Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Aurora had reached out to Naga seeing if she wanted to get together and just hangout. Sometimes it was good to just sit and talk with people. Get to know them better, that whole thing.

The apartment is more of an open floor loft, walls bare red brick and floor a darker wood. It was clearly a loft that was done by hand. The living room area had oversized couches covered by a beige fabric with brightly colored pillows and the coffee table and other pieces were clearly done by hand. Soft white LED lights were strung around the room in various places. A book shelf was in the process of being refinished, a sheet under it and various cans of stain around it. Boxes of books were stacked near it. Near the kitchen area was brewing equipment. A traditional carboy, with some beer fermenting in it, as well as a more advanced fermenter.

Her fav part of the loft? Her bed. Which was full of fabric, with a rigged canopy system, also full of flowing fabric and soft white lights mixed in with the hanging fabric. Near a window was a ballet bar with colored mats beneath it. There was also a hula-hoop with five prongs that stuck out on it, as well as a sword, plus some odd looking wired fan thing.

There was the smell of fresh brewed coffee and brownies. She also had other drinks and no sugary food in case.
    Abyssalstar

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga had to admit, she was surprised by the invitation. Particularly to come to Aurora's home. Since her Awakening, she had quickly gotten used to being mistrusted for simply being a Warlock. It was part of the package when you had a natural talent for reading minds and scrying upon people. One tended to get paranoid when one's privacy was threatened, even theoretically.

Still, she was determined not to pass up the opportunity to get to know the Shaman better. Aurora had been quite pleasant and enjoyable during the 'girls night out' a few weeks back. And hey, it never hurt to make friends with a Master of Life.

The Ladder arrived wearing a blue floral print dress, with a tan leather jacket (with matching boots). She brought a box of muffins from a local bakery (in a variety of flavors), as well.

Knock, knock.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman opens the door, dressed casual in fitted jeans and a baggy white tank top. Because if she could go casual, she did.

“Naga!”
    huge welcoming smile, “Thanks for coming over, come in.” stepping aside to let her in, closing the door once she does. “Oh, I love that dress!” it looked amazing on the Warlock, and was a really cute dress. “And something yummy in the box? Maybe a good thing I made coffee?” then realizing that not everyone likes coffee, “But I have other drinks too, you name it, I probably have it.”

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Coffee would be lovely, thanks. Black as you can make it." she smiled as she stepped inside. "Please, call me Vanessa. Thanks for the invite, by the way."

The Warlock handed over the pink box, "Just some fresh muffins. I wanted to bring something to be a good guest."

Pausing, she looked around, "Wow, this is a really nice place, Aurora. I like the style." Her eyes were drawn to the oddities, like the fan and the hula-hoop.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning, “A girl after my own heart!” and moves into the kitchen area to pour the coffee. “Vanessa it is. I can either be Madison or Aurora, or, something else.” Joking with a laugh. “No problem, I thought it’d be nice to sit down and talk.” Walking over to her, she hands her an oversized mug.

“Oh, muffins! Perfect!” and she places them on the coffee table and goes back into the kitchen for plates and napkins.

“Thanks! I’ve been slowly, very slowly, restoring it.”
    Pouring herself a cup of coffee, “I thought for sure the landlord had rented it out when I left, but Winter said he hadn’t, so I was able to move back in.” blowing on the coffee, she catches where Naga was looking, “I use those in my performances.” Moving towards the couch to sit down, “So how’ve things been going?”

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Madison sounds good," she smiled, accepting the mug in both hands. Naga followed the Thyrsus to the couch, where she sat. "Sounds like a fun hobby, restoring a place like this. Is remodeling and interior design something you enjoy?"

She, too, blew upon her coffee before taking a sip. The Warlock seemed to find the blend agreeable. "So, you were away for a time?"

Her eyes returned to the unusual objects, "Performances?"

"Things are well enough. Moved in. Law practice underway. Getting to know Sacramento. I've lived in NorCal before, but not here."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking her head, “No, not at all. I started restoring the place to help cover the cost of rent when I first got here. The landlord wanted to turn the lofts into rentable spaces, so I thought I’d try my hand at remodeling. Floors are the easiest, but a pain. But interior design? No way, if I see something I like, I just buy it and put it somewhere, hope for the best.” If it looked good, even better!

Taking a careful sip, she nods, “I left town for almost a year, looking to clear my head and figure a few things out. Came back when it was apparent, I needed help sorting things out.” Somethings only other Awakened could understand.

“I’m a semi-retired side show performer. Those are pieces of my fire act.”
    When would she be able to say full retired? And would she ever be truly retired?

“Oh wow, you’ve been busy! Was getting the law practice underway difficult?”
    her job had never needed her to set much up.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sounds about my method of decorating," she smirked. "Still, you've done a lovely job here." She glanced about the loft once again, "I'm still not close to finished with my house."

Looking back to the Shaman, Naga smiled, "That's a fascinating career path. Was it a family business?"

"Took some work, but I wouldn't say it was difficult. I used to work for a big firm in Los Angeles. This is the same idea, just on a much smaller scale." She gave a slight shrug as she sipped her coffee once more.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“It’s evolved a lot over the years. Though I suppose that’s probably because I’ve gotten older.” A shrug, “But thank you. And isn’t that the best and easiest way to decorate? Find something you like, then find a place for it in your house? Nothing planned in advance.” Decorating was so not her thing.

A nod, “It was. I was born into a family that traveled the states with the circus. But I’m trying to get out of it, find something else.”

Listening, she nods, “Do you miss the bigger firm?” she asks. “I was also curious if you’d always been a Ladder. If that’s not too personal and all that.” Cause some were more private about those things.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It works for me, and for you," the Warlock nodded, "I suppose some people like to have a plan, or a theme."

She held her oversized mug in both hands as she listened to Aurora, "I see. What would you like to do, then?"

"Miss it?" Naga pondered the question for a few moments, taking the time to drink from her mug again, "I miss the perks, and the paycheck. Can't say I miss the immorality of it, aiding the rich and powerful to get away with whatever. What I'm doing now is helping people deal with a system weighted against them. There's a lot less money in that."

She found the next question curious, "Yes, the Ladder is the only Order of which I've been a member, though I haven't been Awakened all that long. Why do you ask?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread