Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Dirt Nap meets with Jennifer (Private)

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

The address you are given lead you to what appears to be in a residential area in town. It’s a middle-class neighborhood: the houses are too run-down to be a bland suburbia, but it’s quiet and clean. You are admitted at the door by Jennifer. There are no pins composed of precious stones in sight, tonight. A navy-blue scarf, a light blue blouse and a pair of jeans is the ensemble tonight.

"Hello, Dirt Nap," She greets. "Please come in."

The home appears to be a rental. It is furnished in light honey wood tones and subtle light blues and greens. The home lacks the small details of a home that is lived in. Any scrutiny reveals it lacks the security measures one would take in a haven. This is not a Haven, but some meeting place. There is a dining room in sight, a long wooden table spread with some flowers. A glance at the accessories and decorative pieces suggests the flowers are being arranged into a decoration.

Jennifer leads the way into the main room off of the entry way. There is a window with heavy blue curtains drawn, concealing the outside. Two small electric lights are set in end tables in the corner of the room, providing just enough light. The sitting area is composed of a leather love seat against the window. Facing the love seat are a pair of dark blue arm chairs in birch veneer. A low coffee table squats in the center, complete with a small zen sand box and a wicker tray. The tray holds a few ink pens and a case of fine paper kept in a small protective box. Jennifer gestures to the seating arrangements.

"Please, make yourself comfortable."
    Jennifer takes her seat in one of the blue arm chairs. The Nosferatu studies Dirt Nap for a moment.
    "You said it was business? Please feel free to elaborate.”
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap wings his way to the area not long after the sun sets at eight thirty three. An anonymous, unremarkable blackbird lands on an eve and looks around alertly. It flutters down into a darkened alley without benefit of functioning light.

It is some minutes later when Dirt Nap emerges from the same alleyway wearing a clean gingham work shirt with a collar and clean denim work jeans and boots and a cowboy hat not faded by any sunlight. He smells fresh, not at all like a stable.

He makes his way directly to the door by the correct address. He knocks softly and quietly murmurs a single word, "Clay." He assumes preternatural hearing will allow whoever might be inside to make it out.

"Thank you kindly, Ma'am, Lady Hazelton." Dirt Nap says softly as he acts on Jennifer Hazelton's invitation and enters, glancing around without comment or expression.

Given his choice, apparently, of where to sit, Dirt Nap chooses the other chair. He is silent as still as Jennifer Hazelton studies him, glancing around some more himself.

When she speaks, he listens. Then he is quiet and still another minute.

"Well Ma'am, Lady Hazelton." Dirt Nap says, "I got told that if I wanted to make sure to get some boons that I owe on the record, you would be the one I should talk to." He explains.

4. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Yes, I am the one who records boons. " She inclines her head in a slight nod.
    "Notaries are a bit of truth recorders. I personally believe in holding to truthful recording. Some Notaries get into becoming Harpies, but I find that shaded by popular opinion by far. Back to your boon ... What has occurred?" She requests.

She speaks conversationally, at ease.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, stops cold, and tries very hard to gather his thoughts and answer as completely as possible. Truthfulness is a given, for him.

"Well Ma'am, Lady Hazelton." Dirt Nap says, pondering, then proceeding with speech that sounds perhaps rehearsed and practiced. "I messed up the very first time I was here at Court, and owe the Prince a minor boon." He confesses. "I accidentally called her by a title in a way that was an insult."

"I misspoke another time, also at Court and owe a minor boon to Garrett Prosper for insulting him, though I guess he's long gone now..." Dirt Nap muses.

After another pause, Dirt Nap says, "I offered a minor boon to the last Sheriff, who went by 'Derek' to teach me Obfuscate. He accepted, and then later decided he wanted to be my student in my Order, in hopes of taking the Coils of the Dragon to be able to shut down a frenzy whenever it happened no matter what, but if he comes back and claims it, I will be good for the minor boon."

He concludes, "I offered a minor boon to you, Lady Hazelton for ignorantly trespassing in the Clan's lands, underground. You accepted, Ma'am, but for someone else. You didn't mention who. Since then, Seneschal Hart let me know it was her, and asked to come on the exploration of the Underground, though I told her it hardly seemed like a favor to her, and I didn't see as how I could have said no anyways, and it still does seem like I get more out of her coming than she does."

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer ran a mental tab over the trespasses as Dirt Nap accounts. The list of people who were no longer here began to be tallied and Jennifer smoothly picks up one of the smooth sheets of fine paper, making a small note of 'to Garret Prosper' and a second line of Sheriff Derek of ...
    "Sheriff Derek was of the line Nosferatu or Mekhet?" She inquired.

The Notary held the sheet and attended Dirt Nap's words. On another sheet she expressed the minor boon to the Prince, her Excellency, Prince Alessandra Antinori of the line Gangrel.
    The next line was Seneschal Alice Hart, Keeper of the Necropolis, of the line Nosferatu.
    These sheets would be recorded into her proper leather-bound book. Yet other things were recorded there, boons and secrets she had no right to tell to Dirt Nap by even risking a glance upon the pages. She held closely to the belief that no one had the right to know another’s trespasses, not if the Kindred were holding themselves to the correct form. More than one clever Kindred had negotiated a boon from someone, only to use it to keep that Kindred on the line of extending polite courtesy as holding one's boon demanded.

Not that Dirt Nap would, she reflected, studying him for a minute. Some would eagerly gobble up secrets or look for grudges between Kindred to exploit. Not this one, she considered.
    “I neglected to mention I was accepting for Al- Seneschal Hart?” She shook her head slightly.
    “That was a mistake on my part, I apologize, Dirt Nap. I should have been clearer. As she is the Keeper of the Necropolis, any trespass to the Family property would be paid to her. I respect her devotion and dedication to our Necropolis.”

A slip of the tongue in how she referred to Alice for a moment, she noted. She was growing more comfortable with Dirt Nap. It was likely that his honesty reminded her so much of her own vow to be honest in her dealings. If she was loose of tongue, her title of function and the honor to perform it could be stripped away. She reminded herself to be firmer in attending correct speech. The Nosferatu straightened her spine, clothing herself in the dignity of Lady to help her. It had been a change – ten years ago she had come here a neonate, and now was learning proper conduct. She would not want Dirt Nap to think she did not respect Alice when in fact, she respected her clan sister a great deal.
    “I’m most interested in looking into what you are looking for, while we’re on the subject.”
    She glanced down over the boons recorded, and it looked complete except the one curiosity on the line of the former Sheriff.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap pauses as if remembering, and then after a long moment, he says, "Mekhet." in a decisive tone. He nods a moment later and says, "I'm sure of it."

Dirt Nap appears not to notice that Jennifer almost used the Seneschal's name. He nods and says, "You might have mentioned it, Ma'am, Lady Hazelton. I have been known to miss a thing now and then." He admits ruefully.

Dirt Nap takes a breath and sighs when Jennifer asks or rather expresses a desire to know what his intentions and goals are for exploring the Underground. "I suppose it was a bit of a forlorn hope." He says. "I am interested in exploring, and learning in general, and seeing as how I don't have much of a gift for book learning anymore, not being in the line I am, I tend to learn the most by going and trying something for myself." He says, pondering as he slowly speaks. "I had thought to find a special place, of power, valuable to my Order. There's a rank that you can only get in certain ways, that trumps any amount of learning in my Order. I had hoped to find one of these places, and get that rank, so when someone came from my Order, I'd have some independence no matter who they were. Now though, there's already someone here of that higher rank that I am going to have to answer to, and I promised that whatever we find will be the property of the Nosferatu, but I learned that the rank doesn't just depend finding a place, but controlling it. So that's not a thing I'm going back on a promise for, no matter what."

He looks at Jennifer, "Like I said, I do miss things sometimes; now I am thinking it's a long shot to get the kind of knowledge that would get me the rank I hoped for, and it's looking like it's too late besides. I waited too long."

12. Likes , liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I hope that I did." Jennifer replied with a smile.

"Is this special place a time limited occurrence?" She wondered. "Perhaps there is a way for you to 'control' the node with out needing the Necropolis' involvement. Perhaps it is not in the Nosferatu territory at all. We cannot be sure until we search for it. I know that I would be curious what might be Underground."
    She gave an impish smile.

"But I won't wrest your locale away from you if it is out of our territory," She teases.

"Ah, so Mr. Quill is your superior?"

14. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens, completely still with no involuntary reflexive nods or sounds. He nods when Jennifer Hazelton smiles, "Thank you, Lady Hazelton." He says, acknowledging her kind intent. "No, no time limit per se." He says. "From the sound of it, I didn't understand that there were any parts of the underground out of your Clan's territory, Ma'am."

He nods once, stoically. "Yes, he is my superior in the Order by way of being what we call Sworn. That trumps any amount of learning." Dirt Nap explains.

Dirt Nap smiles slightly, "I am looking forward to the exploration, whether I get anything from it beside learning, or not." He says.

16. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"That's unfortunate. " Jennifer remarked.
    "He made a very poor impression. To be honest, he had started the right way with me. He paid me appropriate respect. If he had kept on that foot... I care about your standing, Dirt Nap."
    An odd thing to confide, she was aware some may think so. But she was sincere.

"To be honest, I was annoyed with how he spoke to my Family. Seneschal Alice deserves respect. If you are looking for any advice on how he can recover with appropriate apology to her, I could offer advice."
    "I hope that you have a good exploration, Dirt Nap. I admit, I have fallen for our Underground Kingdom." She speaks possessively of the Nosferatu land.
    "I would be happy to explore alongside you. Learning for learnings sake is always something I enjoy."

A pity it wouldn't help him rise in his Order, though. She preferred Dirt Nap to the other.

18. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap takes a conscious breath and sighs. He answers relatively quickly, for him. Apparently he's either more relaxed speaking freely with Lady Hazelton without his customary long, thoughtful pause, or else he's already thought about this particular answer quite a bit, perhaps even rehearsed it a bit. "It's not really his fault, Ma'am, Lady Hazelton." Dirt Nap says. "The Order sent him, his kind being a warrior and all, into a situation that rightly calls for a diplomatic type." He admits. "I can't imagine what they're thinking."

Dirt Nap nods at Jennifer Hazelton's objection to Horatio's manners and behavior. "That's the warrior in him coming out, I expect." He says. "In a battle, not giving an inch and giving the enemy your all even in your words is generally a good thing."

Dirt Nap does pause for a long while then, and finally says, "I suppose those kind of habits are difficult to turn off when the situation needs more of a caution and gentlemantly approach."

Dirt Nap does manage a slight smile when Jennifer Hazelton expresses her fascination with the Underground, and her affinity for exploring and learning alongside him. "Thank you kindly, Ma'am, Lady Hazelton. It would be a pleasure. A real, genuine pleasure."

20. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread