Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Unknown Comrade

THREADID
    M
    Maks Bortsov

Large calloused hands flipped open the old phone and silently began to dial Rhodes .

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

A distracted voice answered the phone.

"Yes?"
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

M
    Maks Bortsov

“Hello,” The tired voice that comes from the other end of the line has a heavy Russian accent that seems older than it should be. “I vas informed that you are the von to call to learn about the city.”

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Learn about the city?" The voice sounds incredulous. "You'll have to be more specific than that, I'm afraid. I'm not a tourist information center."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

M
    Maks Bortsov

The man seems to ponder for a second. “The...roadsigns directed me to your number. There are people here to avoid. The signs said you vere the one who would know best.”

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

For a few seconds, there is no reply.

"I think I see what you are getting at. You've been away for a while. And you'd like to know the lay of the land, as it were. Tell me, what is it that you feel you understand more than before? Perhaps you seek pleasure, or know the fear that lurks in hearts, hmm?"

M
    Maks Bortsov

“It has been a vhile da. Just seek others. Home,” he says in the gruff and weary voice. “I have been avay far too long.”

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Hmm."

There is the sound of a tongue clucking in thought.

"This happens to be an opportune time. There is a bar on the intersection of 12th and Main. [Date, time]. Very public, so be descrete - but it provides some shield against the unknown, being you.... and for you, myself. I am sure you understand - I must be cautious, as not everyone returns the same as they initiall appear. I look forward to meeting you, Mr.....?"

The question hangs in the air.

M
    Maks Bortsov

The answer is short. ”Bortsov. Maks Bortsov.”. The phone clicks shut as the newly named Maks begins to make preparations to meet the new hopeful allies. First, a shower and some new clothes.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 5

You do not have permission to view the list of names.