Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I’d be happy to take a look. Scratches are pretty easy to take care of.” Then shaking her head, “I have to wonder with movers. You would think they’d be more careful with other peoples things.” But some people were just dicks.

Smirking, “That it is! And I had to take the exam twice before passing. But I have a feeling you’ll get it on the first try.” Oh yeah, she’d bet on it. “We tried to rewrite pieces to better fit Sacramento, but I think we failed more than anything. No matter is changed to help, it seems to mess something else up down the road. And yeah, knowing the basics should be a requirement. But some just don’t seem to care. Until they screw up, then suddenly they’re all about it. Quite a process to see.” Sad sometimes, but amusing too.

“Hmm.”
    Sipping her coffee, “It certainly is, but I’ve noticed that there are a few who come back. So there is that.” With Star and Avis back. “Oh, I think a Ladder presence is great.” She had nothing against the Ladder, they had been good to her.

“So still settling in well? Find anything exciting to do on your time off?” business talk was ok, but it can’t always be about business.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Next time, the best movers money can buy."

Naga smirked, "Oh, that's not uncommon. People who know nothing of the law, until they get into a mess, then they're suddenly legal experts. Half the country doesn't even understand what freedom of speech actually means." She picked up her coffee and took a leisurely sip. "People hate lawyers, but they need us."

On the subject of people returning to town, she nodded, "I suppose so. Like that Avis woman at the last Consilium meeting? Do you know her at all?"

"Yes, I'm settled in quite nicely now. Feeling more like home every day." She set her mug down again, "Time off is scant, but I usually spend it home alone. Just reading or watching movies."

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Oh, well I’m glad it’s not uncommon.” She jokes. “I always wondered why people hated lawyers. Thankfully, I’ve never needed one myself, but there’s still time I guess.” Laughing, “But I will admit, I’ve never seen a Factotum in action so to speak. Have you?” she was curious about that. They take the exam and pass, but then what? Wait for someone to violate the Lex?

“I know her a bit. We were never close, but she has certainly shown herself to be someone you can count on. We briefly shared a Cabal, but I had to leave town and it wasn’t taken well as I kinda just left. I didn’t tell anyone.” A deep breath, “Not my best time, but I like to think I’ve improved since then.” A shrug and laugh. “But if you’re in trouble, she’s one you want beside you.” Avis could be blunt and rude, but she was loyal and could fight with the best of them.

“Nothing wrong with that, but is it reading for enjoyment or work?” she asks, because for work did not count. “Sometimes it’s good to get out. I found this great little piano type bar. Live music, piano and cello, a nice intimate feel to club. Wine selection was good, though I’m still navigating that whole thing.” Wines were an odd thing. So many to choose from, so many different flavors. “Actually, ran into Campanella there.” Getting up, she grabs the coffee pot, refilling her mug and offering some to Naga. “I like a good evening in too, but getting out can be fun! Anything outside of reading and movies spark your interests? I’m all about too much work is not good for people, getting out and having fun is important to a healthy life style. And all that.” Yah. “Even if it’s just visiting bookshops or something.” She wasn’t picky.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"We've always had our share of shady operators, amoral litigators, divorce attorneys, and so forth. And lawyer jokes have reinforced the negative image," she shrugged. "It is what it is. We're never going to be able to rehab our general reputation."

Naga nodded, "I know a couple back in L.A.. They're very good."

There was more nodding as she listened to the description of Avis, "With Pixel having taken off, it'd good to know the other Mastigos will be more dependable."

She smiled and held out her mug for the refill, "The reading is recreational. I've got nothing against going out, of course. My free time just usually feels better used at home lately. Maybe I'll feel different if I had people to go out with. Hitting the town alone isn't very desirable."

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A small nod, “As is the same with most professions. There are always those who give the others a bad name, but then there are the good ones who help improve. I think it’s a constant back and forth. And I’ve had to deal with people having a preconceived notion about what I do. With the circus and all that.” So she got it and understood it.

“That’s good. Not that I’m in a hurry to see one in action, but I’ve been curious.” Couldn’t blame her there. She busted her ass for that test.

“Oh yeah. You want dependable, that’s her. A bit rough around the edges at first, but she’s great.”
    The Shaman had nothing but respect for Avis.

After refilling her mug, she sits back down, “Nothing wrong with that. I’ve been finding myself drawn more and more to reading.” It was weird how she had changed. “Oh, well if that’s all that’s keeping you in, I can fix that. I love going out and enjoying the warmer weather. Everything from just having coffee to nightclubs. So I’m going to make a point to get you out of the house. Do you like tea houses or shopping?” trying to get a gauge on the woman.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Refill complete, Naga took a sip from her mug, "What sort of notions? Do people assume you ran away from home to join the circus?"

Setting her mug down, she tore a small chunk off of her muffin, "Good to know. I look forward to actually speaking with her."

She chuckled at Aurora's enthusiasm for hitting the town together, "Those both sound like a lovely time." The muffin chunk was popped into her mouth, and she chewed it and swallowed before speaking again, "I do like museums, though I know many people find them boring."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “I’ve gotten that one a few times. But people tend to find people who work with the circus as untrustworthy. That we’re always scheming a way to take someone’s money, that we’re ignorant and uneducated. Over the years, some of that has died down, but it’s still there sometimes.” It was what it was. She stopped trying to fight it.

“Then we should make a day of it sometime. Maybe even see if the other girls want to hang out.” It might be fun. “Museums? I’ll be honest, I’ve never really been to one. So I can’t say if they’re boring or not. But I’m always game for trying new things and would be willing to go with you. But you can’t laugh at my complete lack of knowledge.” She says with a laugh. “I enjoy flea markets and second hand stores and some people find those boring and not exciting.” But the deals.

Tucking her legs back under herself, picking another piece of muffin, “Now, if I remember hearing right, there are a wide variety of art and styles. Is there a particular style you enjoy?”

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I suppose every profession and industry has it's negative stereotypes. Perhaps all we can do is try to defy those images." What else was there to do, really?

"That sounds good," She nodded, "Maybe I'll get to see what Phoenyx is like when she's not on duty and also not drunk." Naga laughed lightly, "Anyway, I have yet to check out the museums here, so they'll be new to me, too. I hear there's a history museum, and an automobile one. A railroad place, too, I think."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod of agreement, “That’s really all we can do. I’ve always fought against those stereotypes, engaging with my crowd after the show. Then there is the whole dumb blonde stereotype, which just annoys me to no end. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t know everything, and I might not have a formal education in the traditional sense, but I’m not ignorant. Did you ever come across that pursing law? Being a woman. I’ve heard that there are still some professions where it’s harder for woman to be successful.” And Naga sounded successful.

Then an embarrassed laugh, “Sorry. I tend to ask too many questions sometimes.”

Laughing, “I’ve been trying to get her to go out more. Not always drinking mind you, but just, out. Its been a struggle, and she seems to think she has to always be on duty. So maybe with another Arrow around, she’ll feel comfortable enough to not be on duty. I worry about that with her, always thinking she has to be on duty, it can’t be healthy.” Hence trying to get her out more. “I should just start a club something, where I make all the work and play people go out at least once a week.” It needed to happen. For heath and stuff.

“Oh, wow. I don’t know much about cars, except how to change the oil in mine. But the railroad sounds strangely interesting.” Laughing, “If you ever decide to venture to the museum, and want company, let me know. We could make a day of it or something. Museums and drinks or something.”

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Still most professions, honestly." Naga smirked, "And yes, I get mansplained about the law quite often. Sometime by men who aren't even lawyers. It's ridiculous. Enjoyable, however, when I then show them up."

She smiled and waved off the apology, "Never be sorry to ask questions. How else do we learn?"

A sip of coffee, "I can sympathize with her, being the only representative of my Order. It's a burden to hold down the fort by yourself. Now she has a Master of Space on her side, so good for her."

"I'm not a car fanatic or anything. I just like them fast, sleek and expensive." There was the smirk, again. "Not that my current car is up to my usual standards."

The Warlock flashed a brilliant smile, "That would be great. We'll have to do that. I do like the idea of trains. There's a certain romance to them. A long train ride sounds like a wonderful vacation."

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread