Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(PRP) Criminal Intent: The Offer

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

While Edward has just begun the evening, Edward Heinrich is surprised by a man who approaches him politely. The man, who wears an outdated suit, is holding out an envelope of fine stationary. He presents the envelope to Edward respectfully. The sun has just yielded its domain. How had this courier found him so quickly?

"Mr. Kowalsic would appreciate the pleasure of your company."
    The man says softly. His eyes are kept lowered, he doesn't quite meet your eyes. When you accept the envelope, the man discreetly moves into the flow of people and moves away. The envelope is addressed to Mr. Heinrich on the outside. Opening the envelope reveals a hand written letter on expensive stationary.
    Mr. Heinrich,
    I hope this finds you well. There is an important matter that I require your assistance with. I loathe to commit this delicate matter to paper. Please meet with my childe, Miss Isabella Kowalsic, for the details. She will be awaiting you at [address] tonight at 10:30 PM.
    It would be prudent to mention this delicate matter to no one except those working with you. I will be approaching Dirt Nap to see if he will work alongside you. I do hope you will work well together.
    ~ Mr. Kowalsic

You know that Mr. Kowalsic is a valued member of the First Estate. The rumors you have heard about Mr. Kowalsic, of the line Nosferatu, had been passed about and occasionally in conflict with one another for some time. It is said that he has killed someone to protect the Masquerade. That he has an army of ghouls under his command. One Unaligned who passed through insisted that he heard Mr. Kowalsic was recognized for his good deeds. Yet the departed Mr. Kelly whispered that he’d hear the problem had been dealt with – brutally. What could be true? Certainly, one of these has to be an over exaggeration or outright lies. Regarding Miss Kowalsic, you know that she is the childe of an influential First Estate member, Mr. Kowalsic. Miss Isabella is young, still under the tutelage of her Sire. She is often sent as a proxy by Mr. Kowalsic to relay his regards or feel out a situation.

The rumors around the childe are fewer. She is polite at Formal Court functions, but always seems to be on business for Mr. Kowalsic otherwise. There is a rumor that she has a sharp mind. Her Sire keeps her close to him to oversee her education.
    The time is 9 PM, giving you about an hour and ten minutes of free time before you need to transport yourself to the address – if you choose to go. This could be a prime time to run down those rumors or look into any possible events that could have triggered this summons.

What does Edward do?

@Edward Heinrich

2. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Reflexively masking the surprise, Edward took the envelope without expression. He waved the figure away, they hadn't seen fit to introduce themselves, so Edward concluded they were one of Mister Kowalsic's fabled ghouls. He unfolded the letter and skimmed the short message.

10:30 tonight!? That's... Edward checked his watch. An hour from now? Dirt Nap? Edward had been planning on making progress through a stack of documents, but none of them were urgent, as apparently, the summons was. That, or it was some power play. His mind continued to churn. He centred himself, a respected member of the First Estate had summoned him. There was nothing to think about, he simply had to go. Now what to wear...?

No rolls.

4. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The directions you’re given lead to a residential area in town. It’s a middleclass neighborhood: the houses are too run-down to be a bland suburbia, but it’s quiet and clean. There are neighborhood watch stickers on most of the windows, and every once in a while, you can see a curtain twitch as you make your way down the street.
    Probably some nosy housewife or old lady looking for a bit of excitement, but some of them could be spies working for Mr. Kowalsic – or his enemies.
    You almost end up passing the house you’re looking for. It’s a well-maintained brick home with a one-car garage that sits a little further back from the street. The address is on a discreet brass number plate by the door, only barely noticeable in the evening gloom. The doorbell chimes faintly behind the door, and you are greeted by a fit middle-aged blond man who introduces himself as John.
    As John shows you inside, the house reminds you of a nice hotel room – it’s comfortable, but it doesn’t have any of the individual touches that a home accumulates over time. He leads you quietly to the basement, which is furnished as a game room in a similar style as the main floor. The only personal touches are a few extremely well-maintained guns and metal sculptures lying around the room, some of which are stamped with Cyrillic characters.

Standing by the door is another plain-looking man, a dark-haired version of John, who gives an almost imperceptible nod as you enter. You recognize this as the person who brought you the invitation. Isabella is at the seating area, checking her smart phone.

You recognize her immediately as Isabella Kowalsic. She had another surname at one time, you think it tickles the back of your memory. Miss Isabella is young, still under the tutelage of her Sire. Those chocolate brown eyes tick back to you as she smiles, welcoming. Her skin is fair and sprinkled with warm brown freckles, especially across her nose. Her hair is a dark shade of brown, so dark it is nearly black. It is swept up into a severe bun. She wears a simple but tasteful pant suit in light lavender with a white shell. She wears simple studs in her ears of precious stones in purple. A well-crafted silver necklace is tasteful, looking appropriate on someone older than her. She looks like a law intern who may have court.

“Good evening,” she says softly. “Please have a seat.”

The phone is slipped into a nearby leather purse.
    She does not rise for you. She is younger, and clearly knows the influence that her Sire wields.
    “My Sire wanted me to reach out to you about a problem that unfolded earlier this evening. He wanted to be assured that you are prepared and devoted to the task before he meets with you and the associates who will help you. You know Dirt Nap?”
    She inquires. There is a piece of paper with writing upon it that she consults.
    “- A Horatio Quill? It says here he is out in the Barrens- oh.” She lowers the paper, deftly folding it one handed and tucking it out of sight on her body somewhere. She’s mentioned something she shouldn’t have. She looks away from you for a moment as she gathers her thoughts.

She looks at you. “They have not been brought on board as yet. They are being sought and would be present when you do sit down with Mr. Kowalsic. There is a risk to the Masquerade. A witness has seen what they should not. Time is of the essence, and my Sire is coming to us as we speak. You would be charged with relocating to the scene of the Breach, locating the witness and containing any threats to the Masquerade.”

You realize you have a small advantage here. She could answer questions you have before you are together with Dirt Nap and presumably Horatio Quill (although he is Banished to the Barrens, so it is curious how he is going to be looped in). More important- before you face the man himself. Any insecurities or doubts on your task could likely be felt out and smoothed out here and now.

6. Likes , Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward offers John a thin smile as he strides in, he barely glances at the one he had labelled Ghoul. As Isabelle greeted him, Edward waited for a proper address. It never came. His lip twitched with the realization.

He spoke without sitting, "Miss Kowalsic, I don't believe I've made your acquaintance. A good evening to you." His words lacked energy, and from Edward's gaze, he was apparently more interested in studying the room than studying Isabelle. He made his way to his seat slowly. She could learn from Lenora on how a Paige conducts themselves.

Edward did not react to Isabelle's slip, all in attendance that night had heard the banishment, it was hardly news.

"If you would be so kind, Miss Kowalsic, describe, to the best of your knowledge, the events as they occurred." Edward crossed his legs and clasped his hands, eyes resting on Isabelle's.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Miss Isabella studies Edward for a moment. She appears to be thinking. When she does reply, it is slowly, as though she is choosing her words with care.

" I am not an investigator, Mr. Heinrich. I am not released from Manumission.
    My tasks are to determine if you are taking the case. I cannot give you details until you have assured me that you understand what is at stake and understand how you are to investigate. You understand that we can't have this information out there if you are not interested.

Mr. Kowalsic wishes to meet with you and Mr. Dirt Nap to discuss pertinent information. What I do know is that a kine witnessed someone feeding. He's very close mouthed on who which tells me that this is a delicate situation.

You were chosen for your affiliation, among other things. You've been seen speaking with Dirt Nap, so it was thought that you would be able to work together so that you could complement one another.

You are an observant man, Mr Heinrich. "

She smiles politely.
    " You know how Mr. Kowalsic uses my position to maximize his valuable time."

She has informed you that she is acting as a proxy for Mr Kowalsic at the behest of her Sire. What you say and how you act with her are going to be related to Mr. Kowalsic.

She lapses into expectant silence as she looks at you.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"My use of Miss was not accidental, Miss Kowalsic." Did she really not understand the proper address? Obviously, he was aware she was still a Paige. Yet, his tone was gentle, his nerves soothed from finally being addressed.

"On my word, I will resolve the case."

Edward smiled as Isabelle referenced her proxy status. "Indeed. To save time, I recommend not repeating what we both already know, Miss Kowalsic. In the time we have, please tell me what you know of the case, however little. Any information I gain now, is time saved for Minster Kowlsic."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"I heard how you addressed me. Mr. Heinrich.".
    She responds appropriately. Her tone is calm and measured.

"My comment was to the fact that you had asked for details before accepting the case.
    I did not want you to believe that I was trying to be difficult, yet I would not be able to disclose what you were asking for before your pledge.
    I had been charged with asking you certain things."
    She adds emphasis. Then you realize that she had asked you questions in the first words that you had never responded to. There had been a second mention of Dirt Nap and that you had been seen speaking together, an opportunity to affirm if you could work with Dirt Nap or dissuade and clarify if you would not work with him.

She paused for a few moments, perhaps giving you the opportunity to answer her earlier request.
    Her phone beeped a certain trill from inside her purse and she smiled, a sincere smile that touched her eyes.
    " Mr.Kowalsic will be with us momentarily. He will have some questions for you. Now, do you have everything that you need to relocate to the scene if necessary? Do you require any tool

Pls make politics roll

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward had to repress a laugh. What game was this? I say my choice of address was no accident, and she responses with, "I heard you?" Incredible.

"To answer your earlier question, I have spoken with Dirt Nap once." He does not offer his opinion of the Gangrel, it was not asked.

"A study cane would be appreciated but not required." You never knew when things were going to get violent with these matters.

failure

Jennifer Hazelton

“I see.” Her words are clipped.

Her face wrinkles a bit and you detect that she looks offended. You recall how young she is.

"Mr, Heinrich, I am doing my best, but you don't seem to want to speak to me. Have I offended you in some way? We cannot move forward with what happened until Mr. Kowalsic arrives with the information. I am putting together the group to investigate the information as it is relayed to you.

Horatio Quill was supposed to be approached, but he's out of favor. You may have a hard road ahead. The benefits could be astronomical, of course. You want information... let me share what I know from Mr. Kowalsic's behavior. Someone respected has caused this problem, this breach. He's looking for someone who will do the right thing. This could be juggling political issues.
    Would you be comfortable working with Dirt Nap with this?

Ironically, there is an issue in the Barrens. You might be able to use Horatio Quill to investigate it, if you feel you can associate with him and trust him to not violate the Seneschal's edict. Now my Sire will be arriving any moment with the information you need so badly.

Is there anything I can do to assist you?"

The woman looks away from you towards the ghoul in the corner. She raises a hand and he moved to her side immediately, clasping her hand in his own. The speed at which he moves is breath taking, if you breathed. He supports her as she pulls against him, rising with great effort. The ghoul keeps a grip on her hand as she navigates moving around the seated area in short, careful steps. Once the seating area is cleared, she releases the ghoul and turns towards the stairway. Her gaze is expectant.
    It is then that you see the middle of her back bulges outwards. An insensitive person might describe it as a hump. Her clothes have been altered to fall cleanly from the back, allowing her full movement. She walks with a slight dragging of her left foot, but moves easily enough on the open floor plan. She strides to a half wall and bangs a fist into it, causing a hidden panel to open.
    She draws a stout wooden cane out, expertly swinging it in a fist as she turns to face you.
    The woman with a lawyer's grace has some martial experience.

"If its because I did not rise.." Her free hand gestures to her back. "- its not polite to mention the Nosferatu Curse. But I don't want a miscommunication to deprive you of information you are going to need."

She holds the cane in her hand, slowly starting her careful approach back to the seating area.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward waited with patience for Isabelle to finish. "I have no reason to file a complaint on your performance regarding the job. My feelings, of offence or otherwise, are unimportant as they will not affect my performance." It is was unlike him to speak like this. He hated dealing with a lower-ranked proxy for someone higher on the hierarchy. He hated feeling unlike himself. He pressed that down.

"But of course, Dirt Nap is a respected member of the Domain. I have little doubt his unusual perspective will be of benefit. As for Mr. Quilz, I admit reluctance in working with him for a similar reason."

Then, Isabelle put on her little show. Once more, he had to repress laughter. You rose just fine with assistance, Miss Kowalsic, and a such a shame that you do not take advantage of your ailment. He imagined how different the exchange would have been if it started with her rising with difficulty and addressing him properly. The job, Edward. He thinks with force, to return him to the correct track and says only: "allow the subject to depart from your thoughts, my mind is firmly on the matter at hand."

"Your presence would be appreciated, Miss Kowalsic. You possess intimate knowledge of the interests of Mister Kowalsic. I shudder to imagine myself harming one of those interests unwittingly."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread