Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

One evening when Dirt Nap and Horatio are alone in the barrens, Dirt Nap ventures to ask, “Sir, could I ask you something that could be delicate, like? A favor maybe?”

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio looks to Dirt Nap, gives a smile before answering. "Sure, go right ahead."

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods grateful in posture. “Sir, you once mentioned something about being willing to teach and I wouldn’t ask about a clan secret normally; I know I couldn’t teach them; my family elders wouldn’t stand for it. “ He confesses.

”But I am in a little bit of a pickle, sir. So I’ll come out and ask. As the only one of your family around these parts, could you teach me how to see what other clans can’t?” Dirt Nap asks, “And what would you require to do it?”

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio ponders for a moment "If I do, I would be grave danger from my clan, it is a deeply guarded secret. But, I will have to think on it. But first a question, why do you want to learn this?"

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, acknowledging the puzzle that he'd posed, why would he want to learn the discipline of Aspex anyway, being a Gangrel? The danger he takes for granted at this point is less of a concern for his superior than that there is a good reason for doing it.

"Well, sir. I owe you the explaining of it, so I am asking for your patience, as it's a bit of a twisty trail to get to where I am asking this." Dirt Nap 'explains'.

"You see sir, for a while now, I have been trying to locate a special type of dirt, or maybe a special patch of it, would be a better way of saying it. My former superior in our order, did tell of something like it being found underground around these parts. I found a man who owed me a favor and knew the underground, and meant to have him teach me the lay of it, but that man ended up being underground toes up, if you know what I mean."
    Dirt Nap pauses either in respect or just recollection of the event.

After a long pause, Dirt Nap speaks abruptly, "Beg pardon, Sir. The special patch being necessary for my being able to get up to a kind of rank, like yours, only based on studying rather than being a protector like you."

He pauses again and then looks satisfied that he has provided the basis for things enough to continue, "See, it is an irony, I know, that the very thing about my family limitation, us not being really good at the concentration or wit of book study and such, would seem to make learning what I am asking you less desirable, I know. But the way of telling if a patch of land is the right kind, is based on the same kind of study, normally, and it's a long shot my being able to do it that way." Dirt Nap is silent, pondering.

Then he suddenly speaks, "I heard tell of another way, suited to my relations and what we can do better. If a body from our order could learn your family's way of seeing into a thing, then they could learn to use my relations' way of making themselves comfortable lying down inside a place, and if they learned to blend those two things right, some in our Order have been able to find the kind of land I am looking for, the special patch, just by sleeping in it."

Dirt Nap says, slowly. "I am sure I suss it out, if I can find a way to learn to do what your family can, but I had pretty much figured I wouldn't ever get the chance. I know my changes aren't likely to be too good now either, but you seem to me to be the best chance I am likely to come across. I can't even offer an equal exchange, but I am ready to consider anything else you might ask for, sir. I will admit, I have been thinking on this for a long time, since before I started going by my nickname in fact. It kind of inspired me, you could say."

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

"Well hmm, you are speaking of nests? I have heard of those special places and of the ways associated with them. They can make changes easier, so I've heard, one of the main reasons they are so coveted. I have thought of being a guardian at one time."
    Horatio looks off into the distance. "I'll have to think of a suitable request or boon maybe …" He trails off as he looks back to Dirt Nap. "Let's turn this around, what if I asked about being taught about your family's way changing shape and melding, how would you respond? Would you be in a predicament like I am?"

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "It is that, sir. Exactly." He confirms that this is about finding a Wyrm's Nest.

He nods again and chuckles softly too at Horatio's question, of turning the situation around. "It'd be simple and easy enough for me, Sir. I'd go and ask my elders in my family, and generally just go by what they said." He says simply. "The only thing I had to deal with similar to what you have, Sir, was when I was the only one here in our Order. Then I had to decide, but even then, they had to join up, so it's still a different sort of problem, one with an easy answer. Here and now though, you don't have an family elder to ask or even a peer to get their opinion, and I can't join your family to make it alright. I understand, Sir, if it isn't worth the risk or trouble. I have to ask it though."

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio listens and then sighs at Dirt Nap. "I will agree to this but with some caveats, you can probably never pay me back for this but we will make an effort. First caveat, if one of my parent clan ever show up, you are not to mention this. Second caveat, this is all in secret and for better or worse we are in this together. This is a prized power among the shadows, so you'll understand why I add the caveats. Now on to how you can pay me for this gift?"

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Well, Sir." Dirt Nap ponders silently a long moment and says, "Thank you kindly Sir." He nods.

"I agree to what you say, Sir." Dirt Nap says. "And I really don't know what to tell you about how to pay you back."

"I can only imagine if it was me, I would ask for teaching a Coil or two or for help with something that would help me towards getting one."

Dirt Nap shrugs, "I don't know what to offer that is not already on the table by way of your being my superior in the order, Sir. And I have no idea what you want." He says softly.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

"No, I was gonna suggest you bake me a cake, I jest." Horatio chuckles at his own joke. He settles himself before going on.
    "Jokes aside, very likely I'll just request a boon to be cashed in later. Do you agree to this?"

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread