Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Necropolis Now

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice take the moment to consider, to weigh the words as they should be. They were Nosferatu, "I would be honoured to know whatever it is that you would wish to tell me." she says, a smile too sharp, and too-too-fake upon her lips.

Stilling her feet, she listens. Head tilted, strings pulled taut and loose, as the Doll give her serpent voiced Cousin all of her attention. Hers was a story that Alice had heard in variations of the Haunts for years now.

"I'm glad you've found that strength. Your voice might be what the Blood has Cursed, but it is your voice and it is lovely." she says, knowing the cadence of the slithering snake in the grass vocals, the shiver that scatters up and down her back to hear her Cousin speak, but it was Jennifer's voice, and there was nothing wrong with that. "Family first." Other Clans might play at being bound and familial, but they weren't Nosferatu. They didn't understand like Nosferatu.

Alice laughs, hollow and empty at the sudden verve, "I haven't really tried, but I know the signal's weak underground, but that's to be expected. We can always fix something up, like you've said." She continues to loose a giggle as Jennifer continues.

"I'll put them out before dawn. I have a candle snuffer, it's on a very long poll. But there's a fire extinguisher by that corner, there." Alice points to an out of the way alcove, with a sheer curtain drawn closed over the portal. "Safety first, hm?" she shakes her head, jerking and stings pulled. The movements more obvious now, as the Doll wasn't concentrating on limiting them for an Aboveground audience....and their comfort.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

2. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Thank you. It did take time, but I am glad that I did have confidence to not be shamed of my Curse."
    Jennifer is relaxing, and noticing the artifice of the Doll more. She is glad that Alice is comfortable with her, and glad that they had their own place to be comfortable here.
    Jennifer gives a self conscious laugh.

"I apologize for basically accusing you of negligence. I have perhaps a touch of paranoia. I stayed with a House composed of two Mekhet, and an extinguisher was hidden in every room. It must have rubbed off on me."

"I plan on fixing up a Hub down here. I am unsure how long it will take. I will get it done, though. Likely after making sure I spend as much time getting security up to where we are happy with it. I will get the heavier chains and the locks that are harder to pick up before I leave tonight, wherever you think they are needed.

I want to take an active part in maintaining our Necropolis. I may rest here for the Day, if that is alright, Keeper. I would have more time to devote to clearing pathways and checking for any places that need additional maintenance."
    She leans back a bit, studying the light reflected on the water as she relaxes. Studying their feet.

"I have always been fascinated by this place. I wish I knew its' history, I was a bit intimidated by the others... who came before and their claim here."

Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"There is no shame in...how long it takes to feel comfortable by what the Blood has done to us. It's only been recently....if you can count the scant time I remember before the jaws...being forced into Torpor, and now, for me to ...hum." she kicks her legs again, "Give a giant fuck you, to the other Clans. I am me, and there is nothing wrong with that."

It was the reason she'd stopped covering up, no more long sleeves, and no more sunglasses, at least at Court. She was still thinking about glass eyes, for when she wasn't around Kindred. There was only so much her simple deterrents could do.

She shakes her head, strings pulled and jerking, "No, I understand. It's not only the Shadows that feel fire's hunger, even if the flames seem to wish to consume the Mekhet the fastest." she says, mind more on David Silver, and how the fire burned him, and how he had gone back to giving his sermon that Solstice.

"As long as someone puts in effort to maintain or make the Necropolis flurish, that person can stay here during the day. If you wanted you could even create a Sepulchre." Alice offered, feeling Gilroy's words or at least sentiments pass her lips. "A few years ago, when Asa Clarke was still Prince. The underground, was a Regency. We Called it the Deep Kingdom. We held Formal Court, and all were in awe....now..." she gestures, Hazelton had seen what remained of the Necropolis even with Alice's best efforts. "We rebuild." more a whisper, "Better security, actual wifi, heh." a nod towards her technologically inclined Cousin, "From what I know, this place isn't the original Necropolis, but a new one carved out first by Gilroy, and Garrick, maintained by me...and aided by others. I was here, four years....? Ago, and the Caldarium was a couple of cinder blocks and a plank of wood for benches. Before there was water, pools..." Alice trails off, lost to memories.

5. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"I like that," Jennifer smiles sincerely. She almost regrets breaking the Doll's concentration on memories. "A fuck you to the other Clans. Seem we have to do enough assimilation, up there."

She has noticed the Doll's mannerisms seem to come more naturally down here. More Doll - like, yet more Alice. How she was meant to be, without needing to fold into proper behavior among the other Clans. Jennifer feels herself growing more at ease with each passing moment.

"I like it here. " She admits, freely. "I would be happy to maintain what I can. I would like to take on the security aspects. I have done some research online. I will continue to expand on our efforts."
    Jennifer nods slightly as Alice shares history to show that she is actively listening to the Nosferatu. She turns her head to study the room, imagining how it had been in the past. All of Alice's hard work to elevate it from that was appreciated.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

I"m so, so, so sorry for the wait!

"It's the truth." she whispers, though she knows that while she is more comfortable with her Curse and not allowing the other Clans to force shame through her, she also knows that there wasn't a truly safe place for them but beneath the earth. With their own Blood. She - they - cannot be as free as now, and so. Decorum, politeness, rules. It keeps the Nosferatu safe.

Was that why Jennifer because one of the First?
    was that why alice was thinking of abandoning her gods in obvious worship

After a moment. Acknowledging her thoughts and carving them from her she nods, jerking, strings pulled. Head bobbling alone, strings falling loose and taut.

"That's music to my ears Cousin. I will of course continue to build up and maintain the Necropolis as much as I am able."

8. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread