(Broken Cycle) Dream Team

May 25, 2020 : (Broken Cycle) Spreading the Word
(Broken Cycle) Nightmare Chain
Aug 19, 2020 - Sep 23, 2020
(Broken Cycle) Debrief
Oct 1, 2020 - Nov 4, 2020
(Broken Cycle) Poisoned Well
Jan 20, 2021 - Mar 3, 2021
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He shot to his feet and scrambled around, tossing the place if he had to. He’d feel bad for making a mess but he had asked first and this was important. Paper and pen weren’t that hard to find in the Occultist’s hollow at least. His hand scribbling furiously to capture every detail he saw just as he saw it, before it faded, before memory could corrupt it. That process had already started, his perceptions altering the vision but now, now was when it would be closest to the truth.

He tilted his head. “I don’t think The Hunstman was always The Huntsman. It had loved. It had known peace. Then that love was taken, slaughtered, right in front of it. Then the hunt began. You would hunt until the end of the world to avenge your love. Then what? Nothing can fill that hole, nothing. So you did what you did then, you hunt, you take, not realizing you’ve become the very monster you sought to conquer. Ironic really. That’s it…owwwww.” He said as he brought his hand up to his head as the spike of a headache shot between his temples, electricity flowing through his head as the flood of information was not without cost. Nothing ever came for free.

“She wasn’t with me in the dream. Want me to get you a cup of water? Or you could lift her and drop her, I saw that in a movie before. They said the falling sensation will wake you up, worth a shot.” Fingers pushing into his temples massaging them as he took long slow breaths trying to push the headache back.

Goes by the name: John

2. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

Continued from (Broken Cycle) Nightmare Chain...

As the Darkling speaks, and the Dread Lord listens, something other then the two of them cause the Succubus to finally, wake.
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Sep 23rd, 2020 at 11:21 AM.

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    (Perfect grace and klutziness)
    Mantle (spring)
    (Fresh scent of roses, vanilla and cinnamon.)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.
    Long well managed hair, agile and dextrous but also slightly klutzy.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

Hedgespun AnkleBracelet (●)
    + 1 Defense
    Mask: Sturdy glistering silver chain with a pagan knot emblem on it.
    Mien: As if woven by the wind itself.

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mask: Choker.
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Small shield: +1 defense, +2 during dodge.
    Lockpicks: +3
    Mirror
    Smartphone - oneplus 7 256gb
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    A combined personal attack alarm/watch/flashlight - waterproof 160 decibel
    Pepper Spray
    Stun Gun (compact blue streetwise)
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Health: 7
    Defense:
    Base: 2,
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2
    Total standard: 4/5
    Contract: 6/7
    Dodge: +2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Succubus / Incubus Romancer

Flying up from her pillow just barely avoiding anyone and anything close to her, eyes wide open as she breathes heavily, hands placed upon her chest to gather herself. Sweat glistening upon her face and body as she slowly tries to collect herself, eyes looking all around her trying to figure out where she is, trying to sense the dream around her, to alter it.

Taking a couple of moments before fully grasping that she's awake this was not just another nightmare, her eyes looking towards the two puhh at least they seemed to be alive. Slowly standing up, looking beat and vary from her experiences as she speaks in a low voice her hands not signing.
    "Only bad news for me I'm afraid, please tell me you had more luck than me?"

Her eyes looking down in shame, not only had she not managed to follow them but her attempt to at least cut of a dream from the poison had failed as well true she had left a minor boon for the person but that was a sliver at best.
    Succubus/Romancer Base mien

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes watches the Darkling move, frowning. He didn't care about the past of the Gentry. So far as he could see, no event was worth what their keepers became, what they did to us... to me...

Nothing? Not even her, little flower? To what end, to what desolation, would you reap upon the world if someone dared take your treasure away?

The MAntle flared at the thought. Should someone take Sera, he would burn everything in his way. He knew he would. It was his greatest fear, greater than what he would become in vengence.

John was still talking. Rhodes tried to tune back in, his face back to a mask. If he thought for a moment the Drread Lord would lift even Yamiyo's diminuitive form, he was grossly overestimating the Autumn King's strength. Fortunately, she arose.

Looking around, he sighed heavily. "We certainly found him, and lured him for a time. The others are in the Spirng Hollow.... except for Circe. She went back in. The job wasn't done. They.... don;t know where she is."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

6. Likes liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

James looked at what he wrote and then moved on to rough sketches. REAL rough sketches of the unicorn or stag or he wasn’t sure so he’d draw bad recreations of it but at least seeing it would help trigger the memories for his mind. If no one else wanted to be armed, he’d at least be. With that he sighed, starting to fold the paper and slip it into his pocket.

“I kept it distracted awhile after Rhodes exited the dream. I did what I do best, I uh, made it mad. So hopefully Circe is on her way out cause I don’t think any of us are in shape for a rescue mission. What’s the plan now?”

He didn’t say what he’d been thinking, that if they weren’t going to take immediate action he was going to go hide. He wanted to be able to hunker down for the night and TRY to sleep and suggesting anything was likely going to take the option off the table.

0 Scenes

If Y'all want to have a few more posts, go for it, if y'all want to wrap now, that's fine too. I'll get this closed soonish either way, and we can go into a debrief

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    (Perfect grace and klutziness)
    Mantle (spring)
    (Fresh scent of roses, vanilla and cinnamon.)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.
    Long well managed hair, agile and dextrous but also slightly klutzy.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

Hedgespun AnkleBracelet (●)
    + 1 Defense
    Mask: Sturdy glistering silver chain with a pagan knot emblem on it.
    Mien: As if woven by the wind itself.

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mask: Choker.
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Small shield: +1 defense, +2 during dodge.
    Lockpicks: +3
    Mirror
    Smartphone - oneplus 7 256gb
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    A combined personal attack alarm/watch/flashlight - waterproof 160 decibel
    Pepper Spray
    Stun Gun (compact blue streetwise)
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Health: 7
    Defense:
    Base: 2,
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2
    Total standard: 4/5
    Contract: 6/7
    Dodge: +2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Succubus / Incubus Romancer

Taking a couple of deep breaths.
    "One thing is for sure though, if we ever attempt something like this again so would it be far better to have a thorough plan in motion. I also encountered some things that raised a few questions that I would love to discuss with you when we are all in better shape dear Dread Lord." Looking towards the autumn monarch. "I am far from a master of the dream world but I found echoes, upon echoes of echoes of dream poison again and again so the spread seems to be far to large to feel safe."

"Well if there is one person amongst us whom can take care of herself so is it her at least but you're right Mr.Enchanting eyes I do not think any of us is in peak condition right now still if it becomes a necessity so can we not always expect to be in our prime when one of our own are threatened."

Looking towards the Dread Lord.
    "Is there anything to drink around here? Water preferably."
    Succubus/Romancer Base mien

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

He made it mad? Well, whatever else he did, that was believable.

Rhodes listens to Yamiyo's accound distractedly. What was she hiding? Where did she go? Did she spread the poison herself? How would he know? The Dread Lord waved a hand absently towards the door. "Not in the Hollow. Back in Edna's proper. Kitchen."

He sighs, looking suddenly very old. The fight had tired him far more than he realised. "We've done what we said we would. I will head for the Spring Tavern, and check with the others. At this point, do largely what you will; however, stay out of the hedge at all costs, and avoid dreeaming if you can. If you have someone you are willing to have watch over your dreams, I recommend that as well."

The Flowering starts heading for the Hollow's door back into Edna's.

I think we're about done?

Rhodes has little more, and makes to exit unless stopped.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

11. Likes , Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

“I would like to see if everyone is well so I’ll accompany you if you don’t mind.” A small shrug given, he was going to check one way or the other it’s whether he was going to go in the front or skulk and lurk. Though as Rhodes told them to avoid the dreaming, well, he didn’t know if he could follow that advice. He wasn’t sure if it was something that could be avoided on top of his now wandering mind. Hand slowly touching his pocket to make sure he still had his notes.

I understand it’s sorrow now, it’s loss. Can you heal or harm with it now, that’s the question. Will you have the opportunity to? Are you getting too close to the fires of hell that you’re feeling sympathy for the devil?

I don’t know.

Seems like a good place to wrap to me.

13. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

Slowly the Lost exit the Hollow on the heels of the Autumn King. His Mantle whipping around him forcing the leaves of his Mantle and those on the grown to dance upon the tumultuous waves of Fear laden wind.

The Dreams had shattered around them, spearing them with it's splinters. Two had faced off with a Keeper, another with the Poison he'd left behind, but they all held unseen ills. Wounding them underneath their fragile flesh.

It would take time to heal those unseen wounds, and with what they know now, would they ever find safety within the dreaming realm again?

End Scene!

15. Likes Xadun, Shane liked this post
Page 11 of 11 First ... 7 8 9 10 11
Closed Thread