Watch

Romanian Apostolic Faith in Jesus church

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods. He doesn't mention that seeing 'Castaway' on late night cable once and empathizing with Tom Hank's character befriending a beachball is about the closest he can really relate to Skye's tale of utter aloneness. He's mostly only experienced the 'alone in a crowd' or 'missing people who died or just bailed on me' type of loneliness.

Kaze smiles, "Cool. Anyway, that's 'Cake'. I like them a lot." He says. "Maybe I aspire to that kind of honesty." He confesses with another smile.

"Huh."I remember something about his mom trying to kill him, with snakes, and him strangling them like in his crib. Intense." Kaze says, nodding when Skye summarizes Herakles and totally doesn't sound like she's basing it on the Disney version.

He laughs and sketches a mock bow, "So, Milady, would it offend you if I called you, 'Princess'? Because I like that."

"Huh. I don't remember, 'Longshadow'; I remember 'Thunderbird' though." Kaze says, reminiscing about comic book heroes of native american ancestry.

"Okay, sure." Kaze says. He's not worried about Skye's safety walking home alone at night. "I drove in my truck. I know, right? I only live like a five minute drive away. Anyway, I can hang out a little longer while I clean up. I can't walk with you without leaving my truck though, so I'll take a raincheck on that, okay Skye?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Answering his nod with a smile, it was clear that he had his own thoughts in his mind but those were not things he seemed willing and ready to share and there was no reason to push it he needed his own time to find out what worked best for him and she did not mind the company and having a friend was good enough for her.

"So what is it that you like about them and when do you listen to them? What is it that draws you to them?" Taking a breath of relief "Puhh that was good I was a bit afraid it would come of as to judgmental and letdown but I do not like lying more than I have to. Then again the only true lie I have told you is the lie we both have told one another and that we both know were a lie." Shadow names were inherently a lie after all but almost every magus did use that lie especially with one another so it was pretty much an expected lie.

Looking a bit confused at him at first and then slowly seeming to get the grip.
    "Yeah that might have been the original tale but you know Disney is a lot happier go luckier and family friendly so when they made the movie they changed it a lot. I am no expert on Greek mythology but even I know that Zeus was famous for sleeping around left and right and umm well his wife got jealous and punished both his bastard children and the women he slept with in various ways and she did not like Hercules at all that was why he had to do his twelve labors thanks to things she did to him. I do not know the details though." No studies were not her forte but still she had some very shallow surface knowledge at least.

Shrugging a bit.
    "I wouldn't mind at all, I already call you SC since I liked that so it only seems fair to me. However that is not really how you make nor use a bow, the bow is a noble weapon. It is not as wise to learn anymore perhaps but it is still a fun thing and skills with it does feel earned in another sense from a gun or other things." She did have a overly strong fondness for her bow and even a slight hint of a bow was more than enough to get her to speak of archery. In addition the gun was just an advancement of the crossbow for her which already removed much of the time and skill needed to be good with it.

"Hmm perhaps you might remember him better as Apache Chief, I do not know if they are supposed to be the same one or not but their powers are identical so I assume that they just changed out the name to not get of as racially insensitive as they had in previous decades. That name does sound familiar though but I am not sure if I have heard it in the right context, perhaps they are both from different prints as they both would want some none white members as well for cultural diversity."

Her eyes getting large as she smiles a large smile towards him.
    "So will you give me a ride to your parking place or just somewhere where you wanna drop me of if that feels to close by and let me finally witness this famous truck of yours? It would be nice to finally see it and go for a short ride at least." She had been a bit curious about it for a while now.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, "Honestly, I don't really think about the 'why' when I like something. I mean, sure, reasons...Cake has a sound, the horns, the baseline...even the lead singer's sound, it's...different, and the lyrics are great, I love the lyrics." Kaze says as he throws away boxes and packaging from the donated canned food. "But...that's all stuff I noticed after I already knew I liked them. You know, when you just like something and then come up with the reasons why after the fact?"

He nods at Skye's relief that they aren't going to fight just because they disagree or have different tastes. It's nice being able to disagree without it being a big deal, and not having to deal with someone pushing you to change your mind to agree with them. That kind of pressure just makes it easier to lie than to tell the truth about...things...like...feelings.

Kaze listens to Skye's description of her knowledge of Greek mythology. "That's interesting, Skye. Where did you you learn about Greek mythology? The parts that aren't for kids, I mean?" Kaze asks, smiling. He had been beginning to think that everything she knew about pop culture was from when she was a kid watching cartoons like Scooby Doo.

He ponders his own interests as Skye talks about making things with her own hands, the satisfaction of it. He wonders if that's really his thing. He tried calligraphy, and learning a musical instrument, and so far that kind of artistic expression didn't really seem to keep his interest. He definitely liked physical expression, but dance didn't really grab him either. Kaze shrugs slightly. He'll just keep trying different stuff. At least he had found out since he quit the Arrows that he really did like martial arts practice for its own sake, not just as a duty.

Kaze smiles, "Nope. I never heard of a comic book character called that either." He says. "No worries, though. I know there's a ton of comics I never read or even heard of; I liked comics, but never really spent a lot of time just sitting around reading them." He doesn't comment on the whole racial sensitivity thing. In his own experience, that was kind of a weirdly unevenly applied sensitivity, at least, being Asian, it seemed like when people made an extra effort to be sensitive to one race, they seemed to compensate by being really insensitive to others. At least for his own sake, he preferred just not to bring up race at all when he could avoid it.

"Oh sure! It's just a truck I got cheap, used and a little banged up." Kaze says. "It was actually in some kind of roll over accident before I got it, but it's worked fine."

Okay, I'm ready to close this one if you are! I don't want to change scenes in a scene, so when they leave to go to his truck, I am planning to close this scene out.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Turning her head to the side and pondering it a bit.
    "True it is sometimes hard to really know why we like the stuff we do, why it resonates with us but in the end so can we often say something about what makes it nice for us. Perhaps it is not the full story but for example the feeling it created, the thing that made it feel drawing in or just if it is something enjoyed for a constant or situational thing. For example there are some really good bed time songs that are just amazing to listen to but you would not wanna hear a lullaby when you are running through the woods to get your heart rate up."

Looking him over a bit, trying to guess what went on inside that little head of his but just quickly shaking her own head she would never figure that out far all she knew he was completely different on the inside than what he externally showed instead starting to hum Zero to Hero.

Getting a bit caught of guard from his question.
    "Umm I did attend school and please a king of gods that can shape shift into any form he desires and sleeps around a lot the boys talked about it a lot. I still remember the stupid bull jokes that came with those pesky classes, teenage boys and penis fascination is really a massive thing that they really have no true understanding of." Sticking out her tongue in disgust as she remembers all the annoying comments and discussions she had both heard, overheard or comments aimed at both her and her friends alike.

Damn he really must have a rich internal life, wonder if that is a good thing or not? Was it from being unsure of so many things, was he pondering his own reactions and trying to think of how he acted or was he just deeply caught in various thoughts? Well it was still within his normal and it did not seem like he was in any form of mental agony or issue so there was no reason to truly react to it yet but still it might be good to keep tabs on his facial expressions whilst he got silent in the future to learn to read him a bit more.

Shrugging a bit.
    "I am no expert either but you know Supes and Bats were major and living in an area predominated by native Americans did make them discuss representation of it a bit more than just all the cau...kausic?" Umm what was the damn word now again ahh waving her hand a bit "ehh white ones sorry I tried to get the correct word but couldn't find it." She herself had long since stopped caring much about races and ethnicities having grown up in a weird sense of feeling as a minority whilst most people probably viewed her as a majority but then again that is the issue with having grown up as sheltered as she had been.

Running up to the car, running around it and looking it over carefully she was no expert on cars at all or well at least not their exteriors, brands and all that but she had worked on a couple under the hood growing up. Skipping around it a bit carefully taking it in before turning over towards him.
    "Hmm I honestly thought it would be either red or a matte black or blue or at the very least dark I did not expect it to be so white. So ride along, haven't been in a car in ages."

Standing by the passenger car ready to jump in and feel the sensation of riding in a car once more it had certainly been a while.

Ayy go ahead and close it either as it is or after a final post, thanks for the scene.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Standing by the passenger car ready to jump in and feel the sensation of riding in a car once more it had certainly been a while.

Kaze listens to Skye's thoughts on things, and her complaints about schoolboy humor. Sounds a little like jock culture which he had a lot of experience with.

He smiles and goes around to open the door for her to get in. "Be my guest." He says, smiling again.

Thanks for joining the scene and making it awesome!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread