Moving into a new city looks so much more fun in movies or tv shows then it does in reality. For one thing, the logistics is just a nightmare and following up with realtors and banks is anxiety fuel. Luckily I have experience with this and know the steps and some cheats to boot. If only we could have a move in montage.

Soren stares at the papers on the counter as he fixes some coffee and sighs at the thought of dealing with that wretch of a banker one more time. He finally finishes the brew and takes it with him as he heads out the kitchen but stops short as he hears a noise from Loki his dog. It's not quite a bark and not quite a howl, sort of a mix between the two. "My bad Loki, I'll get your breakfast right away." He goes back into the kitchen and fixes a mouth watering breakfast for Loki before heading back out to the garage to check his Jeep before leaving out for the day. Tire pressure, check, oil level, check, radiator level, check. Covers all the basics, hate to have a problem with a vehicle. Soren finishes his coffee as he finishes his check, he heads back to the kitchen and grabs a snack for the road.

Pulling into the bank parking lot, Soren hopes out his Rubicon Jeep and squints at the Sun before heading to the front of the building. Taking a deep breath and steeling himself, Soren opens the door and heads in. He is immediately spotted by his favorite banker. "Dr. Bancroft, it is a pleasure. What can I do for you today?" "My favorite shyster Mr. Garrod." Mr. Garrod throws his hands to his chest. "Dr. Bancroft, you wound me." Soren smiles at the man and picks him up in a huge hug. Setting him down with a hearty laugh. "I wound you huh? You wound me with all these papers to sign. Thought you said you got me a deal? Damn HOA told me I couldn't work on my Jeep in the drive way, My drive way. She left stammering when I came back without my shirt offering her lemonade." Mr. Garrod smiles and makes a mocking chiding tone. "Now, Now, that is unfair to those PTA soccer Moms and you know it." Soren straightens the papers he has and hands them over. "Now that should be the last, right?" Mr. Garrod looks them over before setting them on his desk. "Yes, that should be it. You know, I am gonna miss these encounters. They have a certain charm." Soren gives a face splitting smile. "A certain charm huh? In other words, I am a rapscallion and you tolerate me."
Soren gives a firm handshake to the still mouthing Mr. Garrod before he catches his words. "No sir, you were a treat, a breath of fresh air. A story for years to come." Soren cuts him off "Hey, you already got your cut, no need to keep blowing smoke up my ass." He winks at Mr. Garrod before fumbling his phone out to answer it. "Yes, Dr. Bancroft. Okay, I'll be in shortly. Don't move the patient." Mr. Garrod puts his hands up "Duty calls I see, it's been a pleasure. Please refer me to anyone you know looking to buy a house. Goodbye Dr. Bancroft." Soren winks at him after hanging up the phone. "Sure thing Mr. Garrod, after I suggest a lawyer first."

Soren heads out the bank, on his way out he winks and nods at a couple tellers. Jumping into the Jeep, Soren lets out a sigh as he starts it up and navigates out the parking lot. I have got to get better with bankers, oh well until the next time. ​Now that he is mostly settled in, he needs to get in touch with the local pack soon. Soren races to the hospital to put in a few hours before disappearing from there again to his side job.