1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Marginally Less Stupid Thing

(2109) Autumn Greeting
Sep 11, 2021 - Sep 22, 2021
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    M
    Mysantheral

Loki had not liked the idea of her going off into Sacramento to find any of the mages operating in the city. He had said it was only marginally less stupid than putting a notice in the day’s newspaper. She had scuffed at his paranoia, for if anything he was paranoid. Maybe it was because he was a Mastigos, or perhaps it was because the world of the supernatural was indeed as dangerous and sinister as he described. She hadn’t decided yet. Either way she figured it had to be done if she was to find anyone else, preferably a member of the Mysterium. At least coming to notice of a mage wouldn’t be too hard. You just had to use magic in turn and hope they’d notice. With that plan in hand she grabbed her jacket and headed out.

A few minutes of thought made her decide to head towards the older parts of town. It seemed sort of appropriate for mages to live at the top floor of some old brick house, full with books and mystical implements. She doubted they’d live in a run down five story concrete housing complex though. Or maybe she was wrong.

As she approached the area she had in mind she worked to open her senses towards the supernal world.

Spellcasting In Progress

With that done she smiles widely and sets of in search for anything, and preferably anyone, of interest.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx walks down the street. Somewhere several blocks back he had started to think over what had happened up until now. The fuck ups he had help contribute to, the mental ass whooping by the coward provost, the people at the VFW. Mostly though he was wondering what he was walking around town lit up with spells when he has the power to cloak them. Trying to be sporting or asking for a fight, Falx isn't really sure and that's how he ended up in the old part of town walking down a street.

M
    Mysantheral

Hel sighed loudly. So far walking around and darkening shadows or peering at the state of peoples souls, and keeping an eye out for any ghostly activity with no result so far. The sun was starting to set and she had all but given up on her personal quest to find any other Awakened. Of course, suprises always pop up when least expected. In this case it's when turning around to head back.

The man that walked up to the intersection behind her practicaly glowed with magical energies.

After picking up her yaw she started runing, not wanting him to slip away now that she had found him. "Hey! You there, wait up a bit!"

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx stops midstep and looks around his right hand falling to hang over his knife. Eyes flicking between the women now running at him and everything else. "Can I help you?" He asks with half a smile.

M
    Mysantheral

Hel smiles as she reaches Falx, taking a moment to brush her hair out of her face. "You sure can, you're Awakened, after all. Which means you're exactly the type of person I'm trying to find."

She throws a glance around, giving a cuple passing by and looking at them a scowl.

"I met another a day or two ago. Figured it's time to see if there's any more around in Sacramento, too."

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx looks at Hel for a moment. Then looks around quickly. Seer? Banisher? Noobie? Is Dee messing with me? Shit shit shit

The half smiles sticks around. "I am awake, I am walking down the street after all. You a fan of diamonds or pillars?"

What if this new person is a seer or banisher. Could Falx do what had to be done and remove them? He isn't sure.

M
    Mysantheral

Hel looks up at him Falx questioningly. Could it be that all Mages are as paranoid as Loki described them... and were. Seems the scores are two to one in favour of that theory. "I... Man, you know what I'm talking about! And what the hell is that for kind of question? Dimons are nice in rings and I never was quite a fan of pillars. Have no idea why you find all kinds of public buildings packed with pillars."

She puts her hands on her hips.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx mentally deciphers what the women said. Definitely either a noob or a spook, so same place as before.

"What Order do you belong to then? If we are going to be blunt." The smiles slips away replaced by a guarded neutral look.

M
    Mysantheral

"The Mysterium." The answer is swift and clear, though she seems unable to not elaborate further. "I wasn't introduced to it in Sacramento thought. I was brought out of town."

Hel's expression slowly shifts from bright to uncertain as Falx loses his smile. Rats... Did I just annoy him or did I do something really stupid?

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

Falx's head shifts to the side then rights itself. Brought out of town? Brought into the Mysterium out of town? That makes more sense.

"How many other of our kind have you approached so openly?."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread