Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

Reading the name and looking back at the girl.
    "Eight? What does that stand for? Shouldn't you just be Julie or Jules?" Wait what did she say? "It can affect your beauty and health? Hmm maybe we should get together sometime and you can read me some books and tell me more about these things what do you say? I can teach you how to throw a knife or shoot an arrow once I make a new bow to if you like?"

Gahh this was annoying.
    "I do not mind fish or any animal I have caught and devoured them all even birds when times demanded it but I do not like fakes it is a matter of principle not taste to be honest." Looking over the burgers carefully, smelling them until she finally decided on the juiciest one, took it and slowly starts eating it, she wasn't big so she didn't need much that was a help but she still liked meat.

"Well SC if you say so but then we still need to start with the knives at least I will not start with the arrows I just thought a calm start might be better then again I would honestly be a worse shot with a gun than a bow to be honest, I know I haven't proved it yet but my skills are really not half bad if I can say so myself." She may not be Robin Hood but she sure could hit her mark at least.

Looking Kaze over.
    "Hey I am grooming you to be a good husband material here and rule number one no damn none meat stuff proper and real meat from real animals ok?" Well she wasn't but at this point they seemed to be able to joke about it at least.

Looking over at Adi or Aurora or Madison as she speaks, help with love hmm that could be interesting did she need it though? Nahh she was doing perfectly fine in that part of her life wonder how it could help though? Her gaze going over to Mobius.
    "If it can aid with love so let me know about it could be interesting to meet some tall dark stranger or short and cute or well anyone that is kind and likes to cuddle to be honest." Yes she was so picky, kind and likes to cuddle were all her criteria a very long list.

2. Likes liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

"For sure." she responds to Kaze, "I can sport a pantsuit with the best of 'em." Real estate wasn't her expertise per se, but she had a feeling any big fancy building would be quite pricey. "You in the market for an office building?" she asked, a little amused.

He then asks about her space, "I just have a little apartment, at the moment. You can try to work things at any scale, but yeah, the bigger the space the more you can impact."

The questions kept coming from Aurora, she seemed genuinely interested. Mobius could relate to the other woman's sleep trouble, there was plenty to stay up worrying about. She was surprised when Aurora asks about love, "If you can think of it, Feng Shui can help. Supposedly." she couldn't say she had much personal success so far though. "Most aspects of your life are connected, so helping to improve your environment and your well-being will help with your interpersonal relationships, don't you think?"

To Skye she answers, "It's uh, just a little signature. It'll help you remember who it is." She smiles. The 8 was easier than looking for the infinity emoji. "But you can change it to whatever you want." Skye definitely sounded like she was the outdoorsy type, or at least she talked the talk, definitely opposite her own interests. "I don't know if you should trust me tossing sharp things around, someone might get hurt." she chuckles, picturing herself losing a toe or a finger.

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Paintballs might not be bad for drills, honestly practicing with an unloaded weapon is your first step. Get familiar with its form, function, how it works. With guns especially you have to respect the power behind them first otherwise you might make a critical error. Granted that is true of every weapon, just hard to have a misfire with a sword."

He nodded sagely as he finished the second burger and knelt next to the cooler before rummaging around in it and grabbing himself a bottle of mineral water and took a nice big drink before he'd speak again.

"Grass fed is ok, Wagyu is where it's at. If you can find a good, ethical butcher fearless meat is much better too." He nodded to Aurora next and nodded. "Oh no doubt, I've seen some ritual scarification and branding before. The branding is quicker but man..." The smell, not a smell you forget. "For me it's always astounding when people test the limits and surpass what we knew the human body was capable of." And give ideas for applications of Life magic.

"Not technically fake Skye, A veggie burger is its own thing just as Tofu is. Each have their own flavor palate and legumes are still rich in protein." He couldn't help but laugh when she said Chase was being groomed. "Better watch out." He left the rest of the love talk alone, he hadn't ever really been ready to settle down his life until this point had been to transitory.

"We all start somewhere Julie, I didn't know my fist from my elbow until I got into a few too many fights. One of those things you'd rather have and not need then need and not have, ya know."

5. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens with interest to Mobius explaining the benefits of Feng Shui. I hadn't heard of the love angle. I wonder if she's just talking theory or practical experience? Anyway, she really seems to have read up and studied this a lot! I want to compare notes at some point, or I guess probably copy her notes!

He grimaces again though slightly as Aurora mentions how bad it is when a hook tears out doing suspension. Ugh. He's seen worse, but not for entertainment.

Kaze nods when Aurora talks about having a professional, and only one you trust intimately. "Oh yeah, I totally get it how why my offer to help set up isn't really appropriate! If I were doing that, I definitely would want professionals only helping me!"

He can't help laughing when Aurora expresses disgust at eating grass fed beef! "Hey, that's fair!" Kaze says while he laughs, "Different strokes, right? I mean, you won't ever catch me swallowing a sword!"

Kaze is interested and listening when Skye asks about the nickname that Mobius gives, adding an 8 to her name. He notes that Skye mentions having books read to her. She can read, she's said that before, but sounds like she's less into book study than even he is. He has to push through, because it doesn't come naturally, but he does it a lot, even attending the local University.

When Skye talks about fake meat, Kaze looks confused. "Oh, no. I meant that I eat meat from cattle that is allowed to graze on grass, not penned in or fed corn and other stuff." He explains. "To me at least, it tastes way better than beef from cattle that is fattened up on corn and feed with additives."

Kaze nods when Skye talks about her archery and starting off practicing with knives. To be honest, he wasn't that great at magically redirecting projectiles, and his improvement for now was focused on other things. Like flying. Mostly flying. He gets a slightly dreamy expression just thinking about it.

"Oh, sure." Kaze comes out of his little daydream to respond when Mobius assures him she can dress up appropriately for a visit to the government offices in the Ziggurat building. He laughs when she asks if he plans to buy it! "No! Nothing like that! I have a condo and a little money, and I'm trying to save, but nothing on that level! I would like to open a space for Asian medicine and martial arts someday. That's the extent of my property ambitions!" He nods when she explains that she is doing what she can to apply the principals of Feng Shui with the space she has. Kaze laughs softly when Mobius explains the 8 in her name. "So, the 'eight is silent', huh?" He says, like he's quoting something.

Kaze listens intently to Guru's comments on paint guns and drilling. He sounds like a gun guy. Interesting. He listens to Guru just as interested and smiling as he describes 'ethical' beef.

He realizes that he's eaten all of his food, and is still a little hungry. He didn't eat hardly at all the last month, and even with Body Control, he's ready to indulge a little. Kaze snags a couple hot dogs and eats them slowly, taking small bites and chewing and listening to the interesting conversations around him. He nods as Guru talks about learning to fight. Interesting. Except for the drug thing or maybe the law thing, they seem to have a lot in common.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Leaning back on her elbows, she listens as Skye talks about bows. Which seem useful in a fight, but how quickly can she notch an arrow? Not to mention, it’s obvious what you were doing. Not for her, she’d be more discreet.

Snorting, “Some people like the fake meat. Nothing wrong with that and being a good husband would mean he would be accepting of his spouse’s decisions.” her opinion. Because aren’t lovers supposed to accept each other as they are and not change their beliefs?

A single nod to Mobius, “Interesting!” she wasn’t completely sold on it, but it sounded like it was worth trying. “That’s a good point. Having a more harmonious environment seems like it should help with interpersonal relationships. Worth a shot, and if it doesn’t? At least you have a kick ass looking environment!” have to see the good.

Glancing to Guru, a but surprised he had more knowledge than others on the whole thing. “The burning doesn’t leave the same look in my opinion. And I don’t believe you are really testing your body with something that is done a lot quicker. For me? I went the ritual route, looking to test myself and maybe see if there was a spiritual awakening with it. Spoiler, there wasn’t.” it hurt, but wasn’t all that bad.

Laughing, “I’m not one you want fighting beside you. Did some training and, well, yah, I suck at fighting. So you guys fight, I’ll work on taking care of you.” Because that she could do.

Laughing with Kaze, “The difference is I could teach you to swallow a sword. You can’t teach me to find grass fed beef taste good.” Nope, no way.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Body Mastery
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

Ohh was that all it could do then nahh not for her, not that she had much stuff to work with to begin with nor did she really want much stuff either.
    Smiling towards the girl, picking up two small rocks first throwing one of them and making it just plump into the water.
    "Anyone can start there but with some effort and will go to here." Throwing the second small rock and making it skip several times before giving in. "It is all just how much you will it and hey if we are the only ones around so are some minor damages not that hard to fix right?"
    Stone skipping

Taking a deep breath before carrying on.
    "I wont force it upon you of course, if you do not wanna learn then you do not have to it just sounded like a nice exchange and a way to let me help you if you wanted to read some book for me." Hmm to call her little miss eight or something else?

"Jay the kind of practice were after is not to learn how to handle a weapon though as such so does it not really matter in that sense, now learning to use firearms might be good for myself though and as such looking into a paintball gun might not be a bad idea. We could even make an event out of it, go to a range and make a day of it and have some fun for all those interested." Physical activity for fun and training combined that sounded perfect.

Finishing her burger and grabbing a water to get it down with, taking a big breath of relief as it was devoured and done feeling full and happy.

Shaking her head a bit at Jay/Guru.
    "Yes yes it is fake, it want's to be meat but it isn't meat. If you wanna go into details so maybe you're right but in my eyes so is it just wannabe meat and meat is an honor thing I am a hunter you know and as such I am just against it. I don't say that it necessarily tastes bad, I have probably not even tried it that much but it is just not what I am after." Looking a bit innocent at him whilst containing a giggle. "Yes evil groomer Skye ever present moahahaha."

Shrugging her shoulders towards Kaze.
    "Yeah that works, I don't mind that at all as long as the meat comes from a real animal and not some science mumbo jumbo so is it all fine. Can't say that I knowingly have tried it at any point in time but it doesn't sound to bad, then again I am no chef kill the prey, make a fire, prep it with some herbs you can find and eat tends to be my melody and if you do not have herbs then trust the fire." Simple but effective at least.

Smiling a bit.
    "Ohh so you wanna open a martial arts studio? Do you wanna work as a teacher there as well or just hire people to do it? And when will you show us your nice little condo? Hmm picking some flowers and add in to it before the decaying months come might freshen it up a bit, they say that bachelor pads tends to be quite messy or stale. Not that I have ever seen one though." Or hmm noo tents and tree houses didn't count right? Nor should she speak of being messy the only reason she tended to have order was because she owned to little things to get all to messy.

Looking towards Aurora wow someone really called her on it nice catch.
    "You are absolutely right dear without a question of doubt, however to toy around is also a principality of fun if you are to serious so will you lose the chances to have fun. There are to much shit, horror, boring stuff and agony we all have to go through in life so joke, jest, play around and be silly when you have the chance or you will have a harder time facing the less light heartened moments." Not to mention that it was a great help in forgetting things from the past you didn't wanna think about.

Shaking her head a bit at the end.
    "I think you are wrong there though Adi, above anything else so are we humans and humans can learn to appreciate and like most edible things with enough repetition, they might not become our favorites but with enough effort and eating something again and again so will we slowly learn to like it. Isn't that how much people tend to get into coffee for example? Honestly how many people liked coffee on their first try as an example? Not that I like it even now or need it I tend to have energy to spare. However I can totally agree with the part of not wanting to go through that and by having a mindset of being against it so will it probably become nearly impossible to grow to like it however it would be possible."

Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Eastern medicine is good in some aspects and not so much in others. Acupuncture isn't bad, hunting endangered species for natural male enhancement is bad. In the end if it works its medicine." He smirked knowing that point might be weird coming from the hippy. Spirituality, Philosophy these were good ideas to experiment and broaden your horizons with. Medicine, on the other hand, was just medicine.

"I'm kinda curious to see where vat grown meat goes, if they can replicate the many flavors of it it'll be for the best I think." He nodded to Aurora and went into the scarification practice. "Thought about it, not something I've done yet. But yea, burning leaves puffier more swollen wounds where scarification leaves cleaner lines so it definitely looks better. For a real spiritual revelation from the scarification you need to basically be tortured, in the end that experience will hold a special meaning but the flood of chemicals in your brain is where that comes from. Adrenaline, Dopamine, DMT, so much of our perception is skewed by our brains chemistry. It's part of why..." He waved at himself the dirty hippy chemist he was. "It's a passion of mine."

He smirked at Skye and shook his head. "I mean the meat you just ate was definitely not hunted, it was slaughtered, there's a difference. If I hunt and kill a creature myself I'd honor every part of it, but I don't do much hunting. If I do it'd be for population control so coyotes around here." He let the talk of fun and horror drift through him, he's been in the shit long enough to have seen horror and deal with it.

"Actually the opposite is usually true, the more and more you eat something the less and less you want to. Variety being the spice of life and all, I like a good cashew burger but if I had to eat it three times a day for every meal I'd go coocoo-bananas."

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Are you saying you think I’m too serious?” she asks, “Because I can assure you are wrong, and assumptions are dangerous. I enjoy joking around and having fun, but there’s a time and place for it, and it’s not all the time.” Sighing. “Maybe one day, I’ll let you know why I’m more serious then I used to be, but it’s not today. Today is not the day for that story.” It was true, she was more serious then she used to be. But some serious shit had gone down, cause by her hands. “But life changes people.”

Shaking her head back, “No, I don’t think I am. If something tastes disgusting to me, eating it over and over isn’t going to make me like it. And I actually did enjoy coffee when I first tried it. But that leads me to a question, why would someone want to ‘learn’ to like something they don’t like? What is the benefit? What is the need?” none in her mind.

Shrugging to Guru, “If it’s something you want to do, I say you do it. But only do it if you really want it. Kinda hard to go back once it’s done. And yes, I realize there are ways to go about repairing it, but I’ve never wanted to. I went through the experience and the pain, and I intended to keep mine.” She was sure Life could heal it. But didn’t see the point. It was part of her.

Standing and slipping her shorts back on, “I hate to chat and run, but I have a meeting with a potential for a performance. Was good seeing you guys.”

Unless stopped, Aurora leaves the scene. Was fun

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens and laughs when Aurora ripostes with a jab about never learning to like grass-fed beef! "Touche'!" Kaze says, smiling.

He smiles even more broadly as Skye goes on to explain and challenge anybody to be as fun as she is!

Kaze keeps quiet and listens while Guru talks about guns, and beef and real and lab created foods. He has a lot of opinions, and knows a lot of facts. I wonder if he knows the difference between his opinions and the facts?

Kaze gets up when Aurora says she's heading out. "Thanks for coming, Madison! It was great to hang out in the sun and all. I am probably going to head back too, before it gets dark anyway." He says cheerfully. "I'll see you later!"

Mobius' player posted saying they're on vacation and should be getting back around now; we've got 4 days left on the thread, so we have a little time to wind things down before closing. Thank you so much for the fun scene everyone!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

As evening comes and the sun is beginning to set, Kaze packs up and heads back on the trail to the parking lot while he can still find the way without needing to magically enhance his vision. He offers to give anyone a ride who needs it, thinking Skye at least still probably doesn't have any personal transport around the city.

Thank you so much everyone for the awesome scene and interesting interactions! I really appreciate the time and investment!

I am going to go ahead and close the scene now. Until next time!

17. Likes DeepSeas, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread