The temperature hovered at just above 50 degrees Fahrenheit. The Nosferatu preferred this season, her navy-blue scarf was fashionable and practical. She was dressed in her college student persona – affordable jeans, a new jacket from Getta Clue urban outfitter (isn’t the name precious?) and ankle length boots she had worn for two seasons. Just enough wear to say ‘college student’, not quite enough to be moved to the ‘street person’ section of her closet. She wasn’t on the street tonight. Her laptop was set on a low table, a steaming reusable coffee cup with a locking lid beside it. Some might risk a spill, but she was not those folks. Her dead skin was infused with blood tonight, looking very alive.

“Hey, good to see you.” He breathed a tad nervously, sliding into the chair across from her with his own laptop and overpriced drink. She watched it with some wariness to see it was also in a reusable cup – good. He had listened to her request demand.
“Good to see you, Daren.” A smile, a look into the eyes. She practiced these things that made Kine ‘sincere’ and not ‘scary predator’. These college students were great for these practices. A herd member was bonus. “Did you look at what I sent over?”
“Yeah! It was good. That one script, tho’. It was kinda old?” A quick catch and nervous glance to her. “Or classic- “
“Old isn’t obsolete all of the time,” She said gently, the smile gone. The tone was not stern for the old comment, she chose generous. “- but its’ okay to say so, if it is. Honesty is the best policy, Darren. I wanted to see what you had to show me. You said you had something?”
“Yeah, you’ll like it.” A pen drive was passed over. “I worked on it with the crew for a bit. You going to come by sometime?”
“Yes.” Jennifer promised, sliding her laptop into its’ protective case and then into her messenger bag. “Let’s get out of here.”

The boy is eager to move to her ‘college apartment’. Jennifer is happy to look over his codes for a bit, adding some to her own script library. Constant innovation was needed, even if trading was her idea of good form. She was going to have to schedule some time to work if one of her bits was ‘kinda old’. So many tasks…
Within an hour, she’s managed to discreetly feed while giving the impression he’s favored in her herd. Maintaining her herd was essential, she considered as he lazed in the couch. Her alert buzzed on her phone: time to move him to cab off to his own place and for her to drive to her own Haven. A fleeting thought occurred to her to find a more central location and eliminate the lengthy walk or drive with its twists to check an overzealous Kine isn’t on the trail. A goal for another night, she thought as she added it to her Goals. Happily, sated, she could continue her research on mystical properties of the Blood.