Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
Dirt Nap meets with Jennifer (Private)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"You are kind to defend him." Jennifer replied sincerely.
    "Yet I take issue with the idea that he cannot choose to change his attitude to fit Court. Much of my Family, the Nosferatu, have a Curse where we might not be able to socialize in Public, lest we risk breaching the Masquerade. Even those with severe conditions some may call 'deformities' manage to conduct ourselves accordingly. In spite of not being in practice socializing regularly with people outside of Family.

He may be a mighty warrior, a true boon and blessing to your Covenant. Yet if he alienates every non Covenant member he encounters, he does you no service."
    She speaks matter of fact, simply sharing the truth as she sees it.

"Do let me know about it. I would be open to adventuring around elsewhere, if you have a mind to join me. I used to do patrols around the city some eleven years ago." The Lady paused.
    "I wonder - are there recent events might make patrols a good idea?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens, without moving at all, not even to make an expression. Then he nods, "To tell you the truth, Ma'am, Lady Hazelton, I don't really think of it as 'defending him'. I do try to understand a person's perspective, whether they are on my side or not, or whether I'm on their side or not. It tends to come in handy either way." Dirt Nap 'explains.

"Thank you kindly, Ma'am." He says when she talks about adventuring together. "I would be glad to patrol together or explore. Seems like it might be sort of the same thing."

4. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"That is a good outlook, Dirt Nap. So many of us become biased by our Covenants, as it tends to make 'others' into rivals or simply judge them for different beliefs. I have been friendly with Dragons and Unaligned. Kindness from our Kind sticks out to me. I still remember one Nosferatu who gave me Knife lessons to make me less vulnerable. It may have been ten years, but I still have the Knife that he gifted me.

I think being able to see different perspectives is important."
    She believed that she spoke only truths, but she was an Invictus Lady. She was fond of Alice. She possessed biases and they would affect her outlook.

"I do believe you are right. I would be happy to go exploring with you anywhere. I imagine you could protect us." A bit of a teasing tone enters her voice as she watches his face to see if he was receptive or would be alarmed.

"I think I overheard that former Keeper Mable Wood patrols. Madame Wood." She decides on her address for the Gangrel woman. The woman seemed to call people 'Miss' a lot, which the Lady associated with childre still in Manumission or on their sire's coat strings. Yet not every one was well versed on protocol. What madame Wood lacked in protocol or memory of titles, she likely possessed many great or varied skills and abilities.
    "I wonder what she patrols for."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap watches and listens intently as Jennifer Hazelton speaks. He focuses on the words, not the tone which could be off-putting and misleading. Knife fighting. And she has the knife still, probably on her person. She goes around armed. That shouldn't be a surprise. He wonders about the relationship to the man, 'he' who taught her, and how she talks about him in the past tense. There's more there than he can figure out, and he isn't about to ask, neither. Not really any of his business.

He nods when Jennifer Hazelton talks about the value of being able to see different perspectives. She talks about being friendly with Dragons and unaligned. Interesting examples.

Dirt Nap actually chuckles softly when Jennifer Hazelton says she imagines he could protect her, no, she says 'us'.

"Well, Ma'am, I have been known to feel protective towards a lady a time or two." He says. "In my experience, the ladies ended up doing more to protect me than I did for them, but I do try." He thinks of the time he was on the hunt for renegade ghouls that were catching and draining kindred, how the Priscus of the Mekhet seemed such a frail thing, and yet her admittedly untrained attacks made all the difference when he was about to be staked.

"I do try not to sell anybody short, lady or man." He muses. He wonders if his impulse to see things from another perspective comes across as polite and mannerly when to him it's practicality and threat assessment.

"I never asked her, Ma'am, Lady Hazelton." Dirt Nap says when she asks, no just says that she wonders, what Mable is looking out for when she patrols.

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer smiles sincerely at Dirt Nap's chuckle. It was nice to see.
    "I have noticed we have a few ladies in town who are able to pack a punch." She states. "I think we should make a date to patrol together." The Lady proposes.

"I've recorded everything that you owe, so you are all caught up in that. I wouldn't mind hearing some of our more recent history in Sacramento. I rather enjoyed being Reeve's assistant if just to see what was going on in the city. Although I am thankful everything is stable."

A testament to the Prince and the Archon, she thinks. Her ambitious mind also churns: Yet do they needed Primogen to assist? Something to consider once her large goal was attained, she chides herself.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Bump Ruach "Bump" this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is still for a while. As if perhaps pondering. Then he says, "I wonder. If you don't mind my asking, what would we be patrolling for?" He asks, "I mean, Ma'am, Lady Hazelton, is there anything in particular you'd be intending to look out for?"

Dirt Nap nods and says, "Thank you kindly, Ma'am, Lady Hazelton. I appreciate it."

When Jennifer Hazelton asks about the recent history in the city, Dirt Nap nods appreciatively. "I gotta say, I have a lot of gaps in what I know about recent times myself, Ma'am."

He pauses and then says, "When I left there was a bunch of my order and a bunch of people in charge of different things, and when I came back after just a month or two, they were all gone." He shakes his head in wonder.

12. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considers the question.
    " There was some problems a bit ago. We could patrol to ensure that there are no other threats." The Nosferatu suggested.

She took in about what happened to those who had been apart of his order.
    " Sacramento has been a city with many kindred who travel. I had been here for a bit, some years ago. People would be here for a bit and then move on without much warning, or as much as leaving a forwarding address.
    I did want to speak to you about your interests. I am trying to study different aspects of the occult.
    Most of my study is about different abilities that kindred possess. I research what blood rituals ancient humans have practiced in the past. I was curious if you think you and I could speak about our different interests. Perhaps when we meet up for our patrol later in the week. The dawn approaches soon."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods at the mention of "...problems a bit ago...", accepting that if they patrol together, he'll get more details as needed. He trusts Jennifer Hazelton as much as any of his kind.

He listens intently, still and not even breathing as Jennifer lays out her experience and interest, and then she asks him something. Sharing knowledge is a thing he's generally in favor of, but now he has a superior.

"Thank you, Ma'am, Lady Hazelton." Dirt Nap says, sounding genuinely surprised, honored and grateful!

"I would, generally be up for learning and sharing too." Dirt Nap says, cautiously. "Of course anything having to do with details of my Order...would need to go by my superior. And, of course my relations would have something to say about the things that are family secrets. That could leave some room for general conversation that could be interesting." He offers.

He pauses, and then says, "My particular interest for now, is about how to find particular places with particular qualities. There is a special way, that depends on something I already know, about how to sleep comfortable in uncomfortable places, but also needs another speciality, about noticing things that are hard to notice. Ma'am, I wonder if that's a thing you might know about, and be willing to teach me, for whatever seems fair to you?"

Thank you so much for the amazing scene! I am up for more scenes whenever you like and are able! This was great fun! Sorry to throw out an IC question right at the end, if you end up closing and maybe responding at another time, that would totally work for me!

16. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I can't expect Order secrets." Jennifer is quick to assure.
    "I would never ask you to jeopardize your loyalty to your Order. I cannot tell anything of my mystical compacts that I do or any information about the Invictus, so I would never expect you to share secrets." She is sincere as she speaks. "I do know how to hide things," Jennifer admits. "I relied on this Gift quite a bit when I was younger. It is quite handy to have. I will be glad to teach you this whenever you have time.

You could teach me something you know in turn. I am always looking to learn new things."
    She rises. "I quite lost track of time, you need to get someplace safe before the dawn. I had a wonderful time, Dirt Nap." She smiles sincerely. "I hope that we do it again soon."

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread