Watch

Kaze and Briar Rose at Tea Rex

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Tea Rex is cheap, with an eccentric, comfortable atmosphere and is well out of city in Elk Grove to the south, where there is little to no chance of accidentally bumping into anyone they know. Kaze isn't really 'celebrating' turning thirty and being Apostate and alone having failed at his calling and his relationship. Apparently Briar Rose isn't in a celebratory mood either, but is willing to be company to misery. He can relax with someone who isn't going to try to cheer him up. He's dressed casually in jeans and athletic shoes and a plain, black tee shirt.

"So, yeah. Thanks for coming. This is it. Order whatever you want, it's pretty cheap here, I can cover it." Kaze grins and says to Briar Rose in an expansive tone. "They have sake and Kirin beer too, even though it's not on the menu. I have to ask for it, but it's not a problem."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Briar Rose should have expect the literal T-Rex head on the wall, but she didn't.

Her boots stomp through the place as she marched over to Kaze. She didn't dress up, she's in what some might dub her uniform. Boots, yes of course, skinny jeans, white t-shirt, loose with coloured spatter on the edges, with her leather jacket thrown over it all. Her pink locks, she knots up into something up and away from her face.

"Yo." comes a deadpan as she sits her ass down. "I was promised sake, so yes. That's what I'm having, but fuck. Kirin beer too?" a look, a snort then a nod. "I'm gonna want some sushi - " she spies a menu, "Awww." comes a whine "Spicy ramen...oooh, personal Shabu Shabu," Oooohhhh, mango shave ice....

Suddenly, in a blink and you miss it way, "Happy birthday, or whatever." Then she's back to the menu.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks." Kaze says, smiling at Briar Rose's appreciation of the menu and acknowledging her acknowledgement of his birthday. "I'm not exactly celebrating, because honestly, I thought my life would be a lot different when I turned thirty, I wanted it to be a lot different. But it is what it is, and like my grandfather used to say, 'getting older beats the alternative'."

"So yeah. Thanks." Kaze says quietly, not waiting for or wanting Briar Rose to have to say 'You're welcome.' "I didn't feel like celebrating, and I didn't feel like being by myself, and I really, really didn't want anybody to feel like they had to cheer me up. And I thought I didn't feel like explaining, sorry." He laughs.

"Hey, I'm going to get a bottle of sake and some Kirin. You want lager?" Kaze asks. "They have both kinds. And no, I'm not trying to get you drunk." He laughs at the absurdity of getting someone who knows Life Magic drunk anyway. "I'm fine with getting you some for later, when you go home."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

The pinkette snorts, looking up from the menu, "You're a fuckin' baby." lips quirked up. "Justa wee boy," her fingers float up, pressing until they're an inch apart, the hand drops, "Just three whole decades and you're life's what? Not what your grade school, where will I be in whatever many years wishes and dreams assignment? instead of what, fit? Healthy? Alive? Yeah, for this one. Listen to that old man." she nods, glaring around her fringe. Not really knowing why she's suddenly this. But she is.

Good thing he didn't wait, she wasn't going to say it.

"So you invited me, because I wouldn't want to celebrate or care if you explained or not?" a shrug, "Whatever." eyes down again, "The Shabu Shabu for me, yeah. And sushi. And the grownup drinks, and fuck you can't get me drunk unless I wanna stay that way. So, zip." she punctuates that with a quick snap of her fingers, a quick point and a sharp look.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze laughs at Briar Rose's tough talk, calling him an effing baby. Yeah. That's about right.

Then he pauses as she says what it sounds like he thinks of her.

Kaze sighs. "I'm sorry, Rose. No. The reason that I invited you is because you are the person that I most feel like I can be myself with, even though I am still working on who 'myself' is. You seem to me like someone that...hah, I am really opening myself up to get blasted for saying this, but you honestly seem like a good role model for me; you seem like you are who you are, and you don't change for anyone. All my other friends...it's not their fault, they aren't trying to change me or anything, but I tend to kind of pick up on what I think they expect me to be, and fall into trying to be that." Kaze says. "You on the other hand tend to make it clear that you don't want that, and call me on it the second I start to do it with you."

Kaze grins and gets up, leaving to order her food and get her Japanese booze. His parting words over his shoulder are casual and deftly timed to not give her a chance to respond until he returns about ten minutes later, "I think you're pretty awesome that way Rose, honestly."

10. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Briar Rose has words. But this asshole gets up and leaves.

Fuckin' cuntwaffle

When he gets back it's a boot tapping, and a tongue obviously clicking.

"Cheeky sonovabitch." the words might be teasing but the snarl isn't. "You don't just do that!" her voice gets high and kind of squeaky. Unused to that pitch.

She balls up a napkin and throws it at him.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze doesn't smile, he takes it seriously, though he does try and fail to catch the crumpled up napkin. "Hey, hey, I'm sorry. I promised you food and drinks, so I wanted to keep my promise. Here." He holds out the shabu shabu and the beer and sake bottles in front of him like a peace offering.

The shabu shabu is set up for them to cook their individual pieces of sliced meat and vegetables themselves in the hot cooking pot with an assortment of hot sauces. Kaze picks out a piece for himself and cooks it in a sauce for himself, paying a lot of attention to the process and letting Rose decide for herself if she wants to make food or open a bottle or cuss him out. He doesn't ignore her exactly, just sort of acts like she can decide on her priorities for herself without interference or expectation from him.

failure

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

She's still glaring at him as he puts the promised food down. She has time. She can glare. Her food, once she places her veg and meat in her the scalding broth, needs to cook.

Though she does crack a smile when the obviously athletic Kaze misses her napkin, she hadn't even really meant it.

She takes some of her sake, pours it out into the saucer. There was food and booze and she wasn't that big of a bitch.

"Kampai," she says, raising it up, and downing the saucer.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze looks up from his food as it seems to be ready for his first bite, and nods and grins at Briar Rose's drinking toast!

"Itadakimasu!" Kaze responds, grinning and touching his hands together in front of him for a brief moment, bowing slightly.

Then he eats, looking interested in Briar Rose's general direction without rudely staring. He seems chill and quite content to just eat together without conversation, just enjoying the company.

17. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Briar Rose feels her lips lift into something akin to a smile. She has a flash, even as she follows Kaze with a quieter "Itadakimasu," as she dives into her amazing looking and smelling and yes tasting food, of warm twisting nostalgia.

Born of watching, and wishing. Simple and unobtainable.

Being able to, wanting to, say Tadaima and hearing Okaeri in response.

She coughs, shifting awkwardly.

"Your's good?" she's trying. She'll probably fail. But she's trying.

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread