Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2007) Breaking from the Crowd

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jul 1, 2020 : (2007) Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Jack," he offered to the shadow. His beast riled within at the unfamiliar challenger, "I feel your goal shouldn't be much of a challenge." a quiet confidence resonated in the statement, "It hasn't been terribly long since your predecessors departed. As a matter of fact, the last two to fill the role of Reeve in the Domain were actually of your order."

He thought back to the time and suppressed the urges of the beast, "Mister Nap has been a constant through all that time, and with solid character," he glanced over to the Shadow's peer. "I am curious though, what 'past events' were such a concern to the Ordo?" Sending a soldier was sometimes a statement. He wondered to himself if he approached similarly to as Adam had before, and that's why he too found himself in the Barrens.

Blood Hunt:

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio nods and listens to Jack interjecting when needed and glances to Dirt Nap on the second to last part. "Hopefully it isn't. That is a relief to hear, good for the image of the order I hope."

Horatio ponders for a moment before adding his answer. "I have no doubts of Mister Nap's character, in fact I would put my vote into the hat for him to be sworn if I could." Horatio looks at his hat in his hand before continuing on. "I believe the incident with the previous chapter house colored their opinion. I am sure that I am to make my own assessment and have my own autonomy since the orders were so vague."

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hum as he glanced around at the gardens of the farm, "A prominent tool in the centuries of our kind is the brush we wield in painting history." He grinned as he turned his head to speak at the Stalwart, "I'm certain you'll find the only roadblocks to that goal are borne of your own doing. Your predecessors also knew this; lived it." He shrugged, "But that conversation is best for another night." The power of those memories could also be quite a fickle thing to the ears of the Court.

"What else do you fill your time with? Any interests or passions?" Turning to face the Shadow, he considered another question before opting for a less sensitive one, "Do you like to indulge in spirits?"

Blood Hunt:

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio notes the glance and keeps himself from imitating the act. He ponders on the words from this kindred named Jack and then lets it flow away to the ocean of his mind to be picked and prodded at on another time. "Yes, another night then."

Horatio perks up and grins at the question of interests and passions. "Why yes, I have a passion for history, specifically Ancient world like Egyptian Old kingdom and military history. My parent clan name and bloodline name sparked the interest in Egyptology. I also enjoy dog training, specifically MPC … uh multipurpose canine training, it has great military and civilian applications like tracking and explosives finding and so on. Plus I like canines in general." He pauses for a brief moment and realizes he droned on far longer then necessary.
    "My apologies, I digress. I do enjoy the indulgence of spirits, a good Old Fashion is hard to come by sir. And yourself, what do you do or have interests and passions for?"

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jack smiled as the newcomer indulged his curiosities and to an unexpected detail, "That's fascinating Mister Quilz. I enjoy soaking in knowledge in general; the full spectrum from history to emerging technologies. I have formalized education in Law and some sciences, so I'm often called upon in those realms but I do know a little bit of everything." He grinned with an air of confidence as the bold claim passed his lips. "You have noble passions indeed then when they are fueled by blood, family and a comradery with a favorite species."

"Hard to come by a good anything these nights," he chuckled at the self-depreciating humor, "But I like to try and remember."

"Other than that, I like to smooth out ripples," he offered as he ran a hand down his vest to keep the look sharp. The look he gave coinciding with the gesture might suggest he wasn't speaking about his garment.

Blood Hunt:

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio smiles at Jack, chuckles as well. “That is good, always good to continue your education and expand it. I’ve enjoyed working with canines since the last Great War.
    It is indeed sir, I enjoy the nostalgia as well
    .”
    Horatio notes the gesture and look, so decides to press.
    Ripples you say? Care to elaborate on this?”
    Horatio has a feeling on what he means but confirmation is always best.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyebrows raise ever so slightly. It was clear he hadn't anticipated the question for clarification, "Certainly." The Lord took a moment and squeezed a handful of his vest to cause wrinkles to lightly form, "Ripples. Throughout all the effort of establishing a pristine wardrobe, this imperfection now draws all the attention. It doesn't matter how expensive the suit is or how renowned the tailor who stitched it was. All that does matter is the presentation."

He smiles as he motions his hand inward towards the spot on his vest, "Whatever you speak of, and however you wish to present yourself is robbed of potency because this is what now is seen, what is focused on and most importantly: what is expected and looked for in the future." Jacque tilts his head slightly as he begins to run his hand across the wrinkled area, "With time and consistency, those ripples can be vacated and a new normal can begin to propagate" Tugging at the corner of his vest, "...and with that a new expectation."

He paused and looked to the Shadow, waiting to see if he desired further elaboration.

Blood Hunt:

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio ponders on Jack's words for a minute before weighing in. "I think I gather what you are implying, but might I add that there are other applications to showing an imperfection that draws all attention. Sometimes, a ripple is intentional to draw the eye from what is really going on with the outfit or the tailor is using the ripples to enhance the effect of a piece of material, or sometimes the imperfection is the perfection if we go Eastern with this. A Wabi-Sabi, Kintsugi, if you will."
    Horatio shows his hat, it is a fedora with a rumpled ribbon and a rag tagged feather. "Take this hat, would you say it's a better quality, more expensive than the suit or the other way around?"
    "Nevertheless it is interesting and I hope I understood your intention, sir."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Of course there are Mister Quilz," He wasn't wrong. Even in the Invictus a well placed fuck up could accelerate one's standing on the rebound, though the Shadow seemed to be focusing on distractions as opposed to manipulation.

"The quality wanes though it holds up generally well to its function," he answers of the hat, "I'm no appraiser for such items, and admittedly it is outside of my style."

"I hope so as well," he replied as he reached into his vest and produced a card, "Let's continue this conversation when it is earlier in the evening." The sentence could have been a question, but it presented like a statement of fact.

With only a day left of court we should wrap up. Good scene!

Blood Hunt:

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio glances to his hat as Jack speaks. Give you a few changes and you show your age, alas I should put the good ribbon and feather on you. Hadn't needed to buy a new hat in decades though.

Horatio reaches and grabs the card, he puts it into his breast pocket. "Thank you, we shall continue another time. We could imbibe some spirits maybe, if you know a good place for that."

Thank you, it was a good scene.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread