(Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It would appear so," Naga commented, keeping her eyes on the painting for now. She had no idea what was so special about it, but she was determined to figure it out. She wracked her brain to try and recall anything she might have read or seen at university.

2 successes

"Why the interest in Pixel? Are you friends of his?" she asked as she studied the painting.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The conversation remains an indistinct bubble of noise to Phoenyx as she puts the painting under her Scrutiny. Slowly, a hint is revealed: the painting is not Supernal, but it is touched by the Supernal. And that touch is strong.

Naga is still drawing a blank regarding the painting. That in itself is telling: the story of the painting must be really obscure and the artist unknown. Which would also mean the only people with information on the painting would be the curators and organisers of the event itself.

Striga Mortis switched her exaggerated pose to something more earnest and friendly.

"No. We've met him that is all. He said he was... Councillor. Like I said, he and his associate were investigating a Grimoire... It pays to name drop sometimes. Make sure we are on the ... same side."

The bald man continued to engage with Skye

"Really? I'm not much of a walker. I am more... of a people person. Not an extrovert or anything, but I like the benefits of being connected. Nature is not me. And yes, the trip has been... uneventful. The rest of our group is checking out something of interest to them over at the other side of town."

He gestured with his thumb, pointing toward's Davis, the nearest town to the west of Sacramento proper. And smiled wickedly when his admission got a rise out of his gothic companion, who looked at him briefly with narrowed eyes.

"We heard it was safe to come out this way again," he added innocently.

Striga Mortis fumed.

"No. We are fine. Just expanding our horizons. Is that a problem?" Striga Mortis replied tersely to Kaze , perhaps more acidly than she had wished by the look on her face.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze is startled at Striga's response and feels an impulse to apologize, but suppresses it. Instead he smiles and shrugs, "Well, if you need anything, I still appreciate the hospitality we got in San Francisco. I'd be glad to help." He says. He makes an effort to remember Striga's face and other features and also the bald man, wondering about his name too, but not asking for now.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"We heard it was safe to come out this way again."
    These words catch the Arrow's ears.

"Safer..."
    Phoenyx adds distractedly, her attention remaining on the painting. "We have worked to make it so."

Scruitiny was not her strong suite, but once begun it was worth spending what time one could.

1 success
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery +2
    life mage sight/pulse of the living world
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

Her eyes still glancing to see if there was any price tag to be seen whilst still making sure to keep her primary focus on the bald man.
    "Ohh that's to bad, nature really have a lot to offer us in so many ways and it is so peaceful and tranquil as well if you find the right spots. Perhaps you should consider trying for the easier connection and just go on a picnic in the woods with some friends, maybe bring a grill and make something nice to eat as well maybe have a few beers if that's your thing just make sure to clean up after you." So they had more companions and relatively close by as well, for so many awakened to have to travel to a location together did speak of something happening which was a bit worrisome, this was not their territory so why would so many of them need to come here?
    "Will you all be staying here long or just passing through? I have personally never been on a cross state trip by car and never on such a long trip with friends at all, I bet you get to see a lot of nice things hopefully you stop by here and there to appreciate it." She wasn't really caring about such stuff here but it did feel less intrusive and direct to weave her question with some nice views from herself.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That is true. Pixel's a Councilor." Was, anyway, but the Warlock didn't elaborate on that part. They still hadn't replaced him.

This stuff about a Grimoire was unknown to her, so she didn't comment. Naga preferred to take her time and not admit to ignorance until she'd had a chance to educate herself. Speaking of which, it had become obvious this painting was a total mystery to her. Speaking with the curators seemed to intelligent move.

She spoke nothing further for the moment, waiting to see if Kaze could coax more out of the irritated Striga Mortis. The woman might let something slip in her anger.

Instead, she quietly glanced around the party, seeing if any curators or other officials might be nearby.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

11. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The bald man continued to engage with Skye

"Maybe. To be honest we just hang out in the rumpus room if we want to spend time together. A road trip is something new. Never thought about stopping for the view. It took us three hours - with traffic - so when we got into Davis we simply picked a motel and crashed. I'm Satyricon, by the way. What is your Name?"

His eyes broke contact with the Shaman and bounced gently over Naga, Phoenyx and Kaze.

"We are fine, thanks. If we are in your area of influence we can withdraw."

Striga Mortis sighed, made a face, and smiled back at Kaze . She turned her attention to Phoenyx

"I'd love to know what happened. But I understand if thats... uh... trade craft." The gothic mage added carefully, now following Naga glance.

For their was a Sleeper moving into their orbit: a curator / event official by the look of their more formal attire and the big badge attached to a lanyard around their neck. An older woman with a round face and small, stylish, glasses. There movements - and their presence - was not threatening; they had simply noticed the singular group gathering alone around one painting while the rest of the crowd milled in the warm sunlight outside.

Skye sees no price tag attached to the artwork. The only information on the wall is a place card giving the name of the painting and the artist: Portrait of an Angel by Olivia Nunez.

Phoenyx remains largely distracted as the Arrow continues her Scrutiny. Apart from a burning sensation building behind her eyes, she learns nothing further at the moment.

13. Likes Xadun, Ruach, Vincent liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles back at the lady, Striga Mortis. Nods at the introduction, the name, Satyricon. Cool names. 'Satyricon' sounds like, 'satyr'. Skye and him might have something in common.

Then attention is off him, which is fine with him, and he listens. And notices the official, librarian looking lady with the badge coming up. "Oh hi." Kaze says, addressing her. "Could you tell me about this painting?" He asks guilelessly and seemingly genuinely interested.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Kaze moves swiftly to intercept the officious little woman. She looks at Kaze, and by extension the group, with a mix of delight and curiosity.

"Oh you found the Angel! And you are staying cool I see..."

Her outh wrinkled a little, sighting the out-of-place waterskin at Skye's hip. Her eyes flick back to Kaze.

"The Angel? Oh that one is very mysterious. I don't know too much about it, I am afraid. It was added to the collection at the last minute. I did make some enquiries about the painting but I must confess, I found nothing. Nothing about Olivia Nunez either, so I would say it is either a pseudonym or else the artist is completely unknown."

She gave Kaze a conspiratorial look.

"The painting was found on these premises, you know. Over there..."

And she pointed to a space in the big function room.

"At the time, the building had not been renovated. So it would have been a storage room. Before this was a function suite, the building housed a bric-a-brac store - a whole warehouse of curiosities. Sadly the old owner was hospitalised and had to sell. A very sorry tale I am told. Ms Sadie became the custodian of the work... and I believe it up for sale if you are interested."

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

I forget how difficult this is.

The Arrow slowly lets her focus relax, the painting being too guarded of it's secrets for a casual observation, she turns and looks back towards the visiting magi.

"Not really," Then Arrow replies to Striga Mortis. "Like most things, perseverence. Removing unwanted influences. The occassional hostile takeover." She smiles a little, dark eyes watching. "Such things tend to come into my remit."

The Sleeper seemed to have interesting information. The first Talon looked to Naga. "We should meet with the custodian, in that case. It is a fascinating piece." A glance to the two others. "I see no reason why we cannot cooperate," she adds levelly.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread