Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Criminal Intent:Scene of the Crime

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is a coyote. He makes a special effort to pick out the scent on the torn scrap of shirt material. Based on the whispers of the local wildlife, Dirt Nap also makes an effort to pick up the specific trail of the homeless man who is a frequent if transient resident of the alley.

Dirt Nap trots over to Horatio's vehicle to sniff the open back area of Horatio's jeep where he'd given the woman with the torn shirt a ride earlier. He tries to confirm that the scent of that woman matches the scent on the torn shirt scrap.

2. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

As the two Kindred casually tried to investigate while keeping their cover as being disinterested, they notice a handful of things. Walking in, they passed a small clear display rack of local businesses. There were a few business cards on display and several scattered or discarded along the nearby bar top.

Mabel
    Mabel encounters a few women in the bathroom, more interested in touching up make up. One had watched Mabel moving around with confusion. When Mabel speaks, the woman who had watched her: A Black woman with intricately styled hair and deep purple short dress looks away from meeting Mabel’s eyes. The remaining woman with long loose red hair continues to adjust her make-up, not paying any attention to Mabel.
    There are no brunettes that could fit the description of who they are looking for.

Edward
    There were no less than three brunettes with curly hair moving around the bar. Two were together with another woman.
    The third tugs at Edward’s memory the strongest. She wears loose fitting bell bottom like pants, a bit different from the crowd. She wears a red belly shirt, showing a toned abdomen. The woman is turned sideways from Edward, looking over at a few men sitting at the bar. One of them is wearing a blue and white plaid shirt, which could resemble Dirt Nap. She doesn’t appear to notice Edward at the moment.

Horatio in on the line for barely a few seconds.
    “This is Small. Are you calling about my work being shown at the Gallery at Sycamore? “
    A man’s voice speaks calmly. He doesn't seem perturbed at being called late at night. The man appears to be sharp as he continues.
    "Or is this something to do with what happened with the... lets call it Monster Mash movie. 'Course if you have no idea what I am talking about with that, I apologize. I am a horror film fan and I do hope someone gets back to me about an idea I have been floating around."

From the clues, Horatio can piece together that the card belongs to an artist. An artist is a prime suspect to be ready with a camera at any moment. The fact that he is attempting to speak in code to feel out if someone was calling in regards to a monster movie suggests that he could very well be the witness! What should Horatio say? How could he find out if this artist had taken video footage of the Breach?
    That would be disastrous.

Dirt Nap
    At the Jeep, he can definitely smell the woman that he and Horatio Quilz had met. It is a pity she had not left the shirt that she had changed out of... that leather backpack that she had carried had secured her property. After a few moments of investigation, he finds a proper scent trail.
    The interesting thing is that there are none of the usual smells. Cheeseburgers, ketchup or even perfume or dyes used in so much of what people use in their daily lives. The Beast beating in the breast of every Kindred knew the forbidden lure of Vitae. It was hard to get Vitae to flow, one could surmise. One could guess that violence had happened in this alley. Someone had been hurt, someone who mattered - a fellowKindred. Once his nose stops distracting him and he focuses his priorities, he could catch another, more faint scent. A scent that was recent but brief. Flowers.
    Their maiden in distress earlier had either been wounded or had wounded another Kindred. Hadn’t she http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php?42281-(PRP)-Criminal-Intent-Barren-Pickings]spoken [/url] about something like that?
    "Dammit. Simone, I need to talk to you. He's vulnerable right now. I need your help!"
    The two had managed to drop this mysterious woman off at a hotel. Although she had mentioned something interesting:
    "I can't really spend the day in the city proper. The Domain officials don't like me. It was possible she wasn’t planning on staying at the hotel for long.
    "You can drop me at Hawthorn Suites Hotel." The words flit in Dirt Nap's memory.
    His sense ping in what is vitally important to an animal like a coyote. The homeless man has his own blend of Axe body spray in something meant to be earthy. There is a trace of sweat and a unique scent of something sweet and unnatural, perhaps something like Sprite or Mountain Dew. The man - smell trails away from the dumpster and the alley, off into the lights near the bar. Were Coyote Dirt Nap to follow, he would step into the light.

4. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward smiled as Mable left for the washroom, "sure, sure" But as his eyes found his target, and then the man in plaid, Edward sighed. Swing and miss.

As Mable returned Edward shook his head, and then returned (with Mable?) to the alley. He has a brief start upon seeing the coyote but shakes it off, "we shall go to the morgue. Have you found anything pertinent?" Edward asks the other investigators.

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable leaves the restroom and locates Edward. She gives a little shake of her head even as she says, "I found my earring." A silent raise of the eyebrow questioning if he had found anything.

"Shall we go find our friends?" She asked as she took his arm in a show of intimacy she had seen in movies.

Once outside she glanced at the coyote, "I didn't find anything. I did get some strange looks but then it could have been me being awkward." She smiled realizing it was Dirt Nap.

She used her animal-ism to communicate with him. "Did you find anything?" She asked Dirt.

8. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio puts a finger up as the line picks up. "Hello, yes I was calling in regards to your gallery at Sycamore. I am sorry, did you say Monster Mash? What idea may that be? I may be able to help with it." Horatio waits on the line as the others show back up and backs up enough to cover the sound of them.

2 successes

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Horatio:
    "Yeah, how so?". Small replies.
    There is a brief pause.

" The film is in early days yet. You say you like my work on Sycamore? I made a new painting that may appeal to you.
    It's not the same subjects as my usual work. This one is provocative. A friend," slight pause on 'friend' - is looking for the right audience. "

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

ST note: Are people done with this scene or is there more here that you wish to accomplish? Please post in IC & note to let me know. Horatio Quilz , @Mabel Wood Dirt Nap Edward Heinrich
    Last edited by Seryna; Aug 14th, 2020 at 02:59 PM.  Reason for Edit: Coding

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap communicates to Mable as a coyote does, with his posture and expression and some 'chuff' sounds.

"Found what can be. Finished."

Dirt Nap trots back into the deepest of shadows, careful to be out of sight, and then changes back.

He comes out and says, "Sir. The woman we helped out with a ride in your jeep was here. I found the piece that was torn from her blouse." He holds it up for inspection. "There was another witness too. A homeless guy. He went thataway." Dirt Nap points out to where the lights are brightly illuminating the street.

Good to close the scene and move to the next if everyone else is. Thank you for this scene, Story Teller! I am sorry for my delay!

16. Likes liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio chuckles into the phone. "You know, I might just know the right audience your friend is looking for. Are you still in the office? I could stop by real quick and we can discuss it in person, what do you say?" Horatio paces as he talks on the phone, he acknowledges Dirt Naps comment with an inaudible 'Well shit' before pacing back with the shirt that he stares at as he walks, and then looking over to the brightly lit up area of the street he pointed at.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable is ready to move on when Edward is ready

20. Likes Ruach liked this post