Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Lady Notary and Prospective Clients

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I would never presume that this Oath completes Manumission." She assures Edward." I understand the care and attention that must be paid to every aspect of proper Invictus education. The quickest Manumission I had ever heard of was six months, and to be honest, I found that..."
    The Lady gives Edward a confiding look.
    "-fast.
    Care taken now prevents a host of problems."

Her confidence laps over Lenora as she gives Miss Black an approving look.
    "I have no doubt you are eager to hear the mysteries of the First Estate. We have only scratched the surface of Blood Oaths. We have not gone over every Oath that I know, or why the Oath of Blood Service is so spectacular."

She looks between the two as she stands and gathers her items. The Lady recovers the sheet with Oath types written upon it and secures it. Of course, that was likely a very interesting to any other group with an occult interest. Their sheets are left and they likely want to secure those.

She looks to Edward.
    "The preliminary discussion is completed. You can seek me out for additional teaching or to perform an Oath between you and another First Estate Kindred of good standing.
    ” I expect that I will see you both at the meeting of the First Estate. Keep these teachings on what you are to do in mind.”

She prompts. The smooth administration of the Oath would speak to the value of her teaching, after all.

Jennifer bid good bye and waited for good byes to be paid properly. The Lady gracefully departed.

I wanted this completed so you can buy the Blood-Tell Oath for the Invictus Meeting. Great scene!
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward nodded as Jennifer answered a question he hadn't even known to ask. "We are in accordance with respect to timing, Lady Notary." He stated with some relief. Edward had begun to see the Kindred of Sacramento as an impatient bunch.

As Jennifer rises, so does Edward, he gives a measured bow, "thank you, Lady Notary. A good night to you."

As Jennifer departed, Edward turned to regard Lenora. Waiting for the Notary's footsteps to fade before speaking, he began to reflect. With another student, he would usually have comments on how they handled the meeting, or ask them how they felt about the meeting. In the former case, there was nothing to say, and in the latter, there was no point; he knew that much about his Paige, at least.

"My compliments, Miss Black. Your conduct was, as always, beyond reproach." From another, there might have been a hint of irony in the delivery — not so for Edward. His sincerity was complete.

"You have, no doubt, already begun to consider how suitable you are for one or another titles of function. I wish to encourage this, as it will be what we turn our attention to in the wake of the meeting."

"Have you any questions for me, before I take my leave?" Some habits die hard, he couldn't quite resist asking.

4. Likes liked this post

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

There is a slight tilt of Lenora's head at the mention of a six-month sponsorship as brief. Truly, Lenora understood the benefits of long running education better than many. Her ghouldom spoke to that. However, the Duchess herself had mentioned she doubted Lenora would need longer than the six month period.

What has changed?

At the Haunt's confident stare, however, the Lord pushes the thought away. She'd dip her head at the woman's compliment.

"The brevity of this instruction has been most educational,"
    she offered, "I will look forward to future opportunities."

Lenora follows suit as Edward rises, moving to her feet and granting the Lady Notary a bow in turn.

"Be well, Lady Notary,"
    she says, awaiting to offer her farewell until after Edward had afforded his.

With the Lady gone, Lenora noted Edward's regarding glance and looked to her sponsor, meeting his eyes as he mused, but saying nothing. At his sincere compliments, Lenora would dip her head in respect.

"You're compliments are most appreciated, Mr. Heinrich,"
    she said.

A pause would hang as Edward spoke of working to further titles.

"I have, sir,"
    she admits, "but my focus remains on my education. The time will come to pursue it in earnest, but I am well aware their pursuit before I attain the approval of Her Grace and other established members is a foolish daydream. My education remains my priority."

Only fools see the end of a race before they have even begun to run.

Then Lenora spares a moment to consider the Daeva's last question. He deserved that respect due to his title as sponsor.

"I do not believe so, Mr. Heinrich. I will use the remainder of the night to continue my studies and digest all that the Lady Notary has offered,"
    Lenora answers before granting the man a bow, "It would be foolish for me to keep you unnecessarily. Your time is not mine to request. I wish you a pleasant evening."

Good to wrap Seryna Jennifer Hazelton Let's. Spend. That. XP!

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"While I would be the last to dissuade you from patiently refining your fundamentals, know that it is not uncommon to have a test for a title of function administered shortly after Manumission. In some Domains, to not take such a test is to imply one has nothing of value to offer."

"I am far from the impression Sacramento is one of those domains, but it remains a consideration."

"Goodnight, Miss Black."
    He does not reprimand her for trying to leave before dismissed. The upcoming meeting weighted on him as well.

Closing the scene, thanks Seryna Stray !

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread