Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2006) Formal June

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoneyx watches as the group wanter in like a closing Leverage sequence. She had no idea the mages were so close, although it added weight to her theory of long-standing cooperation between Star and Campenella.

The question from the tall new guy and the announcement from the unknown casually dressed woman makes her shift slightly from leaning on the wall. "I currently hold the position of First Talon for the Adamantine Arrow," she replies to Avis, "and Councillor for the Watchtower of the Golden Key," she adds, looking toways Ignus. Her voice is calm, if a little heavy. "My name is Phoenyx. Welcome to Sacramento. If you both wish to be recognised, this is a simple matter. The Gold Laws of the Lex Magica apply, as elsewhere. If either of you wish to discuss about our order or our path, I will make myself available to both of you."

There's a small frown as she looks around, settling on Aurora. "It seems we are light on councillors again." Her tone makes an underlying frustration clear. The Arrow moves unhurriedly to the front of the room, turning to look over all the mages assembled. "Does anyone know where Councillor Pixel might be? And Magus Campenella, have the Moros selected a councillor?" The huge magus from last time was most conspicuous by his absence.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes DeepSeas, , Ruach liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Some things change, and some things stay the same. Like hoodies and khakis. Sure, there are times when Avis' wardrobe experiments are awfully fun, but there's something to be said for comfortable and familiar. Like... they're comfortable and familiar. There's value in that. The light navy car coat and striped Henley could have come straight out of a five year old issue of Consilium. Not to be confused with the current issue of Cosmopolitan which there's always a handful that thinks it is. At least Truce wanted to dress everyone up in robes and, what was it? Sashes and pins? Sounded an awful lot like a stole and the only thing missing would be braid tugging.

Melodramatic? Maybe. Set the stopwatch, though. It's a timed test. First is the math portion: the part where people look around and realize there's a full third of the Consilium consolidated. Then there's application: with the former Hierarch and the guy who beat him, it's a safe bet that's not just a numbers game. Bonus points for those that have kept their peepers peeled on res and know the extent of the firepower. Trip ladies makes the full house: one of each Path. Points for getting into the bonus round, but that's when it dawns that there's a probable majority of Council seats that can be taken -- and time's run out.

And there goes Avis off to make friends. Looks like 'Julie' is back, too. Now where's... what was it... 'knock it off or stop'. Didn't matter. Fingers gave a little wave even as he's shuffling off the to the side with Tyche.

"You hanging with your fam or us, Bubblegum Crisis?"
    he asked B-Ro. "I've got plums instead of pears this time."

Totally not shaking the backpack like a doggie treat.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes , DeepSeas, Ruach, liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

She's blatantly staring at Ignus, because goddamn, little scruffier then she liked, but the thought of hard plains and that imposing edge. Mmm

Bubblegum Crisis? She should be surprised, but she. just. isn't. She kinda wants to know how many different combinations Star can come up with for her hair, and her. well. her. Shoving that away, she raises her brown at fam. Snorts, and "Fucking. Plums. Of. Course." she says, words enunciated, pointed, smirk sharp.

She makes grabbie hands at the ever present backpack.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

6. Likes , DeepSeas, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze watches, interested in all of the proceedings. Mobius is back. Good. New guy. Okay, another Obrimos. Star and the others walking in like...well, something. And then that thing with the plums and 'us or your family'? Who is 'us'? A Cabal? I hope it lasts longer than the other ones I've seen since I've been here.

Phoenyx asking if she and Aurora are the only Councillors now? Where is Pixel? It's hard to believe he would miss this, if he could help it. And what about Abacus?

Honestly, Kaze is pretty relaxed, since this is the first time in what seems like forever that he is not personally on the agenda. That's progress.

Good to see Briar Rose, seemingly putting down some roots here too. I hope she and Skye don't end up having a thing between them. I'd like to be friends with both of them.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

8. Likes , DeepSeas liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Nah, I doubt it," Avis replied dismissively to Naga, her hands stuffed into the pockets of her sweatpants. "I just wanted to know who was who. Although, I suppose I do owe you an introduction."

She paused as the others came over, the other Talons, it seems, and then smirked as Phoenyx gave her the whole 'newcomer spiel'.

"I'm Avis. Talon. Master of Space, Adept of Mind, Apprentice of Life and Prime. I helped write the Charter and served on the Council before I left. Didn't do a great job, I'll admit, but still. Not really concerned about getting recognized.

Good to meet you all, though,"
    she finished the smirk fading into something that was more pleasant, if still amused.

"Lemme know if you want help with anything."
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

The two new faces get a glance from the burgundy clad Guardian, but Tyche's attention is swiftly nabbed by Pheonyx and her usual blunt nature.

As the Councilor relayed her theory, Tyche's eyes flicked to the empty seats.

"Haven't seen Councilor Abacus either,"
    she says. Three Councilors gone. The thought made the normally peppy Enchanter slump a bit. "So that's a thing."

She looks to the crew briefly, her expression somewhere between frustration and just plain tiredness. Then it's back to Pheonyx.

"Which leaves yours truly for the Path of Thistle, if he doesn't show,"
    she says, before looking to the assembled, "Unless there's another hiding in the woodwork... In which case, challenge if you see fit, but someone needs to take that seat."

Yay. Politics. Just what I wanted.

Shut up and be helpful.

12. Likes Ruach, , liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Imposing)
    Ignus

Nimbus:
    His eyes melt into orange molten orbs as the air around him begins to flicker like the horizon of the desert.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Campanella's introduction and break down are met with a grateful nod as he swiftly took a seat. His mouth ticked up into a brief smile as Aurora also introduced herself as Mysterium. Which is good. Nothing sucks more then being an order of one. Maybe being an order of one with an Atheneaum to watch after? Oh yeah, gotta ask about that at some point too.

"Maybe next month."
    The smile politely stretches before his expression fades back into neutrality. "I'm sure the council has better things to do then hold the new guys hand."

He was introduced, as was his councilor. Square circled? No? Recognition successful. Next is the bull. Wait, right, not here.

Ignus folds his arms as his eyes quickly flick over to Campanella. The new guy isn't great at hiding his thoughts, and something is clearly on the tip of his tongue. Rather then talk further though he returns his attention to Phoenyx and watches as the council proceeds.

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Of course," Campanella bobs his head in response to Ignus

He decides on a seat - closer to his cabal-mates than his habitual spot. As he moves he responds to Phoenyx

"Technically, no. I would still rather not take the position. The only other candidate would be... Mobius? Mobius." He raised an eyebrow before focussing on the Obrimos Councillor once more. "If it is really that necessary one supposes I shall have to do it. If only to end the constant questioning and speculation." There was a sigh in his voice.

He finally sat. As he made himself comfortable he gave Ignus a glance that indicated he had picked up on the imposing man's hesitation. The look was both a query and an invitation.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Clearly more had changed than she thought. A council was forming, or perhaps reforming since she last stood at Consilium. It made sense, there were more mages gathered than before, but Mobius couldn't help but wonder if there was more going on. It wasn't really her business one way or another. She was happy to follow the leader.

Hazel eyes smiled subtly when she caught the attention of the few mages she was acquainted with. Sober nods to Doc, Kaze and Star. She was a little surprised when the pink haired woman invited her to sit, it was reminiscent of being the new girl at a high school cafeteria. Either way, her attention was diverted before she could work up the nerve to move from the periphery. First Tyche, a fellow Enchanter spoke up, seeking to claim the councilor spot for their shared path. No argument from me, Mobius thought - if she had an MO, 'challenging' wasn't part of it.

But then the unexpected. She had heard her name come from the Campanella's lips maybe once before today, and now it was being dropped in regards to something absurd. She wasn't sure if he was putting her forward to represent the Acanthus, or the Moros - if such a thing was even possible - but regardless, she could feel her face flush as her heart skipped a few beats for the sudden declaration.

She stumbled over her words to reply, flustered, "Me?" the metaphorical frog in the throat, "I'm honored Hierarch, but I'm not sure I'm enlightened enough for such a task." Her gaze faltered between Campanella and Phoenyx, searching desperately for some help.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Catching the look and frown from Phoenyx, she shrugs lightly, “So continues to be the trend here. People come, claim a position, then go.” What could you do? Least this meeting was easier to deal with then the last formal one. “And I don’t know, he didn’t seem to like me very much so,” shrug again, “he didn’t say anything to me.” That was that.

A nod to Avis, “Good to see you back.” Sure, they had issues before. But, progress had been made a while ago. Was the progress still in play? Or was it square one?

Abacus was gone too? Damn.

Looking around, then shaking her head, “Not unless they’re hiding under the seats or in a closet.” Then, well, that’s on them.

Blue eyes shift to the new guy, “Well, that depends if the new guy needs his hand held. Then that’s a whole other thing.” Humor? She was trying.

Huh, seemed Campy was serious about not wanting the Councilor position. Not that she blamed him. It wasn’t as glamorous as some might think.

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread