Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods as Horatio lays out his vision for the Ordo Dracul in Sacramento and reminisces on his war experience. He nods again as Horatio reinforces the dog's training and gives his dog a treat.

He shrugs when Horatio expresses gratitude for Dirt Nap's help. "I have to say, Sir. So far, duty under the new ranking member of the Order is light." Dirt Nap says with a chuckle. "I am still not sure what the Order meant by sending a warrior for what seems to me like a diplomat's job, but lucky for me, I'm not the one in charge who has to worry about things like that."

Dirt Nap pauses and seems to be guaging the night weather or more specifically the wind speed and direction. "Sir. I know my hunting animals, and living more or less in the wild with no real shelter to speak of means I don't have much hospitality to offer." He says. "I can understand why you would want to head to another city nearby until the next Court."

He pauses again and then ventures, "I hope you don't mind if I stick around here. It suits me alright."

2. Likes liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio looks to Dirt Nap and shrugs his shoulders. "I am sure they have their reasons and I most likely will not like them. I'll just have to find you some heavy work then."
    He says the last with a smile and a chuckle as he thinks on the order's reasoning for sending him here without a face to do the social bits with him.
    Horatio eyes the dugout for a minute before shaking his head and looking at the sky. "I don't mind, and it'll due for tonight. I'll back the Jeep up to the area and try to block the entrance some. I have a tarp somewhere I think, should be light neutral color, hopefully not purple."

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, acknowledging hearing his superior's words, and that it is a superior speaking them if nothing else.

He is silent and still, giving no signal as to his thoughts as he is asked no further questions.

Then after a while, after the motor vehicle is covered and somewhat concealed and protected against the elements, Dirt Nap speaks abruptly.

"Sir." He says. "With your permission, I had to wonder about something. I don't mean to be presumptuous, please just tell me it's none of my business if you want, I know it's not." Dirt Nap says in a slow, ambling preamble. "I am wondering if you have the family knack for hiding things." He confesses. "I learned just a little from someone of the same Clan, and it seems real handy for this type of living." Dirt Nap explains.

6. Likes liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio ponders on this for a minute before answering. "I am of the Mekhet, but I have been inducted into a bloodline of an peculiar line. So, no I do not have that talent, but I have others instead." Horatio pauses for a moment while he thinks of a way to describe it. "My bloodline is mostly known as bodyguards, soldiers, assassins or servants."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap ponders his superior's answer. Plain spoken as it is, he has to consider that anything he reveals might be just as much spoken out unvarnished for anyone around to hear.

He nods. "Yes Sir. I don't know that I'm from any particular 'line' at all. Sort of a mutt, I suppose. They say that mutts are healthier than the pure breeds. I wouldn't know myself. I tend to think that how 'healthy' a man is, comes down to his own responsibility and choices." Dirt Nap muses.

Thank you for the scene! Since we have the PrP in progress, do you want to close this one out or keep it going a little more? I have enjoyed it a lot and am fine either way!

10. Likes liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio nods to the words from Dirt Nap. "Yes, they do say that don't they? My sire hinted at something older, more ancient, from ancient Egypt even, but he sadly never got the chance before he went rogue." Horatio looks out onto the night sky for a while before talking. "It's a grave thing to betray everything the way he did, leaves a scar."

Thank you! It has been fun, we could go ahead and end in the next couple posts.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens, really listens. What does Horatio consider his loyalty, his Sworn Oath to be held to? '...betray everything...' he says. Dirt Nap has been asked at Court what the Order values most, and he has said that a literal interpretation of their teachings is to reserve ultimate loyalty to one's own studies and what furthers it most. The leadership and even his peers in the local Chapter of the Order certainly seemed to disagree or at least to believe that blind loyalty to advancing the status and standing of other Order members would be default be the best way to advance one's studies. Quite the contrary, Dirt Nap found political goals, alliances, vendettas and entanglements to all be a detriment to his studies.

"Sir." Dirt Nap says after a long silences. "If I may ask...how did he betray 'everything'? In so many words, I mean."

Okay, you should let me know when you want to close, as Dirt Nap could talk all night when it comes to opportunities for learning about disciplines and coils and such!

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio thinks back to the night in question, and tries to sum it up for Dirt Nap.
    "He killed a Prince, then he went to a facility for the order and stole some research and other secrets. Upon leaving a higher level sworn tried to stop him and was killed for his effort. I was a part of the team to track him done and give out his punishment from the order and domain of the ex-prince."
    Sighing he toys with a zippo from his pocket. "I was the one who made the final blow, like I had told the Seneschal it was a dreadful business. Never found out what it was all about though." Horatio stares at the zippo that has an engraving on it, "Rico, if the Cubs win then Hell will freeze over. Vino"

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap shakes his head at the tale, or the teller. He is quiet for long minutes. Then he ventures, "Something like that...striking down a superior, even when they are deserving it, maybe especially...could make other superiors a little less likely to trust a man, even if he was just following orders." Dirt Nap observes.

He could see where a man could be set up, possibly to be eliminated as an inconvenient, embarrassing loose end, and maybe even a possible danger once that man had seen for himself how his superiors are not omnipotent and infallible, but vulnerable.

The question was, could Horatio see that? Or more important, was Dirt Nap in a position to avoid going down with him, either by helping him to see the trap or by not blindly following into the trap with him.

17. Likes liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

"Maybe or I have unfaltering sense of justice, or loyalty to a group. Either way it was an order I saw that needed doing after I saw the carnage. They wouldn't tell us what the research was about, nor what transpired between the Prince and him. If I had to guess on the documents, maybe something Eastern transcendence and it's relation to the curse or something else about enlightenment." Horatio ponders for a minute. "I do see your point though." Taking a drag from his almost gone cigarette, Horatio makes a smoke ring. "Nevertheless next court I'll be the life of the party." He gives Dirt Nap a humorous grin after the last comment.

Guess we'll end it after your post

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread