Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Overdue Introductions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque adjusted his tie as he made his way down the stairs of the Nox and around the corner to the offices for the members of the Court. Eyes lingered on what used to be his door. Even though the detachment was a simple consolidation of power and not some kind of failing, he couldn't help but succumb to the Lordly disappointment the loss of the authority caused. The next door he arrived to was his next personal challenge he sought to overcome.

He held no ill will towards Alice, it simply felt like accepting her presence and position meant acknowledging her predecessor was truly vanished from the city. As hard as it felt to forget the strange relationship, it was time. He took a moment to fiddle with his cufflinks and adjust his Rolex and then rapped at the door.

For all the time he spent meticulously making sure each part of his wardrobe was flawless, he couldn't help but wonder if the gesture was wasted on the blind Seneschal. Maybe her pet relayed the details at some later time? Who knows... and honestly it wouldn't really matter since it was an old habit of his that would die hard.

Once acknowledged he enters and greets Alice with a bow of his head, "Good evening Seneschal Hart. I hope it finds you well." One source of anxiety down: he didn't slip and say York.

Jack is sporting an outfit similar to his profile pic

Blood Hunt:

2. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Realized I was a dunce and linked the wrong image for his cufflinks. Sorry!

Blood Hunt:

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice isn't truly working, she has a meeting scheduled for this evening, even still she had somethings opened in front of her, fingers raised to read them, nothing truly impressive or sensitive to her duties, even if her appointment could understand braille. A benefit she has found in her blindness, her documents are harder to understand, even the person opposite can read upside down.

At the knock, Lyssa is ready to open the door, and gesture for Jack to seat the chair opposite to her, lovingly carved desk. Predator and prey, entwined in their eternal dance, sigils carved and smelling faintly of old blood.

Alice herself straitens the bow of her blouse, while, recrossing her feet at the ankles, as she was wearing a pencil skirt. Her gleaming red heels, are the only true colour she's wearing this evening.

"Good evening," she pauses, had the Lord a surname? Alice couldn't remember if she knew it. "Jack, you find me well enough, and yourself?"
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I certainly can't complain Seneschal," he smiled as he found his seat. "I'm compelled to apologize that it took this long for us to connect. As Herald it was high on my list for obvious reasons, but even now as I no longer serve in that capacity it still felt proper." He leaned back in the chair, enough to be comfortable but still have is back straight, "I found it inspiring to see other Kindred react so positively to a new, but apparently familiar face all those months ago. I can only hope that somewhere along my Danse I find myself with comrades who would react similarly."

He shrugged his shoulder, "My only other hope is that Mister Boyle didn't completely poison your opinion of me before he departed Sacramento," he allowed a faint smirk to form across his lips as the memories returned of the night Thomas failed his bid for Priscus, "Pride can be a.... complicated thing for some of my cousins. He was certainly overflowing with it that night." A careful line was walked to not be too forward with critiquing Thomas. He was Alice's Hierophant at one point after all.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"No, no, I must apologize as well, I should have set a meeting long before now. I had hoped for a more...organic meeting. It is an oversight, yes, and one that we can now rectify." comes her response, "As for their reactions to my return....I am more then simply flattered. I wish to you the same. It warmed my poor dead heart." She smiles, too wide, too fake.

She considers, her head at an impossible angle for the living, "He was the....Acolyte...yes? No," she shakes her head, jerking and strings pulled, lobbing it away from it's impossible angle, "Unlike some, I have my own mind and an aim to use it. I can form my own opinions." in truth she could barely remember the fleeting impression Boyle had left, never mind his varied opinions.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm glad there is no need to dwell on the matter then," he offered a smile. He nodded at the recollection, "Yes, he was the host of the court at the Temple when you made your return and boasted being Hierophant of the Circle."

He looked over the features of the room before continuing, "His attitude was less than impressive in the short months prior to his vacancy. The Prince revoked the tenancy she granted him due to his brazen tongue and he went on to invoke further displeasure within his family." A twist of his hand, "Of course, I don't intend to try and suade you one way or the other in the matter. As Seneschal, it is just prudent for you to know that the Lords of Sacramento need him to sort his family grievances as a prerequisite to acknowledgement." A brief pause stills the air, "If he were to even return, that is. Having the simultaneous displeasure of the Prince and your Priscus is a difficult position for any Kindred to be in. Even worse, having the first instinct to run from that problem is a hard flaw to ever overcome in our world."

