21 - 30
DISPLAYED
THREADID

(Spiritual Diplomacy)Instant Messenger

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

A grin is Chris's response to Emily's wink. Good no place for an Irraka to earn that name. The Talon flinches as the shriek cuts through the air. Turning to look around before seeing the ?dead? tree. Damn spirits and their shrieking.

"Calming sounds more like your two." Chris says quietly to Emily as the Oak falls into silence. Unless calming means fighting but who knows with these things. The acorn is noted but Chris doesn't make a move towards it just yet.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Nathaniel, when I find you I'm going to kick your ass...." Emily muttered darkly under her breath. She looks up at the Oak and smiles widely.

<<The Elms are angry, and seek allies of power. I see your concerns, old one, and hear your Wisdom. We thank you for your gift.>>

Slowly, respectfully, she reaches out and snags the acorn, her eyes widening slightly at it's power. The Ithauer bows to the Oak, and looks to the others, jerking her head towards the elm spirits before settign off in that direction.

"Kinda is, in this case," she murmers to Chris. "Whole choirs gettign riled makes me want to lean on words and pacts rather than going straight for the claws." She shrugs. "Call it a strategy, I guess. What I'm used to."
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

<<Thank you for this gift, we receive it as you have given it, without conditions or expectations, and will use it with our wisdom.>> Tiny adds as Emily takes the gift, making it clear that they are accepting it as a gift, and not as payment for a favor of whatever else the spirit thinks 'offered aid' is worth.
    <<Your words bring concern to us, for that which is sleeping should not be carelessly woken. We shall depart with your words, having heard them as you offered them, and go forth to bring calm to this world.>> Calm, not harmony. Harmony was his words, and had his meaning. Calm was their words, and had their meaning.
    Spirits were easily offended, especially when they wanted to be. And with Forsaken, they always wanted an excuse to call us oathbreakers and traitors and deceivers. Making them work for to say those slurs honestly was the Elodoth's job after all.
    And if they couldn't be tied in verbal knots, then the pack would tie them in physical ones.

"So, Elms next?" Tiny offers as he heads back to the pack's locus.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

delay

The mighty oak settles and moves no more, the vibrance around it mutes subtly.

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

With a deep nod of his head to the oak Chris takes a half step back then turns and follows the other two. Though he watches back and forth as he walks. You'd think that trees would be chill but apparently not.

"Hmm right Choirs, when things go from scary to o shit." The Talon says with a low sigh. "I'm good with you two running the show. This isn't exactly my ...place." A hand kind of flops towards the spirits around them.

A glance Tiny and Chris shrugs. "Sounds right if I was following right?"
    Irraka Blood Talon:

6. Likes Mark liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily nods. "Elms next."

She gives Chris a reassuring smile. "Don't worry bro. We got this. And it's more your place than you know. This is still a part of you, even if you don't feel it."

She leads the way over to the smaller trees, thinking how to phrase her approach.

<<Greetings, spirits>> she announces to the small copse. <<We hear you have been follolwing the words of a powerful allly>>
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

8. Likes Mark liked this post

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny follows behind, looking at the acorn with deep suspicion. Free gifts are all sorts of trouble.
    "Carrot and Stick always works, but sometimes you need a reminder that there is no safe place from us when we get annoyed."
    And no one could find a safe place and wreck it like an Irraka.

He nods along with Emily's words, appreciating her diplomatic approach. Not a stereotypical Ithaeur.
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

10. Likes Mark liked this post

The Call approach the ring, heading towards the largest of the elm spirits. It stands tall and sturdy, anchoring the line as smaller elms stand next to it. As the group draws near, they begin to notice the trees are ever-so-slowly moving outwards, expanding the circle.

The tall elm's barked is silvered in many places, many of its leaves are peppered with small holes. Roots bulge from the ground around it, one of the root bubbles, its bark gnarled is the dead grey of a sleeping spirit, as a new tree is sprouting from it.

"Hello Clarion's Call, have you come to join the war effort you started? We are following the ally you gave to us, and we thank you choosing our side."

The raspy sounds of leaves and sticks gurgles with a sickness never quite recovered from.

more perception please

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

"O I know it and feel it.. Just seen a bit more than I'm comfortable with." Is Chris's low reply to Emily as the trio approach the Elm. Though Tiny gets a toothy grin thrown his way. "We need to get drinks sometime."

Then the Irraka falls silent as the spirit speaks and almost hides his concern as it thanks them for joining their side in a war...wtf?

3 successes
    Irraka Blood Talon:

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

1 success, so you don't wait on me