Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Wyrdstone) Auction!

Apr 12, 2020 : Wyrd Bindings
May 2, 2020 : Informing the Monarchy
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

0 Scenes

Due to Rhodes' diligent research and the Lost's connections they heard a rumour something, interesting, Something unheard of, indubitably magic and exactly as the previous Autumn Queen had described had been found and the hobs who first found it, have been putting it up for Auction.

This Auction is being held in the heart of the Hedge, in another Travelling Market. This one, catering to more niche...items, then a stationary Market, or one that had a set scheduled of arrival. For one night, and one night only an abandoned church will be filled by the Lost, Hobs and other things as the night wakes to auction and barter.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

(Vainglory 3)Glamour 3 Spent
    +2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

An auction. One being held in the Hedge for what they were after. How perfect.

But how to dress to impress for it? Maybe her Hedgespun dress? Pulling it out of the attic, she opened the dress bag and ran her hands along the book spines. It hadn’t been as special of a dress as she had hoped, but maybe it would be appreciated in the Hedge? She failed with this dress, but, maybe not all was lost. Her Hedgespun necklace was added as well.

Slipping into it, and lacing it, she spun around, getting lost in the feel of the skirt dancing around her legs.

Throwing her hair into a long, very long, fishtail braid, she picked a purse that kinda matched and headed out. The purse held various items, sun catchers, costume jewelry, flameless candles and hair combs.

While waiting for the others, she decided the icing on the cake would be making herself look better. But it took her longer to get the Contract to take hold this time. Maybe it was her nerves? Or maybe something else? Either way, she cursed under her breath, and tried again and felt it catch and the Wyrd flow through her body.

failure

9 successes

*Sera invokes Vainglory 3 for SL 8. No place to add the 3 Glamour used.
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Jun 2nd, 2020 at 12:56 PM.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes stood in the Autumn Hollow, waiting for the ladies to arrive. He has left Sera to get ready, finishing off some last bits of research on the Wyrd Stone.

He was in one of his black suits with the Hedgespoun coat over the top, coating him in stormclouds.

His own bad was filled with notes and papers, a few works of fiction... things he hoped might be useful to trade. There was a small sigh. It would have ben so much better to have four monarchs show up after this thing, image and all that, but it wasn't to be helped.

Hearing the door and seeing Sera walk in, he couldn't help it. He just stopped and stared, mouth agape. Slowly, he rose and made his way over to her.

"Darling," he breathed. "You look... a vision." Slowly he wrapped his arms around her. "Did you do something different with your hair? You are simply immaculate." The Dread Lord leaned in for a kiss.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

If she was being honest, she wasn’t expecting the reaction she got. It was much better than the one at the Autumn Coronation. Though maybe it was the Contract?

The dress, now in the Hedge, came to life around her. The books spines warm and pulsing with new life and the pages at the bottom, their words now aglow in a soft green.

Her cheeks flushed at the compliment, glancing down for a moment, “Think so? Thank you.” A hand touches the braid absently, “The braid is certainly new.” Meeting him half way for the kiss, getting lost in it for a few moments.

“You’re looking extremely handsome this evening. Must have an important date.” She teased. “That coat always looks spectacular on you.” The way that only Hedgespun could. “Too bad we already have plans.” A slight pout.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Always," he bats back, smiling lovingly. "I really do love that dress, you know. I should work on a suit for such occassions as well, I suppose. So much to do..." he sighs.

"I am sorry I couldn't wait for you to finish getting ready. I just had a few more notes to make. I want to be sure I know the right thing when I see it..." Rhodes looks her up and down, stealing another kiss. "I almost wish I hadn't. You are so bautiful, you know that?" he offers, enjoying the seconds of intimacy that could be shattered any moment, resting his forehead on hers.

"Well, I do have one with a singularly feisty woman of my acquaintence. Two, one might say, but one definately has an eye for me. BUsiness before pleasure, and all that, sadly, but I will have to make it up to her." The Flowering looks at his watch. "Circe does hove the right time, doesn't she? I don't want to miss this."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe had needed to get a few things. And now was running late. It was less a matter of acquisition then covert transport. She had somethings she could get, but timing it right was a royal pain. Plus she'd figured that Hedgespun was a useful status symbol for the auction. Hence her backless dress with its glowing scroll work. The coat from her prior ventures into the Hedge as well though the tote bags on either shoulder ruined the look. As did the obvious vest ruining the cleavage window. The shortened hair was also a change and very roughly cut to just above the shoulder.

There were really few options for her to trade. So she'd got for some nice things. Some crafted jewelry she'd made before, good tequila, vodka, some mundy ahem literature, and a couple of small things from her primary job.

"Yo. Mundy goodies ta trade are hard ta get good," she puts down the tote bags before joining the pair. One bag clinks, the other makes more metallic sounds. "Ha, ya read my mind Sera. Dress ta impress. Hmm," she looks at the pair up and down. "So what did ya bring? Aaaand just ta be sure, yer both OK with me offering them guns? Because kinda brought some ta trade."

Sorry offline for the last couple of days
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

0 Scenes

Well advertised the Lost find their way to the Church, appearing from the street that it's nothing but a derelict, forgotten place, but once the Lost step through the door, they're transported through to the Hedge. The Gate here kept Active by an attentive hob.

"Hey Hey! Come to Auction! One Night Only! Wanna number here's a number!" the Excited Hob passes large wooden numbers to the Lost, 114 for Rhodes, 63 for Circe, and 1048 for Sera, (though Sera's Zero (or what can be assumed is a Zero) is the metal lid of a trash bin.) "For tonight only! We're here for the Auction! Come, Come!" the hob chips, eyes alight with greed. Hurrying the Lost along, and visibly drooling at Sera. A puddle of spit grows under the hob as his eyes fail to leave the Fairest.

Going farther into the Church, takes them farther away from the drooling hob, a wall, blocking his sight from the Lost. THe pews have been set up, and the room is lit with blue fire. The walls, are brambles, and there is a dais. With a tall man. All arms and legs. In fact, he has four of each. Atop his head, is a top hat, crooked and leaning.

Sitting in the pews are other Lost, Hobs, and...other things.

"Welcome! One and All! The Auction will begin, shortly!" says the tall man.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Hearing he loved the dress made her blush, but also glow. “Then it’s a good thing I pulled it out of the attic then.” Maybe she’d put some more work into it. “I can help you with that if you like. I might have a few sketches of ideas I’ve had.”

Shaking her head, “That’s fine. There are less distractions if you’re not waiting for me. Do you have the notes ready to go?” she knew he did. Another blush as she tucks a nonexistent hair behind her ear.

“Oh, feisty you say? Now that sounds like an exciting evening. But yes,” a sigh and nod, “business before pleasure.” Which was boring, but they had to get that stone.

Hearing Circe, she turns, “There she is! And looking amazing! Love that hair cut on you!” compliments the Nix. Shrugging, “I’m not sure, I brought a variety of things that could fit in my purse.” If they would be valuable, they would see.

Accepting the sign, she eyes it for a second and shrugs. Catching the look, she offers him a wink before walking in. Dress aglow and the bottom and necklace pulsing with various colors, she finds a seat. A nod and smile offered to the tall man. Sapphires looking around the room.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes grins. "Sketches? For me? Darling, you spoil me so." A nod. "Yes. it's not an overly large object. weighty, certainly, but it's ont like we're movign a menhir or something." He chuckles. "Don't worry Sera. We always make time for pleasure in the end, don't we?"

Hearing Circe enter, the Autumn reluctantly untwines from his lover. "As long as it doesn't bite us in the ass later, ttrade what you like, Circe. I have mostly literature, some money, a few jewelery trinkets I've picked up in games."

As they make their way to the auction, Rhodes adds a little detail. "It should be obvious enough. I'm just lucky Mhari left enough notes to find the damned thing. Shame it got snapped up, to be honest, but there we go. Worst coems tot eh worst we can always pool our resources for the stone."

He rolls his eyes slightly at the seller. As if such a being had a chance with his Queen of Spiring. "I hoee youaren't trying to make me jealous, darling. I've seen several eyes on you already," he says playfully.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe shrugs as she picks back up her totes, "If I'd had a month I could'a brought longarms, so just some pistols plus fine literature enjoyed by curious teenage boys and girls, oh ho ho ho ho!"

"Thanks Seraphina, but ya have booked all the style points. Don't sell yer shelf short. I'm sure collectively we got a good inventory. I just brought mundy shit they ain't likely ta get. Booze, guns, sparklies, and porn."

Rhodes words cause Circe to twitch. "Do wait until we're outta the Hedge fer the hanky panky and do NOT trade that," she points at Seraphina, "Literature."

As they passed the first hob she examined her number and decided to make a joke as she smiles like a happy cat, "They are gonna need a wet floor sign back there. Think we could use that ta help us get cheap prices? Oh, Numba 63 huh?"

Rubies scour the room alongside the sapphires. Was there anyone familiar? If Circe was going to be sociable in the Hedge she may want to invest in a balaclava. "Hmmm, interesting gathering."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread