Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Criminal Intent: Barren Pickings

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The Barrens are not ideal hot spots or easy places to meet meals. Most Kindred avoid the area in favor of being closer to the Well, the ebb and flow of humanity that fuels your undeath. Those who are out here tend to be the desperate, those looking to avoid the Domain's officials. One Banished Kindred, Horatio Quilz , is speaking to Dirt Nap when a voice cuts through the night.

"Dammit. Simone, I need to talk to you. He's vulnerable right now. I need your help!" A woman walks into view, talk on the phone and letting out a string of curses. Her Predators Taint sings out to you. She seems unaware of your presence.
    BP 1
    The Kindred is an attractive woman with short blond hair and bright green eyes. The blond is wearing tight-fitting dark grey blouse and red leather pants. A leather backpack is slung over her shoulder. The right shoulder of her shirt is torn, frayed pieces hanging free.

"Can you- hello? You'll meet me where? Dammit, come on, you piece of shit!"
    She breaks off, shaking her phone angrily.
    Ah, the wonders of the Barrens. The internet and cell phone towers are so fickle, they seem to contribute to the run down, grime of the area. The blond pauses, turning her head. She's detected the presence of Dirt Nap and Horatio Quill in eye sight.

"Who are you?" She purrs. Her gruff anger seems to melt, her voice alluringly attractive.

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio quickly grabs his gun and trains it on the source of the voice. As he follows her with the pistol, his beast reacts to her and he quiets it down so as to not interfere with his trigger finger. He hears her change of voice to something friendlier and relaxes his arm to set it into his holster instead of back onto the outcropping.

With her attention on him he gathers up his other weapon and places the sword into his belt, eyeing her before smiling and offering a wave.
    "Hello, I am Horatio Quilz the man who was just about to shoot you. Do you often wander around at night in the middle of nowhere tempting fate? A kine with a shotgun can be pretty dangerous and not just to themselves as usually with farmers, uh Miss?" Horatio glances to Dirt Nap and subtly shakes his head anticipating the kindred, he then gives Daemon the signal to stand down and hopes Daemon remembers the signal.
    He studies her torn shirt as he waits for her name and keeps his guard up but looks to be relaxed.

2 successes

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap does not sigh out loud as his superior makes acquaintance with the lady at gunpoint whereas Dirt Nap himself would be inclined to address her as Ma'am and ask if she needs assistance. He stands there, hands at his sides and openly empty of weapons, his Mask of Tranquility and Protean discipline of the Aspect of the Predator insulating him somewhat from the lady's Beast, though not from the knowledge that she has, is one.

He ponders Horatio's now observed tendency to turn every encounter with his kind into a combative one. Perhaps because it is his way, being a warrior and best suited to handle a fight, he tends to want every situation to be the kind of fight he can win. It makes Dirt Nap wonder what he himself tends to want to turn situations in to, what does Dirt Nap feel like he can win? He tends to feel most at ease when his kind doesn't notice him at all, he suspects. Not that that is too likely as long as he's trailing Horatio.

Dirt Nap notes Horatio's subtle nod, and can't for the life of him imagine what it means. He envies the dog, Daemon who at least seems to have some idea what Horatio's signals indicate.

Dirt Nap nods in turn to the lady, openly and gently with a neutral expression. Perhaps an implied 'good cop' performance will somewhat mitigate Horatio's openly threatening manner.

6. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"Get those weapons down. Now." Her voice is firm.
    "Do you often pull weapons on people?" A moment earlier she had a voice like cocoa butter. The warm purr vanished when the weapons came out. There is a hard edge to her eyes now. Her tone is ice cold, lined with promises of consequences that her words back up.
    Her eyes drop to the Huskey and dismiss it.

"This isn't your territory. This the Barrens, and all us chickens wander as we please. You fire those off, and cops aren't coming to save you. And watch your fucking words and the Masquerade. I don't want my tongue Twisted off. Courtesy of Twist."

She strides closer, within conversational distance so no one has to raise their voice. Her eyes are not kind to Horatio. Her eyes now flick to Dirt Nap, studying him. She is not happy. Horatio has burned off that initial warm greeting. Her eyes study Dirt Nap's face, then drop to his hips, his waist, his ankles. She seems to be searching him for weapons.

Her eyes tick back to Horatio.

"Who the fuck do you think you are, flashing guns on me?"

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio looks at his holster that he secured his weapon in before she got off the phone and looks at her with a tilt of his head wondering if she was touched in the head maybe. "A stranger in the middle of nowhere, a weapon is a reasonable reaction, never know who will break the domain laws. Why is everyone telling me to watch my words in this place? No, don't answer that, instead please tell me who you are and why you are here and most importantly why are you in distress? Maybe I can …" He looks at Dirt Nap, "We can help you?"
    Horatio lifts his empty hands in a motion of showing the empty surrounding area. "Again, might I add you show up out of nowhere, you could be anyone, a malcontent or other sort. A little paranoia is healthy, Miss?" Horatio makes sure he is standing between her and Dirt Nap in a protective manner as anyone of the axe would do for another member of the covenant. He recalls hearing the name of the Archon but is still unsure of this kindred but is not hostile.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods apparently involuntarily when the woman voices her concerns. He is otherwise perfectly still not even breathing as she looks him over for hidden weapons. Of course he might have something concealed that wouldn't show, not to normal inspection, but his buried cache of rifle and fresh clothes is well out of reach and besides, if weapons were needed, he is a Gangrel. The weapons he uses best are never far away.

Taking Horatio's look and questioning tone as an invitation to play the host, Dirt Nap nods again, more obvious and communication like.

"Yes, Sir." He says directly and obviously to Horatio. "I believe we could, Sir."

Dirt Nap looks towards the woman, not making direct contact with her flashing eyes, but looking off about six inches to the left of her face. He pauses a moment and then nods again.

"Ma'am. I am right sorry for being jumpy and all. We don't have any weapons out now, and we don't mean to start anything. Maybe we could make things right by helping out. Did you need a ride or something? This territory is pretty bad for phone calls and such." Dirt Nap says with a little sympathy for people who depend on phones, or cars or roads.

"You could call me, 'Dirt Nap', if you've a mind to." He offers. "It's what I call myself, generally."

12. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"My name's Melanie. All my time here in the Barrens, I have never had guns pulled on me and then been interrogated." She speaks to Dirt Nap.
    "Please tell me who you are and why you are here and most importantly why are you in distress."
    Melanie chuckles a little, tossing her hair. The movement emphasizes the torn flaps of her shirt which flap loosely, exposing the strap of her undergarment.

"One of the spies for a Posh asshole - the ones that think they run the town? - rousted me. I can't really spend the day in the city proper. The Domain officials don't like me. Might say I am in a self inflicted Banishment, and I don't Poach. I wouldn't mind being dropped off in the hotel district, though. My friend needs to know that the Posh asshole has finally made a mistake.
    We could really embarrass those Estate asses."

14. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio's brow furrows as he takes in the information the kindred offers. ​Well, this can't be good, best to play along to find out more, may be able to curry favor with action instead of court etiquette.
    "I see, well Miss Melanie I could give you a ride." Horatio jangles some keys. "But I will need little more to go on, in the mean time I have a work out shirt you can have in the back of my Jeep. Can't have you running around looking like an Ex-employee of the tiger king that cost him money."
    Horatio walks over to his Jeep opening up the back, he grabs a gym bag and retrieves a T-shirt with some boxing gloves falling out. He tucks the gloves back in and hands the shirt off to Melanie while pointing to a tarped off area around the side of the Jeep, a sort of lean to. "Should give enough privacy over there."
    Giving a smile to Melanie, Horatio walks away and waits for her to change. While facing Dirt Nap and away from Melanie, Horatio gives him a questioning look and mouths 'What the fuck?' so that the other kindred doesn't hear or see.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap keeps his own council as the woman seems bent on involving them in a plan to bring embarrassment to an entire covenant, or at least the local representatives of that covenant, none of whom have ever done him any harm that he knows of.

He shrugs slightly but eloquently when his superior mouths a lack of understanding of what is going on. This is not a thing that so far any experience of Dirt Nap's is helpful to understanding.

He doesn't look away when the woman changes, if she does, well not entirely. He doesn't look right at her, but he keeps track of where she is, just in case she does something unexpectedly other than change.

18. Likes OniShadowWolf, liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Melanie evaluated the offered shirt, holding it out for a moment of consideration.
    "Sure." She says, easy and carefree about privacy. The Kindred doesn't notice anyone watching or not watching as she carries the shirt a ways to where Horatio dictates and strips her torn shirt off. She pulls on Horatio's T shirt, tucking her ruined shirt into her back pack.

"You need more to go on?" She questions as she returns to the two. Dirt Nap is fairly certain she hasn't taken the time to do anything unexpected. The pretty Vampire turns her head as she scans around them for several moments.
    "His spies are out in force tonight, I feel it." She states to you when she looks at you. She looks between Horatio and Dirt Nap, including them both in her conversation. She tends to address Dirt Nap more favorably.

"I saw something I shouldn't have." Melanie elaborates, barely. "Someone tried to make me pay for it. But I don't bow and scrape like some do to him."

20. Likes OniShadowWolf, Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread