Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

(Wait, there aren't fish in this lake?)

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Striking Looks
    (Dr. Mcsteamy)
    Status(Medical)
    Status(Criminals)
    Allies(Criminals)
    Contacts(Medical)
    Soren

+1
    SL
    PRE

Soren is packing up his Jeep for his trip, and he checks his list twice before closing the back hatch after the final fishing rod is placed next to a cooler.
    "Tackle box, cooler with drinks, one for beer and one for fish, fishing rods, and chairs. That should be all I need for this quick trip. I should call some people to come though." He pulls out his phone and finds the number to the garage shop, he dials it up. He waits for a pick up before he starts on his practiced invite. Well, the one he did in his head a couple times before the line picked up(answering machine or person).

"Hey this is Soren, the Jeep guy. You have been working too hard lately, you need to go fishing. Bring the rest of the gang with you too." He gives an address of a place not too far from here.
    He pulls up to the neighborhood lake and finds a spot near some trees to set up. He pulls out rods, coolers and chairs.
    As he is setting up, someone walking by turns and approaches him. "Uhh, sir? You know they haven't stocked the lake yet?" Soren looks at him dumbfounded. "Wait, there aren't any fish in this lake?" "No sir, there aren't." Soren sighs "Well, no one else has to know that. Thank you for the info my guy."
    Soren sets up for a fishing day despite there not being any fish. It will be relaxing anyways, no need to worry about a silly thing like there not being any fish to hook.

Figured we could do for a fun social scene.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Mark liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector is a man of the streets.

That means he has a peculiar habit of turning up just about anywhere. Even here, at a lake, just outside of the city limits. The rangy man in the oversize shorts and basketball T seemingly wanders out of the scrub and brush, just as if he had taken a diversion down a side street. He stops to grace Soren with a wave and one of his truly memorable (and awful) grins.

"Hey!" Hector says as he strolls over to where the other Wolf has set up.

"Nice spot."

The awful grin eases down into a mysterious smile that neither confirms nor denies exactly how the Alpha came to be in the area.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Striking Looks
    (Dr. Mcsteamy)
    Status(Medical)
    Status(Criminals)
    Allies(Criminals)
    Contacts(Medical)
    Soren

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hey there, grab a brewskie, a rod and a chair. This little old spot, nah just picked it at random." He opens a cooler offering up his usually array of random assortment of beers. There are some chairs already set out with rods next to them. Soren goes to his tackle box and back to picking a lure to his line. He does not look like he is too particularly great at it as he hovers over the lures aimlessly until picking one, except the knots, he ties those flawlessly, with practiced movements.

"You look like a bass man, am I right?"

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"Oh I just like eating fish. I wouldn't have a clue about what type of fish it is. But if Bass makes good eating, then sure."

Hector flows into seat, a light beer mysteriously in hand. He's still got that mysterious smile on his face.

"We haven't had much chance to talk yet, have we? Mind sharing a bit about yourself?"

Striking Looks
    (Dr. Mcsteamy)
    Status(Medical)
    Status(Criminals)
    Allies(Criminals)
    Contacts(Medical)
    Soren

+1
    SL
    PRE

Soren chuckles at Hector with his comment on fish. "I like to eat fish too, sushi is good but so is a good pan fried or grilled fish."

Soren casts off with his rod and grabs another beer before answering the questions.
    "No, we haven't had the chance I am afraid." He sips his beer as he organizes his thoughts into words.
    "Well, where to start? Let's see, guess we can start early, I was born to a some what wealthy family, guess you can say they were saddling the rich and upper middle class line. My Mom died when I was young, unexpectedly from a rare heart condition, which of course pushed me to study medicine and eventually I joined the Army as a trauma surgeon. It was while out overseas that my change happened." He pauses as he stares off into the distance for a second. "It was a shit show of a change, happened during a surgery. I'll never forget it, and that's how I found good old tribe friends and friends in low places, needed to cover it up quick." He looks to Hector and grins. "Nothing like a good old fashioned massacre to bring you new friends."

He reels in the line a little on his fishing rod. "Finished out my tour quickly and retired, kept practicing medicine as well. I mostly moved around a lot following tribal rumors or suggestions. But to be honest, I am just running away from my Ex's, they always find me and wrangle some money out of me." He laughs a hearty laugh at the last bit. He rubs a laughter tear from the corner of his eye before talking again. "Gold diggers get mad when you have them sign a prenup."
    He gives a quick smirk to Hector. "Now, I have a job at the local hospital and I run a underground clinic for veterans and others. So, now you know bit about me, they say sharing is healthy." He looks at you and smiles on the last part before going silent.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector guzzled his beer while Soren took up the conversation.

"Thats rough," he commented sincerely at one point - it was a bit hard to tell if he was referring to the sad news of Soren's mother or the particular's of his First Change.

He grimaced when the other man referred to the troubles with his Ex.

"Yeah..."

Hector bobbed his head and placed the beer can on the ground by his foot. He stared out across the lake.

"I was weak. Before the Change. You might say I was one of the sensitive kids. Picked up on things too easily. Enjoyed art rather than football. Hurt easily. That person couldn't handle the real world. That person hid from the world. He don't exist any more."

Hector turned to Soren.

"I changed after receiving a vision. Farsil Luhal found my first, but it was Max Roman who initiated me. Had to run through the city - Denver - and avoid the other packs that joined in hunting me. Guess I impressed, right? I got the mark of Red Wolf that night. Later Max got me an internship of sorts, learning the lore of the tribes from some of the other packs in the Rockies. I heard about this place through legends and decided to strike out here... To see what I could see."

Striking Looks
    (Dr. Mcsteamy)
    Status(Medical)
    Status(Criminals)
    Allies(Criminals)
    Contacts(Medical)
    Soren

+1
    SL
    PRE

Soren drinks his beer, crushes it, puts into the portable trash bin and grabs another. He smirks at a thought before commenting. "Sometimes, I think the medical internship was easier than the other." He reels in his line just a tad more, stops and let's it set. "Yeah, this place does have a rep huh?"
    "What legend in particular piqued your interest?"

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector paused and stretched in the seat, which groaned under the pressure in a cheap, tinny, fashion.

"The legend of the Idigam hunt. Idigam - you've heard of those, right? Spirits of chaos so powerful and so wild that it took the Moon Mother and Father Wolf to bind them. Somehow, they broke free of their chains, yadda yadda yadda. Some tales lay the blame at the feet of the ignorant Herd... Anyway - one of them came to Sacramento to... Feed!

And the People hunted!

According to some of the tales, it was about the only time the Tribes united - and by that I mean the Pure and Forsaken worked together to bring this thing down. Somewhere along the American river. That is, if the tales are completely accurate. Which they never are."

He flashed a grin filled with mischief.

And I completely forgot about this thread. Many apologies.
    Soren OniShadowWolf you are up!

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Two weeks no response. We should close this.

Striking Looks
    (Dr. Mcsteamy)
    Status(Medical)
    Status(Criminals)
    Allies(Criminals)
    Contacts(Medical)
    Soren

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sorry, completely forgot where I was going with this.

Closed Thread