Waving a hand dismissively, "I suppose that is enough about that. I was more eager to learn about you and your interests. Perhaps even your more... public goals, if you're so inclined." He grinned as he remembered, "Early in my time here the Prince shared with me her enjoyment of art created by one of your cousins. A Miss... Weiss? Yes, I believe that was the name. Was that someone familiar to you?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Correlation did not equal causation, however.... "Were these issues glaring before my return? Or were they glowing as I presented myself as an Acolyte and a Haunt of...appropriate comport?" was there a Lord's jealousy? Or their rumoured madness....? "Though I must ask, if you do know, how did someone like that receive a Regency?"

A strings pulled nod, it was within the fires of Sacramento that she had found her feet. Dug in her heels. It has been years now, that she ever gave thought to running. Even if she knew that the whiteblacktheachingpresurebarbedtongueandterror awaited her.

"For someone like, Mister Boyle, running might be the only thing that staves off his Final Death."

Silence, amusement. Lords. "Why, the safety and security of the Domain of course." She nods, strings pulled and jerking. "Yes, Cynthia Wiess. I knew her, perhaps not well. But I did know her." Alice could even remember the stink or chemicals wafting from her Cousin and invading her nasal cavity. "Of course I never was able to view her artwork, but I have been told of how, impressive it is."

A beat, two of Lyssa's heart.

"Why do you ask?"

10. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord shook his head, "These issues were on an ever growing pace, however, it was more of a family matter until those politics bled into challenging the Prince's mouthpiece. The matter came to a head coincidentally upon your return, but otherwise unrelated as far as I can tell. I feel Pride blinded him with the generous gift Her Grace granted, but his disrespect was a grave miscalculation nonetheless."

Waving his hand off to the side, "No, not a Regency. Mister Boyle was merely granted Tenancy so that he may rebuild his Temple in a manner fit for hosting Her Grace's court. The last Regent was the prior Hierophant Krieg. As far as I know that post remains vacant today." Nobody called themselves regent, nor were there any official announcements made or requested.

"Then he is truly Damned," The thought of having the endless gift of time squandered by the inability of a Kindred to control their own tongue didn't sit well with Jack.

A light chuckle as the vague response was understood, "Well, it certainly wasn't hard to find some common ground between us was it?" He raised his eyebrow at her inquiry, "Stories of past Kindred who are held in high regard always interest me. There is always a chance they could make it back to Sacramento and if they do..." A flick of his wrist turned his palm upwards toward the air, "Well, it is always an asset to know what quality of Kindred they are before such an event." An easy opportunity to cut through some of the fat of Kindred politics.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She nods, easy, accepting, but jerking all the same. "Pride Goeth." She murmurs. "Though as much of a headache such actions must have been, I must confess a regret as to missing them." petty, catty, mean But for the Danse, what else was there to watch others misstep?

Then a pause, "My apologies, I must have misheard." she ducks her head to acknowledge the correction. "Was he a Regent in the position of his Clan, or that of the Crone?" how far did her fellows rise, only to fall...?

A laugh, hollow and achingly empty. Oh yes, Boyle was most likely ash by now.

"Our common ground should be a place where in every loyal Kindred steps." comes her voice, once her empty laughter leaves. "Oh yes, I have met more Kindred while in residence in Sacramento then in any other location, some have of course left impressions, whether favourable or not, they have left their impressions upon me, and others I'm sure, though I know nearly nothing of the Kindred in the short years in which I was...away.

Are we going to trade stories Mister Jacque?"
    she asks, head tilting once again.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"That's fair," he chuckled to himself. Despite the headaches, the snake did make Jack stronger and wiser for future usurpers. "It is unfortunate that Miss Wood is now serving as a center of the latest politics." He shrugged a shoulder, waiting to see if Alice wanted to delve further into the topic.

"I'm unsure of the motives Her Grace had in the appointment of Krieg, but considering he was placed as Regent over Citrus Heights it is more likely than not the latter." Lifting his shoulders, "Or at least that could have been a relevant reward for some action to the benefit of the Domain."

He grinned at the haunt's query, which could have either been a proposal for an exchange or a subtle request to move on to more relevant conversation, "I am amenable to whatever you feel is a productive use of our time, Seneschal."

Adjusting in his chair he offers, "For your stated goal, perhaps it would prudent to understand each other's areas of expertise. It is always invaluable to know exactly who you can call upon to best address a particular situation for the benefit of the Domain."

Blood Hunt:

14. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread