Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(PRP) False Idols: Green River

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

It was as cool a night as one could expect from the height of summer. On the Yolo Bypass WA, Mexican free-tailed bats were out in force, their soft clicks complementing the cacophony of insect life underfoot.

I am hand waving the mass coms from Dirt Nap to the other interested parties. Ruach , please indicate who you would have had Dirt Nap contact in your first post.

A gentle reminder: this is intended to be a low-stress and slow posting plot. It is okay if posters need more than the usual time.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap circles above the bats, flying as an owl in the night, waiting for the appearance of some or all of those he has sent text messages with directions to this area. Alice Hart first, then Jennifer Hazelton, then Mable Wood, then Jack.

He winged his way there at first true darkness, and has maintained his vigil since, prepared to land and change and make his way to greet whoever comes as they arrive to discuss the exploration of the Underground.

4. Likes , , White liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer approaches wearing reinforced clothing in dark gray. The Nosferatu had dressed for the occasion- no fancy Invictus threads were in evidence tonight. She wore ankle high hiking boots in tan. A small back pack is worn on her back. Her long brown hair is braided and coiled into a bun on the nape of her neck. She wears a Hoodie over her head, obscuring her hair and face. She approaches slowly and with caution, obviously skilled in moving in stealth. She did not want to bring attention to this little gathering.

For ST - the items in Jennifer's backpack: A package of white chalk, a small note book and pen, a small pen light, a portable cell phone power bank with charging cord, her Smart phone stored in water tight case, a roll of duct tape, a pair of dry socks, $80 in twenties in a plastic bag and several empty plastic gallon sized bags. Her messenger bag with her laptop and her gift from Reeve Conner Greyson, normally always in evidence, is missing.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes , Ruach, White liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap spies Jennifer Hazelton's arrival and approach from above, and then wings to a safe and secluded spot to change.

He then walks towards where he saw her, not being particularly stealthy mostly because he isn't really great at being stealthy and also as a polite way of letting her know he's there and approaching her.

Confident that she already knows he's there and that he won't be startling her, Dirt Nap greets her in a soft and too quiet for mortal ears tone, "Evening, Ma'am. It's good to see you. I believe you're the first to show. Makes sense, you having been here before. I haven't ever met anyone else here up to now or given out directions to anyone before, 'cept you. This time, though, Alice, Mable and Jack are invited too, so as we can all figure out the exploring that we talked about before."

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods a greeting as Dirt Nap approaches.
    "Good evening. Has your evening been well? Yes, I rather like this place. Oh good, I am glad to hear others will be joining us. I brought some things for mapping a route... Not really sure what we might do, or what we might need, but I do like being prepared."

She looks about the area for a few moments, listening. She gives Dirt Nap her attention once more.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice appears next. Her ever present Ghoul, missing. She's likewise dressed for stealth. Dark clothing, worn boots. A leather jacket zipped and ready to protect the Wraith. Obviously attached to one of her jean clad legs is a sheathed bowie knife, and no so obvious is a dagger, her little fang hidden at the small of her back.

"Greetings." She says, in her empty voice.

Equipment: Reinforced Clothing (Leather Jacket), Bowie Knife, Dagger, Smart Phone,
    1 success Feeding
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods politely to Jennifer Hazelton. "Yes, Ma'am." He says in acknowledgement of her words and of the sentiment for being prepared and or liking the location.

"I did feel like this somewhat rough ground might be a good test run for people to get together and talk about what we expect." He explains perhaps a little apologetically.

Then Alice Hart arrives. Dirt Nap notes with interest how she moves over the uncivilized ground, uneven and perhaps conducive to sightless maneuvering, particularly without assistance.

2 successes

Dirt Nap hasn't seen Alice Hart operate in any environment except Court and her office, so is noting how she handles herself in the wildlife preserve off the beaten path.

"Evening, Ma'am." Dirt Nap says in greeting to Alice Hart. "I am glad you found us with no trouble, Ma'am. There are two more I invited, and I hope they make it. Tonight, I am hoping we can plan things out with some. I don't rightly have anywhere that would bear talking all the way outright, so I hope this will do well enough to make sure we're all on the same trail and looking in the same general direction, so to speak." He explains.

For equipment, Dirt Nap has nothing but the clothes on his back and some sturdy cowboy boots. He does not even have his phone with him, nor a wallet or any ID.

13. Likes , liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable flies in on cute bat wings. On her way in she communicates with the Mexican free-tailed bats. Nothing specific, just letting them know she was there and may need help later. Mable eats several bugs as she glides around through the air with the other bats.

She quietly glides down near Dirt Nap and the others who have gathered. She shifts back to human form in a dark area. "Hi. Am I late? Are we waiting for anyone else?"

Mable is wearing hiking boots and her work clothes (Dark brown shorts and tank top with a dark brown button down shirt tied up at the waist.) She is also carrying a large back pack, has on a special watch which connects her to the satellites (phone and internet) and has a tiny ear bud that she can hear her phone through.

Equipment:
    In Backpack: a fireproof blanket, flashlight, hunting knife, twine (100 ft.) a dress, notebooks, pens, forestry questionnaires and clip boards, small work tablet with internet/wifi access, lipstick, Chapstick, small aerosol hairspray, lighter, matches, hair elastics, bobby pins, safety pins, wallet with State ID and City Employee ID, $50, Victoria’s secret credit card, Business cards, and Cell Phone on silent. On her wrist was a green bracelet watch phone that connected to a little earpiece.

15. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque arrived at the indicated location still dressed in nice slacks and a vest the only modifications were he was wearing a leather trench coat, seen before at the Crone Temple court and a pair of steel toed boots. "How's it going?" he asked in general before softly nodding first to the Lady Notary.

Equipment:
    Colt M1911A1 with vest holster
    Reinforced clothing: Leather Trench coat
    Steel toed boots
    Moneyclip with folded twenties
    Smart phone (silenced)
    Rolex

Blood Hunt:

17. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Dirt Nap can see that Alice Hart is different, not just in her manner of dress, but the way she holds herself. Tense, coiled, not with hesitation or nerves, but with a thrumming anticipation. Perhaps the Haunt had missed field work as it were.

The Wraith thrashes, hissing and spitting in terror. The sudden appearance of another when she had been lulled into complacency by these politely shadowed Beasts....Alice grits her teeth and forces her fangs back.

It takes her a moment, but, "Good evening." she drops her head, jerking and strings pulled. "I take it these are who we have been waiting for?"
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

19. Likes , Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread