Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Trading Lives

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 18, 2020 : (A-Dive) They See Me Scrollin They Hatin
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

This is what people get wrong. People like July. The whole Guardians 'doing what needs' schtick. It's so often flown as a banner to excuse bad behavior. To excuse personal desires. The Consilium is safer now. They're all safer now. But that isn't the thing. Someone, eventually, was going to. Maybe not a drunk a Mystagogue, but someone. In this case? An Arrow. These angel's wings are a shelter.

Take faith from the serenity of righteousness without doubt.

"So, what do you think of Tyche and Briar Rose? Speaking of, you know. Cabal-mates."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella blinked, shifted his posture and dabbed at his temple.

"Tyche and Briar Rose?"

He paused.

"I would not be here if I didn't want to associate with them. But as to what I think? Tyche. Well Tyche is quiet and friendly enough without pushing herself on you. Doesn't divulge much about herself - but neither does she pry. One supposes they are ideal traits for your Order, yes? I gather that she is quietly competent and quite content hanging in the background until she is needed. Or has to intervene in something."

His hands moved, his palms hovering over each other without touching, as if an invisible force repulsed them.

"Briar Rose is sitting on a lot of emotional baggage. That much I know. I understand she had a connection with another mage who breezed through some months back. Morgan."

Campanella's voice, and his mouth, twisted in distaste.

"Now Morgan has upped and moved on, so I am not certain what, if anything, happened between them. I get the impression Briar Rose is fairly closed as a person, has a strong anti-authoritarian streak and determined to make her own way, on her own terms. Has a definite sense of her own identity and is very ... sensitive - no! - aware of her boundaries. Take Briar Rose and Skye, for example. I don't think Skye has done anything to Briar Rose for her to be continually rebuffed - but again, boundaries. Skye is not known to have many; her attempts at befriending Briar Rose only challenge Briar's sense of self - causing her to rebuff Skye. And no, I'm not saying Brair Rose has so low self esteem to feel threatened - more likely, she resents someone else's attempts to copy her."

A sigh.

"So. Briar Rose. Moody. Strong personality. Likes her individuality. And yet... she has a rapport with you. And you have both been on several investigations together already, correct? So. Not anti social. But likes to be left alone."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Well, that was a good answer. Very... thorough. Ask a Mystagogue a question...

"Oh, yeah. Morgan."
    Cue gesturing at the head. Funny haircut, yo. "I met her at a creepy house thing. Then, uh. Yeah. Gone. Splitsville."

Maybe the hairy woman-spider wigged her out. Also? Interesting. File under abandonment issues? Little trite, but cliches are cliches for a reason.

"That's cool. Yeah. I was mostly curious if, like. You had any second thoughts? I didn't think so, but you know what they say about assuming. Kind of threw things together on the fly with the people I knew, so. Figured it was only far to ask after, you know, everyone'd had a chance to,"
    he gestured around them, "Hang out."

Oh, right, Reciprocation.

"I like Tyche. Wasn't super sure if she'd dime on Winter with me, but, she gets the right thing. Kinda-sorta hoping she decides to help sort out Consiliuim? Just the general... Consilium-ness... of it. You know what I mean? Everyone always, yeah, well. You know. B-Ro's unpredictable, but learns. Just gotta make sure, uh. Her mistakes are... recoverable? But fearless. They both are. I just think with B-Ro people gotta stay in their own lanes. Got a feeling the Arrows would appeal to her, but I don't think that's something to, like, push. So many Apostates they do that thing. You know? Where being an Apostate their thing. Their identity."

He shrugged and looked around.

"What'cha getting all Bill Nye on? Or is that none of my damn business? I know a guy that can get you a prescription. Little blue pill?"
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella smiled.

"No second thoughts. A Cabal is community. Life as a Solitary... Has no interest for me any more. I can continue my private studies alone, as you see here. And working in close proximity with other Awakened means I can also share in more collective study much more easily. Not to mention I am starting to find the necessary double-speak tiresome."

He stopped and looked over to his improvised alchemical laboratory.

"Ah! My equipment! I am reviewing my learnings and looking for the nuances to the Art which I first missed. Alchemy was my first interest and I had let my interest wane over the years as other things forced themselves upon me. So I'm taking the time to dust off the calcinator and crucible - as much for study as my own pleasure."

He was genuinely happy. Turning back to the Mighty his countenance clouded a little.

"You are one who has taken their study a fair distance. Have you ever considered direct soul work? Taking up a Legacy?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Seems to happen that way a lot. Not surprising? Running solo gives someone a chance to figure out who they are. Finding out your magical? Like finishing high school and thinking what next, except. Plus plus. For those that finished high school.

"Yeah, uh,"
    his brows furrowed. "You've definitely changed."

It's been years since the first time they met and it's not like they were besties then, but? Still noticeable. Of course Camper's noticed things, too. Kind of hard not to after a Duel. It's an odd one, isn't? Right there next to the angel's Inferior.

"Truce, remember Truce? He helped me, like, get over that final hump. So. Yeah. Just, you know. Seemed interesting? But,"
    he crossed his arms and leaned back. "I'm not sure about Legacies. Not like, not sure which, but not sure in general. I mean. It our soul, right? Sure, people say things like it's crafting or perfecting or honing it, but. Do we need to? For what? And what are we giving up?"

he looked over at the lab.

"Take water. Say you want hydrogen. Or oxygen. Not hard to split up. Then you've got your hydrogen. Or oxygen. What are you doing with the leftovers? What if you change your mind or were wrong and you needed the other thing? Or needed water again."

Yeah, it's a terrible analogy. But everyone's always using the clay or raw metal one and why not. Because alchemists.
    - Roald Dahl

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Thank you," the Moros responded quietly.

It is true, Campanella had changed. Always bookish. Always stand offish. A mediocre talent who hid behind his rotes and struggled with ritual casting. An Awakened whose direct interventions in the past had always been less than stellar. A Hierarch because no one else wanted the position and they needed a nominal leader at the time. A failed Hierarch who couldn't even bring a fractious meeting to order.

He found himself following Star's gaze.

"Oh thats a terrible analogy. But sometimes the crudest analogies are the best. I've been researching but thats becoming a never ending spiral of august opinions and opinions of opinions with no concrete outcome. Thank you for your clarity. Again."

He waited a moment to see if the Mighty wanted to discuss anything further.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Shall we draw this to a close? Its hit the month mark. Good little scene

11. Likes West liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread