Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2006) Seneschal Aside

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jun 1, 2020 : (2006) June's Informal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No doubt," Lenora agreed as the Haunt spoke of the inevitability of deviance and ignorant disrespect, "Not all who receive the Embrace prove themselves capable in surviving their new place in the world. In truth, this reality allows me to see my admittedly long tutelage as a blessing. I was not the Baroness' first ghoul... but I am her only childe thus far."

A small amount of pride tinged the Lords words at the final statement. Others had occupied her position as Steward and protege before her. And they had failed.

"And yet, it seems, this 'scholar' has faltered in such a task,"
    she said, "His entry will be a difficult one."

Then a nod and a pleasant hum as Alice provides a window into her planned.

"I look forward to it, I have thoroughly enjoyed your selections in the past,"
    Lenora offered, "I will likely revisit the styles of my time among the Kine. Perhaps a riding habit..."

It could suit the theme.

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"A Baroness?" Alice asks, suspecting that this tidbit wouldn't have been dropped unless Lenora wished it to have been. "If I may ask, how long was your tutelage?" she asks, somehow not surprised that the Lord had been a ghoul before hand. From their interactions Alice knew Lenora to be a polite and intelligent women, a Lord yes, but humble, in a Lord's way.

"It will be. He will either rise to my meagre challenge, or fail, and be denied entry." Though she did wonder if Quilz's next appearance resulted in failure, if he would leave, disappointed his superiors, or if he would continue to stay, threatening the Masquerade with his starvation, and if he doesn't, then he is a Poacher, and they all knew what happened to Poachers. "Either way, we will have some entertainment."

"Thank you, Priscus. I do try, though coordinating outfits is beyond me sometimes, some credit is due to my Lyssa." fingers twitch in her own ghoul's direction, "Oh? That I would like to see, shame I will not be able too. I'll be sure to have it described to me in detail. You're own choices in fashion are commendable."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A wry smile hit the Lord's lips at the slight interest of the Seneschal regarding her sire and past. Prudent as she was, Lenora was still a Lord and any member of the Clan of Kings worth their salt had at least some pride in their lineage. Lenora was no exception... she would indulge the Haunt's curiosity. To a point.

"Alder von Kleist, Baroness and Commissioner of Philadelphia,"
    Lenora offered, gladly offering her sire's full title, the lessons from Edward Heinrich having helped her adjust it into an appropriate format, "In regards to my service? I will say that, had the Baroness not seen fit to extend my mortality, I would have likely reached a natural end several years before my Embrace. I remained as her student and steward for some years thereafter before my release."

Then came a pause as Lenora considered saying more, but then came a slight shake of her head. Pleasant as Alice was, she was not Invictus and the pair were not engaged in a deep discussion of lineage. Nonetheless, what she had said was significant. She had served under her sire for a literal lifetime, perhaps even longer when one considered the admission of her remaining in her sire's care for some time after her Embrace.

"Then I look forward to the night,"
    Lenora said, her tone amused at the prospect of another fumble.

"Her passion towards such fulfillment is quite clear,"
    Lenora complimented, "And I am grateful for your words, Seneschal. It is a want of mine to represent my line appropriately."

After a comfortable silence, Lenora chose to venture with a question of her own. A testing of the waters.

"I must apologize, in the discussion of my lineage and education it seems I have forgotten myself,"
    Lenora says, "I failed to ask about your own."

Truly, it was less of a question and more an observation, but it provided the Nosferatu an avenue to dodge the inquiry should she wish.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Impressive." Comes the Haunt's voice, suffused with something twisted and mocking. "For your Sire and yourself. I'm sure to find a replacement for such as you will be no easy task." Tasked for decades, trusted as they passed. Trained to exacting standards. Alice didn't know of her scant moments with her Sire and her wandering nomadic life was better or worse then that of the Priscus Black.

Alice cannot help with loose a laugh, too loud, too fake, paired with the too wide and equally too fake smile upon her lips, "I'm sure it'll be something to enjoy."

She ducks down her head, a nod. Paused, before she brings up her face. "It was quite fortuitous that I found her," she says, "I know my nights would not be held in such ease without her." she says, knowing what some kindred would make of her words, but saying them anyway. "From what Lyssa has spoken of your fashion choices, and what I know of your comport, I would say there is no doubt of that."

She smiles, many would have asked her long before now, before. When she hadn't a tittle to her name. Now, none seem to voice the question even though they would want to know, she would have to commend the Lord for voicing it.

"I had been groomed by and Invictus Shadow. I hadn't quite reached an appropriate age to Embrace when we met, obviously he hadn't the chance to Embrace me. This Shadow would slay my Sire, in short order, but as I was the unliving monument to wasted years, he left me, and I assume to search for another protege. After that I spend several years as a nomad. Learning while I travelled until I came to Sacramento."

She wonders what the Lord will make of this.

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is the way of my line, though I will admit that my tenure was the longest," Lenora affirmed, "I am the first American-born member and the first to be raised outside of established nobility. The Baroness and her elders thus felt it necessary to ensure I was indeed prepared for my role in the family and that I was of a quality they expected. I succeeded."

Pride lilted upon Lenora's tongue at the final two words. Her time as a ghoul had been quite long and it was not without its obstacles and prejudice... but she had proven her doubters wrong. Despite being born into her wealth, Lenora was considered low-born by some members of her line due to her lack of relation to noble lines. However, in the days leading up to her Embrace, the protests of her low-born status had been rendered moot by her long service and proven quality.

"Loyalty can be a rare fruit,"
    Lenora offered at the compliments Alice afforded Lyssa, "The night may come soon when I must select a protege... I would consider it a great boon to find one of like merit to your Lyssa."

The ghoul herself recieved a smile and a nod of approval from the Lord.

At the compliment to herself, Lenora dipped her head in a slight bow.

"Your words honor me, Seneschal,"
    she said.

Straightening, Lenora's eyes meet Alice's sockets as the latter relays the brief of her tutelage and tragic Embrace. A slight frown hit the woman's lips at the Shadow's flightiness.

"Most unfortunate,"
    Lenora offers. Alice would have made a fine Shadow. "To invest so much time..."

Then a measured pause.

"I could say more, but my words for the Shadow would be uncouth,"
    she said. Truly, the Shadow could not add Alice to there line, but, as her educator, honor demanded he should have done his part to introduce her to the Endless Night. Especially after he destroyed Alice's sire, whom Lenora assumed was a rival... or an anarchist.

Then a glance to the emptying Court.

"Ah, but the night wanes,"
    Lenora announces, "And I have already stolen too much of your time. Perhaps we should adjourn?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"If nobility wasn't in your blood before, it certainly is now." Alice murmurs, knowing how particular both the Ventrue and the Invictus can be, to be the first American born, untitled Embraced, well. Lenora was raising so very many expectations. Alice would(n't) hate to see her fail.

"Providence found my Lyssa, and she continues to impress." Herself, the gods who lead the Wolfe to her, and to the Prince herself. Alice didn't know if she had it in her to Embrace anyone never mind her ghoul whom stole her away and kept her safe when she was bound within the blackened sleep of torpor, and bind her with her own Curse.

There was a stilted sadness, that spikes through Alice, remembering Henry and Jack. Even now, after years, walking, and years dreaming she remembered the disgust in Henry's eyes, as he threw her back into Jack's ashes. She thought she loved him. Now she knew she been wrong.

"Uncouth they may be, but whatever you might wish to say, I know I've thought the same."

A moment, lost in memories, and fleeting wishes, before she nods a strings pulled thing. "Yes, the night draws ever to a close. Thank you for spending this evening speaking with me."

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pleased with the interaction with the Seneschal and her affirmation that their discourse was concluded, Lenora granted the Blind Woman a bow.

"It was a pleasure, Seneschal,"
    she offered, "Should you require me in the coming month, please, I remain available. Be well."

Thus, Lenora rose granting the Haunt a moment to respond before departing.

Lenora will grant Alice a moment to respond before leaving

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread