Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Some weeks after the plum Consilium, and the Path meeting she baled on, Briar Rose finds herself in a dive.

Boots. On. Hair loose. Finger combed. Jacket, on. Jeans, skinny. Eyes. Smokey.

Stale beer, and smoke clod her sinuses when she steps through the door. Eyes sting as she peers through the gloom. She can feel her boots stick to the floor as she lifts and steps. Eventually she makes it the the bar. A dirty towel is by an ashtray, one of the bartenders wipes down the bar top. It doesn't help.

She sets herself on a stool, and orders whatever's on tap.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Ruach liked this post

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sometimes Tyche liked to take herself on walks without a real destination in mind. One could call it a Fate thing and maybe they were right after a fashion, but Tyche didn't wax that far in regards to the habit. It was just cool to see where your feet took you now and again.

Still, walking was thirsty work, so the appearance of the dive bar was more than welcome. And dipping in bore its own welcome surprise, if the pink cascade at the bar was any indication.

Meandering over, Tyche would slip into a chair beside her cabal-mate. Settling in for a minute as she ordered her own draft, she'd give the Rose all the time she needed to adjust to her arrival. Lest she get the Thorns.

4. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Briar Rose takes a long gulp. Needing it more then air. At least until she needs air.

Huffing out a cough as she breathes through her teeth, she tenses as someone sits next to her. Only loosening when she sees a familiar head of hair, and that fucking Acanthus smile.

She looks over at her cabal-mate. Suspicious. Had she followed her? Was she waving around a giant red flag that VT needed to send a Guardian to trail her steps? "Penny." she grunts out after too long a moment. Deciding she was going to be pleasant, she continues. "The fuck you doing here?"

That was pleasant.

Ish.

Fuckit whatever.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Getting her pale ale, Tyche takes a generous drink.

"Fuck that's good,"
    she muttered as she brought the glass back to the worn bar top. It was meh, but, hey, it was cold and outside it had been hot.

"Do they sell food here?"
    she asks, mostly to herself while she glances for a menu.

Then came Briar's usual bristly words.

"Hey to you too,"
    she said, her usual looseness dominating her general tone and movements. If she was here on business, she wasn't playing the part of rigid Guardian watcher all too well, but then that never was her style. Still it wasn't business. This was happenstance. Unless, y'know, Fate had other ideas.

"I don't know?"
    Penny answered, "Sometime I just get an itch, y'know? Wanna see where my feet take me. Though, to be fair, I drove most the time. Then I got bored of that."

8. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

"Wings and burgers an' shit. Though you shouldn't trust it. Unless you've picked up a few tricks from my Book." saying that, she does flag down the bartender and orders herself something greasy. If she really wanted, she could eat literal garbage, and this shit food might not be a step up from that.

"Fuckin' whatever, hello - yeah with the onion rings - " she adds before her ticket can be put through.

Staring at Tyche, Briar Rose cracks a smile, then a laugh, "Thistles. Fuck." is mostly under her breath. "I know somethin' of that. You're Subtle. I'm mean. Helps. But it don't. Click right. Y'know deep down. All down in the depth of the soul. Not like, y'know. My shit." she shakes her head. Raking her fingers through her hair again, and if she pulls out a few pink strands, they're balled up with neat efficient movements, and slipped into an inner pocket.

Can't ever be to careful.

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Eh, what's life without a little risk?" she quipped before ordering a side of fries.

Then Briar smiles. Which is, actually, pretty nice. She likes that little slice of the Shaman.

"We all got our own shit,"
    Tyche offers. Which was true. With Avis rounding things out, Tyche was pretty sure the cabal had the paths covered, "Up to us to think about the clicks, I think. No one clicks in time because we all got our own clocks. You gotta roll with the flow, not adjust it."

Then a pause.

"So, what about you?"
    she asks, "What brought you down this way?"

The balled hair is eyed, but Tyche lets the Thrysus do her thing. She was super careful per the usual.

More like a Guardian than you think.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Briar Rose snots, sputtering her beer as the Guardian quips. From context, it's about the shit food, but. Fuck. Guardian.

Snagging a napkin, she mops up her face, and the scummy bartop.

"True enough. But fuck. Fuckin' weird, yeah?" she shakes her head, wanted to learn and grow and be - and yet...she sighs. "Unless you got a stop watch. Or, y'know rewind the watch." she looks over to the Acanthus, with a fleeting twinkle in her eye, before it disappears and she's shrugging, tearing the napkin into teeny tiny pieces.

"Needed to get out. Been all up on my head and fuck. Had a Book meeting barbecue with Aurora and Doc Onion et all. Didn't. Go. Well." she shakes her head again.

What brings you 'round's on the tip of her tongue, a conversation by route but it lodges in her throat. She'd already asked. She'd already gotten an answer.

She sighs out, "Fuck."

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

+1
    SL
    PRE

Briar's sputtering draws a genuine smile on the Acanthus' face, even as she orders chicken tenders and fries. The ol' standby. Harder to fuck it up than do it right.

Then a shrug as Briar discusses the weirdness of the situation.

"True, but feels like we got a lot of Books sorted," she said. Having a cabal member per path did help them in the long run, "That's an advantage I'd say. For all of us."

A mischeivous smirk comes at the talk of Time. Briar Rose was covering her questions well, all while probing Tyche for her capabilities. It was subtle. Many would feel it out of character for the Shaman, but Tyche has had enough conversations to know its the opposite. Sure this Thrysus burned hot and flipped emotions like a switch sometimes... but she understood the need for the Precepts.

"I suppose that would make things easy, right?"
    she mused as the stopping and rewinding of time is mentioned, "I guess we'll just has to see what fate has planned."

As her cabal-mate mentions her recent troubles, Tyche slowly nods.

"I'd guess not, she seems pretty on the level most of the time, but the Doc is... well, the Doc,"
    she said, "Is it something a little beer and a little chat between friends can solve or did they stoke your fire deep?"

Because you're important.

The last thought isn't said. Briar Rose has already proven to double down on her usual aggression when others attempt to show a deeper interest into her well being. So Tyche wouldn't do that. If she had to go the long route to show Briar Rose the worth the cabal felt she had then so be it. It was better than leaving the Thrysus' state of being to crumble. Nonetheless, the Acanthus does have a glint of concern for the Shaman upon her face and she's no longer letting her gaze wander the bar. It rests on Briar Rose alone.

14. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

There's a few beats as the smoke swirls around, as the patrons mutterings fill the space, and the jukebox bellows out something that rhymes, has a beat and an obvious tempo, but fuck if Briar Rose could name it.

"I dunno if we're even talkin' 'bout the same Books. But yeah sure. Books, uh, ducks all in a row. Things seem all good. But fuck. The shoe's gonna drop. I know it, you know it. Everybody fuckin' knows it." she takes another long gulp of her pint, "Is this where we decide to make the best of the time we have?" a snort, "Nah, you and yours'll plan shit, use this - " her fingers wave between them, a smile, first forces, perhaps mocking, but it morphs to match something closer to Tyche's. "For as long as we need, to make sure we're ready for the shoe ya?"

Her lip curls. Eyes roll. She scratches her face in an angry swipe.

"Didn't fuckin' - Copy+paste kept going on about my hair and her hair and how we're 'hairbesties'. Or whatever, and that we should to a sameies hair dye, fuckin'." she growls out. Huffing air our of her nostrils. "Doc was all peace and love. And oh no no no" B-Ro wags her finger, clicking her tongue, "Absolutely no negative emotions in my garden." she stops her hand, but the mocking tone doesn't leave as she fails at impersonating the good doctor, "You never know what you'll attract. Bitch please. So. That was a blatant gtfo. So. I got the fuck out." More beer. "Fuckin' the stoner ruined my storm off, but fuck. Whatever - OI yeah! Over here, another one - They're just so." She looks at Tyche, eyes flittering around, even as she grits her teeth. "Fuck." she sags, deflated. She shakes her head. "The fuck you've been up to?"

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche relaxes in her chair, taking another drink as Briar relays her concerns.

"We'll be ready,"
    Tyche said, her tone nonchalant, her face bereft of worry.

Eyebrows raise as Briar Rose shows an understanding about why she was the way she was. Tyche's more approachable demeanor was about more than making nice. Sizing people up and getting a feel for what made them tick was a lot easier when they liked you.

Thus, Rose gets a smirk for her efforts and a nod.

"Yup,"
    she affirmed, "Like I said, we'll be ready. The question is will the rest? The Board is kind of fucked right now, makes figuring out how everyone is going along a little difficult. I'm not worried about us, but them?"

Who the fuck knows?

The Veiled Threats was primed to weather the storms to come, whatever they might be. They boasted a master of Space in Avis, an accomplished Magus that had proved himself in Duels and action in Star, a noteworthy Shaman in B-Ro, and a well-respected scholar in Campanella. Tyche herself was more subtle in her actions, but she wasn't helpless either. The Acanthus was not worried about her cabal-mates should the need to act come around nor did she have any concerns about the cabals ability to safeguard their territory. The rest though? They seemed to be solitary and Tyche saw many who didn't seem to have strong alliances. To the Guardian in her brain, that was the main problem.

"Came to copy+paste's defense, huh? Might be looking for a little R+R you think?"
    Tyche said, half-joking and half curious. If the pair attempted to be intimate and achieved such a state, that would provide leverage. And leverage was everything, "Don't blame you though. The new kid seems... okay?"

Then a shrug.

"Been looking at ways to make home a little better, that sort of thing,"
    she said, "I'm not exactly a 'go out and do the things' type, y'know? Not everyone can be, otherwise there wouldn't be anyone to hold things down. So I'm focusing on that."

Was it a roundabout way to saying what she really wanted to? Yes. Did it work? Data insufficient.

Another drink.

"Other than that? Living life. Thinking about growing a few plants. Talking to you,"
    she says, "Life's suiting me just fine for the moment."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread