Watch

Return to Mather Heritage Trail

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze eventually shifts his gait to match whenever Skye maintains a particular speed for a while. Her quick shifts and adjustments happen without a response from him unless she maintains a steady speed for at least a few minutes. He tends to maintain a steady speed regardless of the resistence, whether going uphill or down, for example.

"Oh, huh. I guess I grew up with cold rice on the side, like a salad or something." Kaze says, shrugging. "But the sticky, sweet kind, Japanese style." He explains, smiling as if at a fond memory. "Like mom used to make." He muses. "Do you have stuff like that, Skye? Favorite foods that remind you of good times or home?"

"I...honestly don't know." Kaze shrugs again. "I can look it up for you on my phone, after our run though." He offers when Skye asks about fishing. She gets the definite impression that Kaze is perfectly fine with getting all of his food from grocery stores or restaurants.

"Oh, I can hold still, it's just...yeah, it's funny, I guess. I can sit and read for hours without even noticing. It's harder to sit and watch for something that might not happen, like you do for hunting or fishing. I can do that too; I just don't enjoy it." He says thoughtfully. "That's been a duty thing."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

They were clearly very different in how they liked to move then again she tended to either focus on one thing very hard or keep moving around as much as possible he seemed to have a completely different kind of discipline and for him this was probably mostly about exercise whilst for her it was just a good way to keep in motion and let the day show what it had to offer her.

Looking at him a bit out of the loop "So Japanese rice is not the same as the standard rice we tend to eat over here? Good to know, sorry I am really not that good with foreign culture knowledge." Smiling as he mentions his mom, those were always special true she didn't have one but she had several women she had looked at like one growing up.
    Quickly nodding towards his question. "Of course I do it's stew, it might sound a bit odd but you know we often ate together all of us so we tended to often make one giant stew or big soup depending on what we had for the moment, sometimes we just made several fishes but no stew would be the warmest one as it was an experience to just sit there around the fire and watch all the ingredients being added, watch how the fire prepared it all and slowly feel how the aroma filled either the outside air or the house ahh those are some of my fondest memories."

"Ohh would you? Thank you kindly I would love that, it could be fun to go fishing a bit before summer ends and to make a fishing rod should not be all to hard all I really need is a piece of scrap metal for the hook unless I buy one but I do prefer stuff I have made myself they just have more life in them and they are a part of me if that makes sense?" She always did love making her own stuff that way they always felt like they worked in better harmony with her. "Do you like fishing? There are so many different ways to fish true the sitting still one exists but there are other ways to which keeps you more active" Always good to know. "I quite love fishing in heavy rain myself."

Rolling her eyes a bit.
    "Yeah I can't do that, I can read but my mind just doesn't like doing it for long and I get restless and in need to do something else rather quickly. Books and me are just not the best of allies, I prefer using my body in some way, even if it is to sit still and wait for a fish or trying to watch birds so is it a task that you need to do and can focus on but to follow those letters on a page is just so boring and unrewarding for me. I can lay still and let someone read to me though that is easier." Giggling a bit "I really wasn't a good student in school, true I didn't do many bad things but I did miss a lot of homework and I did not get top grades except for PE where the teacher at the town school I attended were sad that I was in school as little as I was due to our home schooling."

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, "I'm not really great at foreign culture knowledge either, honestly. It's just not foreign to me." He grins. "How about you, what culture is your 'native' culture, Skye?" He asks. "Seriously, what State do you think you spent the most time in, in your life?"

"Oh wow. Stew." Kaze says, stumped for moment, thinking of his own experience with stew and comparing it to the description Skye gives of it being a social thing, with people putting in natural stuff they hunted or gathered. Nope. Can't relate even a little bit. "Okay...so, what's your favorite spice?" He asks, curious.

Kaze shakes his head in wonder. "I have never fished, not once. Which is funny, I guess, because I feel like I've been around the ocean my whole life, and been surfing and swimming and on boats, but nope. Never fished." He says. "So, you seriously like it? Doesn't it mean, like holding still and not saying anything for hours?" He asks incredulously. "Or wait, are you talking about, like wading into a river and just grabbing the fish and throwing them on the river bank? That I might be up for..."

Kaze smiles, "Okay. If you want, I'm down with reading to you. What do you like to listen to? I mean, what kind of books, or what's your favorite book?" He asks.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hmm now that was a tough one.
    "Well I am most definitely an American of that there is no doubt, I did grow up in a ethnically mixed group even though native Americans were the major part of the group and the nearby town were mostly natives as well not purely but in majority at least. However to place a culture on it would be hard I am afraid it was to mixed to get a good grip and town trips were one thing but mostly a lot of the people around were close to what you might call hippies or naturalists. I am sorry if that is not the best of answers I just do not know how to give a better answer I am afraid at least not without direct questions I hope that is all right?" Not that she had much to compare with though.

Nodding along as she makes a cartwheel, spinning around a bit before getting back to jogging.
    "Yes stew it's a wonderful thing and it's so nice in the winter when you sit inside, seeing ingredient after ingredient being added whilst someone tells a story to the group whilst waiting for dinner to be ready and you can slowly feel how the air gets filled with this pleasant aroma ahh it's wonderful." Shining up a bit at the mention of spices "That was easy black pepper is a good basic but cayenne pepper and red savina are damn good ones, how about you how do you prefer your food? Can you handle the spicy stuff?"

Laughing a bit at the mention of fishing like that.
    "Now I do admit that kind of fishing can be quite fun as well even though it's really, really hard but no I meant just ordinary sit still and wait for the fish to take the bait fishing." Calming down her laughter "Yes I like it, true I prefer to be in movement but fishing is another way to get in sync with nature, you sit still for a purpose you have a goal and is fighting for the right to eat. It's the same as hunting find the best spot and wait for your prey to appear as long as the stillness has a purpose so is it quite nice. Moving is always fun true but mastering to be able to still and contemplate your mind is a quintessential skill as well and fishing really takes that skill into practice."

Damn his questions were hard.
    "No idea, I like native American folk tales or stories but overall I just want some depth and meaning in the story not just another book talking of some silly romance tale between lovers that shouldn't be or similar like that but rather a story with some kind of sens morale to it or a depth that can make you think of the true meaning afterwards or who was the bad guy? Robin Hood is naturally of interest but I wouldn't call it a favorite truth be told so am I to bad with books to have a favorite I am better with stories. What is your favorite book and preferred genre?"

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze feels a burst of curiosity when Skye talks about her growing up. He notices she doesn't mention a specific state or even tribe, but stifles his impulse to press her for specifics. It sounds like she grew up in more of a commune, with people who were more interested in creating their own community culture and passing it on to their kids than in teaching their kids about their ancestry or the society around them in the outside world. He actually reminds her, ironically, of an Amish girl he knew once.

Kaze smiles at the thought. "Sure, hey no problem." He says, "I want to know about what's important to you, not to me. I grew up in Los Angeles, where practically everyone kinda keeps track of everything about their heritage and culture and everything. It's a big deal to be proud of where your from if you grow up in L.A." He winks and laughs. "Even if almost everyone there is from somewhere else."

"Oh, my favorite is Curry. I'm obligated to say that from ethnic and family pride." Kaze laughs, "But yeah, I actually like Cayenne a lot."

Kaze nods in agreement as Skye talks about the importance of clearing your mind and waiting. "Yeah. I can see that." He says.

Kaze pauses. "I read mostly to learn things." He says. "I watch movies and TV shows for fun, I guess. My favorite book changes, probably whatever I'm reading. Right now, my favorite book is about birds; it's called, 'The Thing with Feathers'."

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Playing around, as she learns his tempo, speed and behaviour of the trail so does she take more and more liberties to play around with new tricks and moves to have her own little fun for the trip. Partially to make it more fun and partially to just filter some of the thoughts in her mind, some of his questions bringing up memories she does try to keep at bay.

"Well for me that would be hard, as said we were very mixed and some people came and others went. We liked to live together and didn't shun away people. Me being a rescue child they found means that I know nothing of my biological ancestry or anything like that so I kinda had to take what I grew up in which were native american from the town and a bit of mixture otherwise so for me it honestly doesn't matter at all. I have no true origin nor does it matter to me you know, do what feels right, live life, be happy and be a good person isn't that enough?" Maybe a bit deflective but she didn't really know what to say here.

"Hmm well curry can be spicy so yeah that's good, spicy food and spicy herbs are always the best, the spicier the better. Ahh I just love spicy food. So do you have any family curry recipe that is secret for outsiders and have been passed down in your family for untold generations? And if you do I wanna try it!" She understood that he would have to keep the recipe a secret but she still wanted to eat it.

"See fishing can be a good training exercise." True she also just liked to relax under the shade of some tree and relax a bit sometimes as well or lie with a big hat on her head in a boat and take it easy sometimes to but that was not things that he needed to know yet.

Listening for a couple of seconds and trying to really focus.
    "Yeah we're very different when it comes to such things. TV is for fun animated things and books gahh how could a book about birds be interesting? If you wan't birds so are they everywhere just get out and see them." Shaking her head a bit "I know that there is other things in the book me and books just aren't great allies and they tend to give me a headache."

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods, "Yeah. I get that. 'Hakuna Matata,' right?" He says with a smile as they run and Skye deflects or just admits that she doesn't actually know the answers to questions about her origins. Either way, he makes a mental note to drop the subject.

He laughs when she says that she wants to taste his family recipe. "Yeah, see the problem with that is I don't know the recipe for what my mom used to make, and I don't really cook." Kaze says. "That's why I miss it I guess. There's some good places in Sacramento that make curry rice pretty close though. So that's a possibility."

He doesn't respond to Skye's renewed pitch for fishing, just smiling.

"Well, sounds like we agree on TV for fun, even if we have a different relationship with books!" Kaze says. "So, Skye, what's the biggest city or town that you remember before moving to Sacramento?"

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lightly laughing a bit as she jumps and spins a bit.
    "Something like that, life's to short to really worry about stuff just live life and be happy with who you are. Have fun and enjoy the moment and take in all that life has to offer or something like that."

Looking a bit saddened, hoping she hadn't brought up something bad here.
    "Ohh that's to bad, it's always sad when things fall away to be forgotten. You simply have to learn how to cook and recreate it or make your own to pass to your children one day." Shaking her head a bit "Nahh it's not as important to try something close for me at least, sure if you wanna eat it I am not opposed to accompany you but still it is not as special as a family recipe to go to a restaurant."

Hmm seems like fishing was not his thing ohh well she was one with nature in a far different aspect than him so that wasn't that unexpected.

"Yeah TV is fun and relaxing but it is best at night when you're just a little bit sore from the day and the body is tired but the mind is still wide awake, then feeling how you grow tired as you watch until you gently need to struggle to remain awake ahh that is the best. Sorry yeah books are not my allies not at all." Ignoring his shift in tone there "Hmm good question, I have been to Anchorage that was a pretty big place and I have passed some cities but I never really looked which one was the biggest so lets go with Anchorage that one I knew was big."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens to Skye as she shares her thoughts about things and urges him to learn to cook. He doesn't say anything to disagree, but he doesn't look convinced either.

His eyes light up when she talks about Anchorage. "That's great! I have always wanted to go vist there; I don't know why, it just sounds like an interesting place! Can you tell me about it?" Kaze asks.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her eyes walking around a bit, not wanting to push him on the matter she wasn't the best at empathy anymore but if someone were silent so did it probably mean to not push things. Instead turning around and running backwards a couple of yards waiting for a proper handle to grab and fling herself over whilst using the momentum to turn her body back forwards.

Looking a bit confused about his question.
    "Umm what do you wanna know? For me it was mostly just a large metropol of people whom seemed to confine themselves to tiny worlds of the digital and not helping one another or living in synch, the whole place felt out of comfort for me. True the town near where I grew up had signs of that as well but still it was a small town mainly populated by native Americans so they did have more of a closeness than the big cities and most people either knew one another or knew whose kid that and that was and knew someone in the family and so on if you know what I mean. So large areas of people whom all seem so distant from one another have always felt odd to me. If you ask any questions so can I perhaps tell you more about it though, it is always easier if you have something to go by."

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread