come back against you. And sometimes, it’s nothing you can control. If someone does something stupid, that’s on them.” Kaze came to mind and his wanting her to help him with Life.

Smirking, “I think you’re one of the few I’ve talked with that agrees with me on that matter.” Spirits were iffy to her. Not something to play with because you could.

A grimace, “That would be,” a pause, “bad. I’ve seen others die, and it’s not pleasant. I hope she learns; I don’t want to see anymore death.” blue eyes looking off in the distance for a moment. Even though she dabbled in it, the actually act left stains on the soul. Ones that would never come off.

“That’s why I’ve always tried to be an open and honest book. That way there are less assumptions.” But they still happened.

Putting her glass down, she hops up and grabs a couple menus from a drawer. Handing them over to Briar Rose, “These are the ones that I think are the best. Though there are probably better ones, I just haven’t found em yet.” Picking her cup back up, “Pick whatever looks good to you, on me, and I’ll get it ordered. Both are fairly close, so it doesn’t take too long.”

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Briar Rose just nods to this. It was a complicated web between master and apprentice. Another reason why she noped out of that real quick.

That gets a raised brow, "Why? I mean there should be more that agree with us, not less. Spirits aren't....they're." she shrugs, Aurora would know what she means.

She sets her beer down, looking up at teh blonde, "Death's a part of Life. You can heal and make things better and better, but eventually there's nothing you can do against that entropy."

She offers something like a smile, more like a line of her lips are forced upward for a scant moment. "That's good for you." comes out, she the scowls, "I don't mean that. Like sarcastically. I mean it. It's good. For you."

Then the best of the conversation changers. Food.

She looks, but already knows what she's hankering for, "I'd love a green chicken curry. So, whichever one has a decider one."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a chuckle, “I agree. But with what we do, we only get better and learn through practice. And I don’t think everyone has had a bad experience, hence them being more likely to keep trying. I only hope people are, like, safe when they play with Spirits.” But that was hard to do.

A sigh, “Yes, I can heal and make things better, but I can also take life. Being a Master isn’t just about being able save someone’s life, it’s also about being able to warp and twist an enemies body into a lifeless mass.” And it was not pretty to see. “I’ve begun to study Death actually. And I have a fairly healthy relationship with it. I accept we are all born to die. I just don’t particularly like seeing friends die or seeing another die at my hands.” It was complicated.

Laughing, “I get it and no worries. But something tells me you’ve never been afforded that luxury. Or if you have, it’s been used against you. Which sucks. Like, really sucks.” It was a guess. But her fellow Shaman was guarded for a reason. Heavily guarded.

“Green chicken curry?”
    looking at the menus before deciding on one. “Can’t say I’ve ever tried that. Is it good? I’m leaning toward a spicy pad thai myself. But might get a side of that chicken and try it.” Sliding a phone from her pocket she places the order, and gets a variety of sides.

Settling back down, “They said ten or fifteen minutes. Another reason I love this place, they’re quick, but the food is still amazing.” Cause if not, why keep the menu?

“So I’ve noticed you often have paint somewhere on you. A guess if you paint, or you just have a cool style going.” A half smirk, she was trying, “What do you paint?”

7. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

She looks over at the blonde, snorts. "Safety first." she shakes her head, which cocks, as Aurora continues to talk, "A lotta people I talked to about Life were all about that, yay healing, peace and love BS. Life's dangerous, and beautiful and....being able to twist and work organic matter...." her eyes glittered, fingers twitched. "Who did you see die?" she asks, perhaps it was perhaps it was rude, or prying or hypocritical of her, but she wanted to know.

Her eyes are hard again. ".....yeah. You can say that." it wasn't like it was a hard thing to imagine or glean with how the pinkette acted.

Glad of the swift topic change, she answers, "It's tasty, should be a coconut milk base. It's not the spicest thing, but it's something I could always eat." a beat "Sweet, that's really quick. I don't get that kind of service unless i go in."

A smirk, a huff that might have been a laugh, "Walls."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “Peace and love?” snorting as she shook her head, “Definitely not my thing.” Hard to see the arcana as that. "If peace and love was really a thing, we wouldn't have to watch our backs like we do." Sipping her beer for a few moments, thinking it over. “I’ve seen friends die trying to protect Sacramento. Some went back or forward in time and never returned. I’ve seen Seer’s die and my hands. More then enough death for my liking.”

Free hand was held up in peace, “Again, I’m not pushing, just an observation.” This was going to take time. And trust. She’d need to earn Briar Rose’s trust for her to open up. But she respected that.

“Coconut milk base? Never thought of that as a base, and that’s probably cause I’m iffy of the whole non cow milk thing. But I’ve had coconut milk as a drink, and if I remember right, it’s pretty good.” So she was going to try it. An eager nod, “It’s why I love this place! It’s a smaller mom and pop type restaurant, and most people overlook it because it’s a hole in the wall. But I’ve found that those places sometimes have the best food.” It was a thing.

“Walls?” Kinda vague, “What size walls we talking? And like, the whole wall? Or just sections of it?” finishing her beer, she gets up to get a refill, offering some to Briar Rose as well, before sitting back down, “I can’t say I’ve ever met someone who painted walls. Something you enjoy?”

10. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

"Thank fuck." Shamans are - well, everyone is - stereotyped, Briar Rose knows she's at fault for that too, but a lot of the time, people assume they're crunchy granola hippies. "Back in time? You gotta run that by me, I've heard other talk about it, but it's not a current thing ya?" she asks instead of trying to comfort the blonde. Briar Rose wasn't one for comfort, and she didn't know how to give it - or to see if it was wanted.

A tight smile, but it relaxes as the blonde lets it lie.

"Yah, it tempers the spice, while adding a coconut flavour. Instead of adding milk and then coconut, it's just one step then." she says, slightly babel-y but whatever. "If the foods as good as your saying - or hell even if it's not, with quick food I want to know where this hole in the wall place is. I'll go visit."

A laugh, maybe she was being too vague.

"Depends on the size, and if there's space free or if I brought enough for a big project. And if I can reach the surface easily or if I'd have to climb or rig something. And of course depending if I'm working with brick, or wood or whatever else people use for buildings."

Was that keeping to the vague-nees, or was she starting to clear things up?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She had to laugh, a real belly laugh. “I really hope I don’t give off that vibe, cause that’s never been me.” Dabbing at the corners of her eyes, still chuckling. Then a deep breath, “Yeah, that. Well have you noticed the clock at the Circle? It just showed up one day and began to send us back in time to prevent the Seer’s from either getting something or accomplishing something. And let me tell you, it fucked a lot of things up. It changed some things, some time lines. But I think we won? Maybe?” a shrug, “I don’t know, it’s been silent for a bit. Which I am one hundred percent ok with.” She hated that thing.

“Huh. Well I’m excited to try it! I love finding new food, especially one I never would have thought to try.” A nod, “You can take the menu with you if you want. It has the address on it and all the important info. They always seem to bring me extra ones when I get takeout. Have you found any nice little restaurants t you can recommend?” she was pretty sure she knew all the places in town, but, you never know.

Eyes widen as she listened, “Wow. Do you have pictures of your work of anything? And being able to paint while having to climb to do it? Damn. That takes some serious talent.” She couldn’t do that. “Most I can paint is a piece of furniture, if I’m lucky.” Cause she messed that up plenty. “Does the material of the wall, or building, require a different type of paint?” color her interested.

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Briar Rose just shakes her head, tugging at her hair and smirks as the blonde laughs.

Then she pinkette considers the Circe and the Clock and nods, "Huh, no offence but I've glad I came 'round now, instead of whenever the Clock was working." she says, before frowning, brow furrowing, time travel tenses. Bleck.

"Cool, thanks." she says, snagging the menu and folding it into a nice square she could put into one of her jacket pockets. "Don't think I've found any places you haven't found. I'm going out to Tea Rex soonish. It's a Japanese place, looks good." she fails to mention she's going with Kaze, for the Obrimos' birthday, but well. Whatever.

"Ha, it's...well. Not nothing, but it's not that crazy. I just....It's something I do. That I like." she shrugs. "Maybe. I haven't really done anything really impressive since I've gotten here. It's more that I've been painting over racist bull shit I find when I find it."

"Furnished?" she asks, looking at her fellow Shaman.

"Nah, I still use spray paint.It's more that, whatever's my canvas at the time'll take the paint differently. Like, hm. You gotta sand something before painting it ya? Kinda like that."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread