Watch

Return to Mather Heritage Trail

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Mather Heritage Trail

In the early morning, at sunrise (5:50 AM), Kaze runs on the trail, converted by the city from an old railway, through the heart of Rancho Cordova. It's a short run, just under a mile and a half, but its beautiful, and he doesn't mind running it back and forth to get his mileage as he works on his Stamina and enjoys the locale from another perspective. It's been over a year since he first tried out this trail, and it is still one of his favorites, even if all the people he used to run with either aren't around, or aren't likely to want to hang out with him anymore.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

(Expanding body mastery to last one day.)Mana 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Spells

Body mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

Not being a stranger to waking up early herself nor to use nature as her gym when the weather allowed it so was it nice to see more of the area she now called her home.
    Albeit true to herself so had she gone in odd directions and did not really get into the trail where it started but her various new MMA outfits did work perfectly to train both at the circle with as well as run in during the summer heat.

True she hadn't been to this place to run before usually her running were done in the few areas that had a bit more woodland and where she was sure to encounter as few people as possible or just wherever she decided that she wanted to go for that day now with Kaze out again though so was it worth to test this new trail to have someone to run around a bit with.

Spotting the elusive one and running up next to him.
    "So how many times do you take this? Four? Five or maybe even nine run throughs?" Jumping around a bit to get her blood up and pumping for the run her trusty waterskin like always at her side knowing full well that hydration was ever so important.
    "I have nothing planned for the day so I can go as long as you can or perhaps your stamina will eventually wear mine down who knows, anyway I am ready to earn myself a nice breakfeast where I have no need to think of what I eat." Not that she ever did with her active lifestyle so was it easy to keep in shape.

"So anything I need to know about this odd place?"

failure

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hi, Skye!" Kaze says in a cheerful greeting, obviously enjoying the rhyming sounds!

"Close! I usually do four times back and forth, so eight one way runs; it's about ten miles that way." He says contentedly. "I'm working on building up Stamina." He explains.

Kaze laughs at Skye's declaration of an unhindered breakfast! "So what do you normally eat? And what do you have when you 'cheat' like today?" Ha asks, still laughing.

He chuckles again when Skye refers to the trail as an odd place. Who can guess what her frame of reference is for what is odd or not?

"It was a train track. The city converted it into a trail, so it's raised up in places, and goes through parts of the city and crosses the highway, which is pretty cool." He answers. "Hey, Skye is this really an odd seeming place to you? I figured you have to have been in a lot odder places than this, right?" He half teases, half asks seriously about her experiences.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hiya SC ready to get this going then I have been looking forward to get to run with you, I may not be the fastest but I have energy to spare that I promise and I have my waterskin with me that is the most essential thing here espescially if we cannot stop to rehydrate anywhere along this odd track."

Thinking for a second.
    "Hmm yeah ten miles that doesn't sound to hard in what time do you wanna run it? One hour might be a bit and not really a job oh well you set the speed I skip around for the sights does that sound like a deal, ahh it's gonna be so nice to just run with someone else."

Freezing up
    "Umm honestly I tend to eat what I have which means that ever since coming here so have I eaten whatever is at my job with Phoenyx and a couple of birds I shot down and made stew of but its summer so finding fruit is easy and yeah my money is not really high enough to really cheat cheat if I can get some contacts in and get some orders for some wooden material to make and sell so do I bet that I could earn decent money but for now I am just teaching a kid some gymnastics to pay of my debt and get my bow back, hopefully just one more month and then I can hug it again." She really missed it.

Nodding along to his explanation.
    "Yeah odd track." Loosening up a bit getting ready to really do it, waiting for him to truly set the speed they were both in shape right they could talk whilst jogging.
    "Well no this is the weirdest for me, I mean I have jogged north of Alaska, through snowstorms, through large forests with a blindfold on, in mountaint areas and so forth but you know for me that is normal and this is weird. I know that I am the one who skipped a lot and went to odd places quickly but for me so are they just my norm you know and these normal things are odd."

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and nods thoughtfully, not the fastest, but staying power, huh? Interesting. Ten miles isn't too intimidating to her either. Of course she did kind of say that she'd been all over, on foot. She probably could keep going for days without a lot of rest, if she practiced, and probably not much of that on a smooth running trail either!

He smiles again, taking in her freeze at the talk of food. Poor kid, it sounds like her limits are pretty much just lack of money and just not really knowing much about the city, or really civilization. He had no doubt that in the wilderness, she'd be the one who knew all about what food was available and how to get it.

"Hey, Skye. If you're not on a diet or anything, how would you like to go out for some ice cream after we run? I should take my promise seriously about showing you the city!" He says. "And you know what? Have you ever had 'bubble tea'? There's a place that I've heard does some really amazing things with it!"

"Wow, Alaska. I guess you didn't have any problem with the cold or bears or anything, huh?" Kaze asks, obviously impressed! "I'm more into sunshine and beaches myself." He says, chuckling. "I miss running on the beach almost as much as surfing!"

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Running on whilst talking doing her best to try and match his tempo, her legs being shorter than his meaning that she needed to take more quicker steps than him but she was used to such things and a normal jog was no issue for her to keep up nor to talk at the same time.
    Occasionally increasing her speed to add in some random cartwheel or to jump and spin in the air normal jogging being to stiff on the body it was more fun to add in other maneuvers as well.

Shaking her head with a giggle.
    "Nope never had much need of such things, I move more than enough to keep my body in shape at all times so I can eat pretty much whatever I want I think, never really tried to overeat on sweets and other stuff though. So if you wanna treat me to some ice cream so will I not say no, just not rum raisin thats not to my liking."
    Raising her eyes for a second, turning around and running backwards whilst looking up at him.
    "Bubble tea? Like tea that constantly bubbles or is it bubblegum flavored?" Nope she had never heard of this odd concoction before then again people were always coming up with new weird things.

"Nope no issues there, just make a good shelter and some firewood and you're fine. Bears are tricky though, it takes quite a bit to hunt them down but their meat is hard to eat and needs a lot of work before being digested so generally I tried to keep to my turf and leave them to their turf it was quite an experience to fell my first one though even if I had to sit and wait for nearly an hour then again most people aren't stupid enough to hunt bears with a bow and arrow nowadays." Thinking back on the memory for a couple of seconds before remembering how damn much work it had been to gather up the meat afterwards to honor it. "Ohh yeah that is fun it does give a certain extra resistance but the damn sand can get so infernally hot, if you're already at the beach I prefer swimming or playing some volleyball."

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens to Skye's answers and general conversation and runs smoothly without much apparent effort, never pulling much any distance ahead of Skye whether she is running hard or at a more relaxed pace.

"Well, the best part of the city, for some people anyway, is the food! Huh, if you mostly lived on what you hunted yourself, does that mean you haven't had pizza? Like, deep dish pizza or thin crust or stuffed crust?" Kaze asks, laughing at the variety of options in civilization! "Or wow, how about just seasoning? Have you had curry or cayenne pepper? Do you have a favorite food, Skye?" Kaze asks, interested.

"Yeah, the best time is either really early before the sun is all the way up or later just before it goes down, when you can still see, but it's cool and the running keeps you warm." Kaze says in a fond tone, like he's reminiscing about good times.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Finding and settling in the tempo with him, trying to see how he shifts his tempo at various points making mental notes to see if he will do the same on the next lap or not constantly just etching things into memory.

Laughing at his words, did she really seem that out of sync with things?
    "I do admit that I haven't had pizza or stuff like that for quite some time but I did attend school and I did go into town on a weekly basis growing up so of course I have had pizza and we did buy seasonings so of course I am used to them as well. I did pick some up during my travels as well but yes I have eaten plenty of food without it due to lack of it and have gone months without them more than once and lately I have been limited to my own means of getting food or whatever I can find in the pantry then again I have nothing against using my communions with nature help get me food it's I am quite bored of the taste but hey it does keep me feed and healthy at least. So what's your favorite food? Personally I prefer meat any kind really, now there are some good fish's as well but not Sushi that is not my favorite amongst the fish."

Shrugging her shoulder a bit.
    "If you say so, I tend to run or stalk or hunt or just walk whenever the mood strikes me. Some hours are more comfortable sure but if you just know where your going so is it always possible to find rather nice endeavors and things to see and do. Nature is a majestic never ending performance, every bird and every plant playing their own parts you just need to be open to see the world and take it in. I should really look into a pair of proper binoculars and do some bird watching before winter strikes."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze unconsciously adjusts his running tempo to match Skye's.

"Oh! Okay. Well no sushi then, even though there are a lot of different kinds, not just raw fish; that's sashimi actually." Kaze explains. "So no dietary restrictions or things you want to avoid except sushi? Cool, let's have some fun then, I can take you to lunch every Friday at a different place, and see if any place is a favorite for you." He smiles. "Does that sound like fun?" He asks.

"Huh. Bird watching sounds...well, I can hold still for a long time when I have to, like on a stake out, but I don't do it for the fun of it." Kaze says. "I don't think I would enjoy bird watching, or maybe even hunting. I could learn tracking though. At least there's something to do and moving while you do it." He laughs.

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shifting her own tempo up and down a bit, seeing if he will try to adjust to her, say something or just hope that she will wait for him to catch up. Making sure to try and give her best and highest speeds when the road was uphill finding more pleasure in that kind of battle than just keeping a constant speed then again it was better to change things up overall.

"I know I just do not like cold rice with cold fish or various things, true food can be good when cold but the cold rice is not for me and then with cold fish as well that just feels wrong. That is not the fish or dish for me, I rather just grill a fish over fire and add some salt to it." Thinking for a second "Nope not really I have no allergies that I know of and I have no need to watch my figure as my constant moving around can handle any food, I mean I do not wanna over indulge on sweet stuff but thats kinda it and I do prefer spicy stuff the spicier the better. Mmhhh I can still remember the taste of the vindaloo that was good and I prefer cold milk with food." Shining up at his words of food and eagerly nodding "That sounds delicious and fun and hmm I should probably look into getting a fishing rod again, is there any place around here where you can fish without needing to pay for it?"

Laughing a bit.
    "Well it's not for everyone, I just like nature overall and watching the birds in their natural movement and habitat can be quite relaxing and fun besides finding a good spot in a tree somewhere and just relaxing can be quite nice as well. Same goes with hunting for me it's man vs nature and it's living of and with the land, fending for oneself each step of it is just it's own and that is fun naturally tracking is a part of hunting but sure you can track without it. I am no master tracker myself but I can track well enough at least and does know far more than the basics. So not standing still heh to much energy in them bones?" Doing a cartwheel as she finishes her sentence and then keeps running on.

17. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread