Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Thyrsus Ecstatic BBQ
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Ecstatic BBQ

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima's garden is once again opened to the Shamans of Sacramento.

The stone path that leads around the craftsman home, through the ivy arches and into a backyard that looks any backyard that might be maintained by a professional gardener. Neatly organized flowers, bushes, and herbs, and fruits infuse the air with a vaguely sweet aroma. A slight stone dais holds a grated fire pit. Nicely crafted wood chairs surround, a table with drink options, bowls of fresh fruits and veggies adorn a picnic table.

Deeper in the back yard, a small zen garden sits under a picturesque orange tree, a rope fence surrounds it as a symbolic warding.

Anima himself is dressed in khaki shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, and green crocks. Holding a trey of impossible burgers he's flipping the I-can't-believe-it's-not-meat over the grates of the fire pit, looking very much like an embarrassing father at a cookout.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

2. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Having been there once, she followed the path this time. A little eager for the meeting, but also not. It was complicated.

Spotting Anima, she waves, heading over. She was dressed for the weather in yellow shorts and a white flowing shirt. It was sheer, but not to worry, she had a bathing suit top underneath. In one arm she pulled a cooler, and the other held an energy drink.

“Hey! Thanks for hosting.” She greeted, “I brought some steaks that have the most wonderful cut, and some of the summer ale I had ready.” Motioning to the cooler. “How you been?”

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Arriving maybe a little late wearing her usual garments not that she had many outfits to choose from nor did she really care these ones were holding well and her boots were sturdy so they suited her just fine. Navigating a city was far harder than to navigate the woods or open roads, all roads, places you couldn't cross and dead ends were still not things she were used to but oh well she had made it once more and she would get a hang of it eventually.

Coming wandering in she had been told that she were welcome at anytime after all so there was no reason to be shy.

Walking up to the chef and handing over a bouquet of wild flowers she had gathered before coming, it was not much but one should never visit someone empty handed.
    "Thanks for the invite doc, how have you been?"

Turning her eyes to Aurora and smiling up.
    "Hi Adi would you mind answering a question for me or would you prefer to leave all such things aside and just enjoy the meal and company for today?"

Her words as ever spoken calmly and softly, she was seldom worked up there really weren't any need to most of the time the calmer you were the more control you had and people more often than not followed suite when she were calm.

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Approaching the garden, she scowls.

She didn't want to be here. She hadn't had a good time the last time she'd been here, and she doubted that she'd have a good time now. Especially knowing she wouldn't be rid of copy+paste.

Hair, down, in a post helmet disarray. Eyeliner, thick. Shirt, two sizes too big. Hanging off one shoulder. Sleeves hanging down, cutting off some of the kanji on her inner arm. She's got braided leather cords, with other miscellaneous bracelets and bangles on her other wrist. Not risking it being read.

Her jeans, dark washed, and skinny. Feet, boot clad.

"What. Up." is a little flatter then intended but fuck it. At least there will be food.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Engine rumble, loud music and then silence was what preceded Guru's arrival. He'd parked out front and came walking down the path at a casual pace. He wasn't wearing anything special at all, a white tank, a pair of cargo khaki shorts, burkenstocks, and his usual messenger bag. In his hands he held a milk crate that was filled with bottles and some tupperware.

"So, uh, I didn't know what to expect so I brought some party favors. Oh. And Ribs, and vegan pulled 'pork.'" He said as the bottles jingled against each other before he set the crate down, adjusting the strap of his bag.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima turns as Aurora approaches, "Welcome back! I'm happy we could all get together." He graciously accepts the steaks, setting them aside to open one her ales and try it immediately. "I've been thinking about this beer since you mentioned it...." He takes a tentative sip, savoring the flavor then a large one. "That is delightful! Thank you. I'll just hide these, I mean keep them by the fire with me. Feel free to smell the flowers."

Skye gets a smile as well, "Glad you could make it!"

As more shamans troupe in Anima continues to prep food and set out dishes for them to enjoy and make small talk.

"It's so good we could all get together. Thank you for suggesting this Aurora." Anima seems to have more to say, but holds his tongue, ceding the floor to their councilor.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Returning the smile and a small wave, “A question?” shrugging, “Sure.” Whatever. Though she wasn’t sure what she would have a question about.

“Hey Briar Rose, good to see you.” A small greeting, “How you been?” she was still unable to get a good read on her fellow Shaman.

Vegan pulled pork? Was it even pork at that point? Should it even have port in the name? The whole vegan craze was still bizarre to her. Give her a steak any day of the week.

“Hey Guru.” Another wave. Having this many Shamans was still a bit weird. Having been a Path of one for so long.

Laughing, “Well, I hope it lives up to your expectations then. Was trying a new recipe.” Grabbing one for herself. “I have more back at my loft if you want a growler or two of it.” She always had growlers on hand. Easiest way to make friends, bring beer. “We still need to setup some time to work on that mead. Been doing a bit of research on it, and think I might have found a good recipe.” Now, it was finding the ingredients.

“I just wanted an excuse for a barbecue and beer.” Her true motives now known.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking to Aurora or as she called her Adi.
    "Phoenyx said that you are the one who leads the arrows so how does it come that a none arrow leads the arrows?" That question had been bugging her for ages but she had never really gotten a chance to ask it until now.

Watching Briar enter, waving to her with a smile.
    "Hiya girl have you thought about my question about trying some other hair color together? I am still into the thought of purple/black but i could do others as well." She really hoped that she would be in a better mood now, she was the only other one around that seemed to enjoy playing with their hair and wasn't stuck on traditional colors.

Enter Guru, bringing treats but wait what did he say? Vegan pork? What kind of blasphemy was that? Meat needed to contain meat otherwise it should not be called meat, true it tasted better if you felled your pray yourself but still store bought meat contained meat.
    "Welcome Guru, want a hug?" He was the only one around that never seemed down for a hug so better take the chance whilst she could.

Looking towards Anima with a smile.
    "Wouldn't miss it besides you said that I was always welcome and I am still waiting to talk about the spirits with you, would you mind letting me taste a few drops of that?" Looking towards the beer, she wasn't much for beer normally but it was nice to try new things.

Wait did she hear mead?
    "What kind of mead? Honey, grape, wine vingear or perhaps apple? The apple variant is quite nice but honey is special of course and ohh so good if you make it right but mulled mead is naturally never wrong especially in the winter."

Looking over the foods, trying to decide what to try knowing full well to not offer to help with the preparation grilling was something men could be so sensible about.

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Were they supposed to bring food? She didn't get the memo.

"Yo." she says, "I've been okay." a shrug. "Found a place to stay." she says, wandering further in.

"Why'd Phoenyx say that? Sure she said that? Or did she say Councilor?" Briar Rose asks copy+paste. "Aurora's chief Shaman. Was that where your wires got crossed?"

Sinking into herself, "No. My hair's pink, it's gonna stay pink. So back off. Stop trying to get me to conform to whatever hair standard you have. And let me do my hair how I want to do it."

After her mini rant, she sinks more. oh gods they're huggers.

"I need to be drunk." she says to well no one really, but she aims it at Aurora who brews, and had brought the alcohol.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

He put the milk crate down as the bottles jingled as he opened his arms so Skye could come in for a hug then looking to Aurora. "Always a good time for some Brew and Q." He whistled and would step away from the hug his hands up as Briar Rose bared a little fang though he knew she was likely holding back.

"Drinks a good idea. I brought spirits and some mixers as well. Since we're alone here..." his eyes still darting around carefully out of instinct and habit. "I got weed, that's a given, mushroom pills, LSD, and DMT if anyone wants to partake. I can always trip sit if needed that's not a problem."

He smiled at everyone, "So if this is like a mixer I'll start. I'm Guru. I would tell you I'm a chemist by trade." Bottles jingled as he started pulling them out though he hadn't brought any shot glasses looking to Anima with a quirked brow as he continued his spiel. "I've done my fair share of first aid work. I don't belong to any organization. I enjoy science, philosophy, and fitness in the form of parkour."

He shrugged and looked around to everyone. "Whiskey, Vodka, Gin...that's all I brought unfortunately so what's people's poison? Also any questions I'll answer to the best of my ability but we can't do a toast with water now can we?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread