(PRP) Dark Rites of Summer

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The Freehold was beset on all sides!

Troubles from the San Francisco Freehold! Iron Meg; Queen Anne; the Orchard; The Huntsman! Ripple effects cause by the failure of the Courts and the cycle of the year!

What was needed?

A patrol, thats what! Something to show the Freehold had not dissolved completely. A sign of strength in a time of weakness. A simple act to demonstrate that something was being done. That is what was needed!

And so - they gathered in the carefully manufactured greenery of the parkland that surrounded the Funderland amusement park. Four Changeling's going on patrol.

James Turner Shane LadySin Yamiyo Lillich Origins Circe Coco Cayce your Adventure begins here.

Please include any equipment in your starting posts. I'll give you a couple of rounds to meet up and work out which general direction you head in.

2. Likes Origins, liked this post
    Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    (Perfect grace and klutziness)
    Mantle (spring)
    (Fresh scent of roses, vanilla and cinnamon.)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.
    Long well managed hair, agile and dextrous but also slightly klutzy.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

Hedgespun AnkleBracelet (●)
    + 1 Defense
    Mask: Sturdy glistering silver chain with a pagan knot emblem on it.
    Mien: As if woven by the wind itself.

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mask: Choker.
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Small shield: +1 defense, +2 during dodge.
    Lockpicks: +3
    Mirror
    Smartphone - oneplus 7 256gb
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    A combined personal attack alarm/watch/flashlight - waterproof 160 decibel
    Pepper Spray
    Stun Gun (compact blue streetwise)
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Health: 7
    Defense:
    Base: 2,
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2
    Total standard: 4/5
    Contract: 6/7
    Dodge: +2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Succubus / Incubus Romancer

Being a walker that was used to have no times to follow she was an expert in either being late or overly early today was apparently the early kind. Getting to the meeting point before anyone else, sitting down to wait for the others.
    She had chosen to dress for the occasion, practical footwear, clothes that were easy to move in not that her normal clothing choices were ones that were hard to move in though but at least her shoes were a more sensible choice this time around.
    Leaning back to calmly wait, her little heart pounding she could not ignore that she was a bit afraid but hopefully she could prove to be of use and do something to be of help.

Pushing her sunglasses up, feeling the canteen in her belt and waiting to see who else would show up.

Small shield (worn on her right arm).
    Mirror
    Smartphone
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Purse
    A little makeup
    Water canteen filled with water
    sunglasses
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Jun 14th, 2020 at 10:25 AM.
    Succubus/Romancer Base mien

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe adjusted the belt beneath her grey trench coat. It was difficult since one hand was occupied hiding the shotgun so it didn't poke out the coat's outline. She really needed to buy more tactical gear. It would make things much easier. Or just invite folks to her Hollow for the next trip, she'd have gifts for them.

Because then she could take time to make a shit weapon for anyone that didn't have anything. So who was here? Oh it was Yamiyo. Circe walks over to her lifting her free hand, exposing the the shotgun and suit beneath, "Sup Yammy, ya the first one here? Gah," she fluffs out the trench coat, "I am not keeping this damn thing on fer long."

Wait, she had a shield? Cool. Did she have a sword to go with it? "So where's the sword fer yer shield? Machetes are pretty cheap ya know."

Gear
    Grey trench coat. Reinforced black fabric skin suit and thin kevlar vest, thigh pack, tactical belt, fanny pack. 4 meal bars, canteen of water, 2 half pint tequila bottle, 2 LED flashlights, box of matches, grill starter fluid, holster with colt pistol plus 3 clips and 20 loose rounds, shotgun with strap plus 20 shells, knee high hiking boots, thigh sheathed knife, lockpicks, hedgespun multitool, 1 mini roll of duct tape.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes Shane, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Well, well, if it isn't the beautiful daughter," Coco quipped as she strolled up, wearing a black, chiffon high-low top, a pair of white short shorts, and running shoes. Not the most glamorous attire, but they were going to be acting as glorified security guards (well, she was glorified, the rest of them...).

Oh, and she had her sunglasses on, of course. They were oversized, and fabulous, and helped shield her eyes from the glare of the antediluvian horror that people called the sun.

"If I wasn't familiar with horror movies, I would suggest we split up to cover more ground, but I suspect if anything does happen, it'll be quite obvious, so we might as well stick as a group."

She twirled her cane, confident that the wax seal and the internal twist-lock would keep everything as it should be, and tucked it beneath her arm like a baton as she turned to scan their surroundings.

Coco has her hedge-spun sword cane, sunglasses, and a burner phone.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

8. Likes , Shane, Yumyumcrow, Origins liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John wasn't exactly a survival expert, a dabbler at best and only so he could make use of the Hedge with its hidden horrors and bounties. Patrolling the hedge was always a necessity though and he was always there to help do what was required, he might not be a hunter but his jittery nature usually left him well aware of his surroundings.

He was sipping a thermos of coffee as he approached the group with a sigh. "I understand why we have to do this now but I don't like it. Rather wait for the sun to set." He shrugged, he had a backpack over his back, faded jeans, an equally faded AFI t-shirt, and he too was wearing sunglasses still trying to shake the sleep from his bones.

Taking a sip of coffee noticing Yamiyo had a shield but no apparent weapon, he knew Coco was armed with her cane, and apparently Circe was going to war. Summer. Makes sense. Seeing the arsenal he tapped at his waist making sure his knife was still there, it was.

"Shall we? We should probably hit the major paths and dip off course if we see anything strange. I think." Another sip of his thermos as he held his hand to his mouth and muffled a yawn.

Equipment: Survival Knife, Backpack, Rope, multi-tool, emergency blanket, road flares, full zippo, 3 packs of cigarettes, sunglasses, 6 granola bars, and a flashlight

Goes by the name: John

10. Likes Origins, , , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    (Perfect grace and klutziness)
    Mantle (spring)
    (Fresh scent of roses, vanilla and cinnamon.)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.
    Long well managed hair, agile and dextrous but also slightly klutzy.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

Hedgespun AnkleBracelet (●)
    + 1 Defense
    Mask: Sturdy glistering silver chain with a pagan knot emblem on it.
    Mien: As if woven by the wind itself.

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mask: Choker.
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Small shield: +1 defense, +2 during dodge.
    Mirror
    Smartphone - oneplus 7 256gb
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    A combined personal attack alarm/watch/flashlight - waterproof 160 decibel
    Pepper Spray
    Stun Gun (compact blue streetwise)
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Health: 7
    Defense:
    Base: 2,
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2
    Total standard: 4/5
    Contract: 6/7
    Dodge: +2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Succubus / Incubus Romancer

Looking at the shotgun with big eyes.
    "Sorry I am not much of a fighter at all, I can wield a shield for defense but when it comes to battle I am dead weight I am afraid. I hope I can be of use in some way at least but I have neither the strength nor the skill to wield a sword I am afraid." Nor did she own any weapons or armor, she had thought about looking into getting mace or a stun gun though but that was kinda it.

Looking down as Coco arrived, she was still rather nervous around her and not knowing how to act. Damn should she maybe leave no she needed to be of use here.
    Standing up, dusting herself of and softly speaking.
    "Hi Coco hope all is well with you fair lady." Fair lady damn she could feel herself starting to slip into her studied persona.

Nodding towards the winter in a sign of agreement still not sure where they stood but to bring that up now would just stand the potential of causing needless arguments. Waiting to follow the group, to learn and see what she could help with and hopefully so would they all come back alive and she would see where she could improve to be a little better next time and then again the time after that.

Adjusting her hair and looking a bit of partially from her worries of John but mostly she just had a hard time being around Coco at least the summer Queen was here that was a relief she was a strong and funny woman a perfect combination right now.
    "Well noble Queen I guess we should follow you in this endeavor."
    Succubus/Romancer Base mien

12. Likes , Origins, , Shane, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

"If we stop fer a rest, whittling a club wouldn't be too hard with Thorn branches," Circe offered to Yamiyo. Because club was a very basic thing.

"Genre savvy?"
    she looks over to Coco with a smile, "I approve Coco," the craftswoman in her lets her eye the cane before nodding approval, "Good quality work. Hope ta see it in action."

Her nose twitches at John's approach, smelling his beverage before anything else. If John got lost she'd have a better chance of finding him by that smell then anything else. "Shit, I really need a tac-pack so I can carry coffee. Ahem, welcome Johnny and good plan."

Circe takes off the trench coat to fold it up as she heads for the Gate, "See Yammy ya know the basics of gun safety, never step in front of active barrel," the coat is folded revealing her unique armored suit and various packs. Circe hefts up the shotgun and prepares to open the gate. "North, South, East, West?" The jovial tone is gone for something actually serious, "Which direction first when I open the Gate?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

14. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Oh, we're going Over the Garden Wall?" Coco asked, looking mildly surprised. "I thought this was just to patrol the park. But no matter. I'll just get rid of this..."

The wasp broke off, slipping her phone out of her pocket and dropping it on the ground. She then proceeded to slam the end of her cane down onto it, a satisfying crunch and crackle echoing as the little flip phone was destroyed, and then Coco popped her cane back up under her arm.

"Well. Can I borrow a sip of water, Miyo? Then I should be good to set off. Wherever, it doesn't matter."
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

16. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"I'll trust our Summer Queen to lead the way, I'm just here to play look out." He offered a small smile to the Queen and gave the thermos a shake before extending it out to her. "Don't go crazy, didn't pack extra but that's a good idea for the future. It is far to early for me so let's start walking before I need a nap." The point emphasized with another yawn.

Goes by the name: John

18. Likes , Origins liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The group gather and hover around while Circe slips into her armour. Coco receives water, the cooling draught tainted somewhat from the canteen*

When the Crimson Courtier is ready, she hefts her might shotgun and proceeds...

The chosen Gate is away from the usual spots closer to Funderland: an alcove framed by some spindly trees and shrubs that have been left to grow a little too wild. As the Gate opens the mass of growth seems to telescope away from their perspective, forming a verdant tunnel that appears to head in a singular, northern, direction.

The Gate leads - or perhaps forms is a better term - a narrow path through the Thorns. Sharp edged vegetation coils about them threateningly, yet is unable to harm any of them due to Circe's blasting mantle. In her wake, the ambient heat she leaves behind is tempered by James Turner wintry mantle, where the scent of roses and pollen from the two Emerald Courtiers is baked in.

The path is narrow and treacherous but fortunately not very far. Soon the group find themselves emerging at a curious cross roads: they can go north, east, west, south or south east; the southern path leads directly back along the trail they had come. The paths to the north and south east are as narrow and as treacherous as the way leading from the Hedge Gate. The east and west trails are much larger and appear to be much more recent: the Hedge along these routs has been seared and chopped back brutally.

The Hedge rustles and creaks around them.

A glow can be seen through the thickening walls of the Hedge to the south east. This glow does not emanate from the south-east trail, but flickers through from the deeper Hedge itself.

What do you do?

*We seem to be slowing so I've noted the action in the narrative while leaving it open whose canteen Coco uses.

@Origings please mark off 1 Glamour to open the Gate in your next post.

Side note: I believe Yamiyo Lillich forgot to mention her Choker and hedgespun bracelet in her post. Just noting them here for ease.

20. Likes , Origins, liked this post
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread