Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Trading Lives

THREADID
DISPLAYED
May 18, 2020 : (A-Dive) They See Me Scrollin They Hatin
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

The secret to a good relationship is give and take. Personal, professional, even in the confines of a singular head-space. When things get out of balance, someone ends up being Darth Vader. Plus it's usually easier to pitch a certain point of view bearing carrots.

In this case, sorta-kinda pretend carrots. Astral carrots.

With that in mind, the angel goes knock-knock-knocking on Campanella's door.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Star goes a-knock-knocking but there is no reply.

Camper Van Beethoven* is, in fact, just returning from another surreptitious and carefully stage managed run. Although, to be fair, at this point, the Moros is less returning and more hobbling back to his chamber.

The former Hierarch and Dadoucos of the Mysterium is pale and wan, his mouth set in a polite grimace. His tracksuit hangs off of him A hand on his screaming side. The wall offers him some small comfort as he leans against it.

He grunts.

He attempts a pithy remark, something that the Mighty would no doubt use if he found himself in a similar situation. However, all that seeps from his lips is a wheeze.

Dammit you've got me at it now!
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

4. Likes , West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He turned at the sound and studied the Moros for a few moments.

"First? We have got to talk about the track suits."
    Because seriously. Russian mob boss look just isn't a thing. Someone will call if there's a Bratva infiltration needed. "Secondly, did you know that roller-blading burns just as many, if not more, calories than running? It also develops more muscle groups and reduces the repetitive impact stress on joints. Definitely a consideration, that last one, for someone, uh. Like you. That is, someone who... is... health conscientious."

Surely he didn't mean old. God bless the arrogance of youth, right? Plus that long, lanky frame the angel has that Camper's surely seen flying around the area in breezy, effortless and endless runs.

"But, anyway. You got a minute? You look like you've got a minute -- but I can come back. I'd, you know,"
    he waggled his fingers at Camper. The magics, yo. "But obviously you don't want that. It would totally undermine the self-flagellation you're low-key into."
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"I... Have... A minute. Whew."

Campanella breathed deeply - and immediately wished he hadn't. At least he managed to haul himself upright from the wall.

"Self flagellation? This is me trying to be healthy. I know I spend too much time sitting at a desk. This is a consequence. I have to accept."

He had to stop and take some breaths; massage his side.

"Roller blading?"

He shook his head to clear the blood pumping in his veins, pounding in his ears.

"Lets go into my chambers."

Still hobbling, the Moros remained the perfect gentleman as he opened the door to his room and gestured for the Guardian to step inside.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"You know. Boots... with big wheels on them? Inline skates? Really popular like ten years ago?" Surely Camper's seen them. "Gotta stick to smooth pavement, but there's more full body exercise. Because of balance. You'll feel it in your hips when you start, but your knees and ankles with thank me. Promise."

Not so sure about his dignity, though. Who knows? Maybe a sixty year old roller-blading will meet a nice girl. Can't be any worse than the track suit. Chambers. Fancy. In they go.

"Good to be back?"
    he asked, looking around. "I missed the space, you know. After I left. Hard to find a place that didn't feel like the ceiling was falling down on me. Anyway? Wanted to let you know what we found on that Astral trip. The usual MC Escher stuff and some very 'Jupiter Ascending' visuals for starters, but then the alleged tomb of an Exarch. B-Ro tried to get herself killed, but, you know. Obviously not. Very Moros-y. You would have liked it. Oh, and a bunch of scrolls."

That last bit? So casual.
    - Roald Dahl

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Never thought about Roller Blading before... Please take a seat. There are a few."

Campanella's theatre space has been partitioned into a number of discrete sections with soji screens: one carefully crafted area contains a single bed with some drawers and a wardrobe; another frames a laboratory space for alchemical equipment; another section provides for a table and some deeply lacquered chairs.

"It is good to be back."
    Deep emotion in the former Hierarch's voice as he sat. He has to pause once more and it isn't one of his usual silences.

"Lets say I have begun to find the solidity of walls cumbersome when I wanted to rearrange my rooms."

Now he is pausing properly to listen to the Obrimos.

"Very good. Are you planning another trip..." He began. This was a prepared response, obviously. The sentence died the moment he registered Star's final comment and from his posture he became very interested.

"Scrolls? Astral artefacts?"

11. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Sure, sit. After peeping the lab just a little. How very Walter White. The supernal edition of Breaking Bad.

"I'm not sure. Maybe?"
    He sat, collapsing and rumpled like laundry tossed on the floor. "Still got that soul stone thing to sort out. Now that Avis is here, like, Naga isn't necessary? But it'd be nice to reach out to the Ladders."

A hand raised, long fingers flicking. Camper ought to know. Who knew how long Naga would stick around. But if you don't give a Ladder something to do, they'll find something on their own.

"But, yeah. A half dozen or so. Maybe more? I just kind of stashed them. I'll figure out how to destroy them later."
    Guardians gonna Guardian, yo. Just give that a few seconds to sink in. Exarch scrolls, astral artifacts -- choose whatever label sounds the most fun -- and then, poof. Gone. Don't need to tell the former Hierarch how much this angel likes rules. A little suspense never hurt anyone, either. "Or."

He leaned forward with forearms resting on knees and blue-green eyes fixing on the Moros. No need to be shy. Nothing quite like a good Duel for a first date.

"I can give them to you and you can keep what happened at Nexus to yourself. I could wrap that up in a lot of euphemisms and suggestions for you to pick up on, but we're sharing a roof and ought to be able to talk straight with one another, right? As a show of good faith and to make it clear this is less me thinking your honor is for sale as much as it is an exchange of favors between cabal-mates that happen to come at the same time? I'm going to give you half the scrolls regardless of your answer. Now," he held up a finger, "You might be tempted to ask what happened to Pixel. Just like I might be tempted to ask what you do with the scrolls. We'll both just take it on faith that the other used their best judgment and leave it at that. So. That's my pitch. Sorry I didn't dress it up more, but you look like you'd rather hit the shower sooner than later."
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

As Campanella listened he found himself leaning back, head bowed, hands steepled. His eyes flicked up at last and observed the Mighty from under his brows. A slight grimace tugged at his mouth - the Mysterium had its own views on the preservation of magic which could be quite at odds with the much more ruthlessly pragmatic Guardians.

His thumbs tapped together.

"People are always passing through," he said at last - carefully.

He didn't look exactly happy but the way his head bobbed toward's Star spoke volumes.

"I won't press as to your motives. The Nexus was a bit of surprise for everyone."

With a big sigh, the Moros let it all go.

"So. Scrolls. Yes I would be happy to share in your discoveries and I would like to thank you for your kind offer. You've supported my interests here. I'll support yours - to the extent that I am able, correct? As Cabal-mates."

Cabal-mates. The Moros actually brightened when he said that.

"One thing, if I may."

A finger rose.

"I got the impression Avis led Guru over to the bar and left him..."

Even now, Campanella squirmed at the fragmentary flash of memory - not enough to recall properly, but enough for the body to remember fear.

"There. With... Others. Perhaps if she could take the time to drop on Guru and check on him?"

A slight pause.

"This doesn't have to be connected to our exchange." He added quickly.

15. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

There's always that little rush that comes with chance. Whether it's flipping over cards or reeling off a tough cast. Or eating something Avis made when she was learning to cook. It was a good best, but no royal flush. Toss in the whole Duel business and it made for the potential of a nice bloodying to even the score. The first bit gets a studious nod. The second, curiosity. But then Camper's John Hancocking the deal with the rider that elicits a small laugh.

"Yeah, Avis. She's,"
    he shrugged. "Very... Arrow-y. Like, not in the rah-rah-because-Arrow way, just. It suits who she is." There's a difference. Some people use tents as shields and excuses. Others grow to believe. And some... already did, even before. "The whole conflict thing? Adversity. Although...," the angle trailed off with a speculative silence. "Yeah. I don't think she expected that. Whatever that was. So, yeah. Absolutely. I'm sure she would have anyway.

Very casual. Much indifference. So nonchalant. It's a balancing act, juggling an attempt to be sincere with something annoying for entirely different reasons. Which calls for... a little misdirection.

"But, going back. I don't mind. The motives thing? I mean. He announced we had a time machine. And that we could out any of them.
    " Maybe that glass of wine wasn't Camper's first. There's time now. Consider. Digest. "And who knows what was next? Like, was he going to invite everyone to the Circle for an after-party? Tell them about the Athanaeum?"

The first two were terrifying. There's two things people have always wanted. To live forever. To change the past.

Food for thought, yo.
    - Roald Dahl

17. Likes Ruach, , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Then I'm glad."

Campanella replied.

From the Moros pose he was quite willing to leave things there. Star persisted and dropped some further hints. Hints that gave the Mystogogue pause. Recollection and reflection can happen quite quickly when one is reminded; when one is put on the spot. Memory is also malleable and innocent remarks can be easily cast differently with time.

Campanella's eye brows rose. A fission ran up his spine.

An inarticulate sound squeezed itself out from Campanella's lips.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread