DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

The sun was out, shining oh so pleasantly down upon the city of Sacramento, bathing all in its rays. Or some shit. Coco didn't know. All she knew is that she was at a park. Which park? Who cares which park? Who goes around tracking parks all the time? All she knew is that it was a park, it had a dirt track, so it wouldn't kill your joints, and it had exercise stations, oh, and that it was hot out. Hot as fuck.

Thorns, but it literally felt like the sun was trying to kill her. She was half collapsed, with her spine pressed up against a blue, metal stretching post, body trembling and absolutely soaked in sweat. Her yellow tank top was practically transparent, it was so drenched, her black sports bra clearly visible beneath it. She thought about ditching it, and just going back to working out in her black running shorts and sports bra, but she'd already committed to wearing the tank top, and she couldn't afford to lose it and go buy another. And while she might be an asshole, she wasn't the type of asshole that went around putting her sweaty clothing everywhere, so wear it she would.

Though why was she spending so much damn time focusing on what she was wearing?

Oh, right, because it was helping distract her from the literal fire consuming the parts of her body! Okay, not literal, but she was so out of shape that it was like she'd forgotten what it felt like to tax her muscles and push herself past her limits. It was like she'd forgotten her old coach's mantra: if you haven't passed out or vomited, you haven't been working hard enough. And having your muscles scream at you wasn't either of those things, though if she repeated her circuit again, collapsing would definitely be an option.

Forcing herself back upright, she forced her feet to move, one in front of the other, until she reached her water bottle, and after briefly considering just dumping it over herself, she took a shallow sip. Best not to bloat herself with water and get stomach cramps.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Abyssalstar liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Spring was bleeding into Summer ahead of schedule, but it usually did in California. Wildfire season had already started, always a sure sign. None of that was on the mind of Sonja Wu today. No, here the Monkey was happily indulging in one of her favorite Desires: Physical exertion!

The, um, non-sexual kind.

Not that she didn't like sex, but this kind of exercise was something she preferred a bit more. It wasn't parkour, but the running trail and exercise stations would do the job. So, here she came, wearing red running shorts and a matching sports bra. Her athletic shoes were also red, so she had a whole theme going! Monkey-themed messenger bag was slung across her back, and her phone was on her hip, with earbuds in place to pipe cool tunes directly into her brain!

In this heat, the Beast had already worked up a good sweat, and her hair, pulled into a ponytail, was wet with it. Sweaty and breathing strongly, but she wasn't struggling. Sonnie obviously exercised quite often, to judge by the good muscle definition on her lean body.

She slowed down as she came across the Wasp. Maybe she'd been on the far side of the trail, which could explain why she hadn't encountered Coco before now. Two moons on opposite sides of the same orbit, only now one has caught up to the other. Removing her earbuds, the sound of pop music could be faintly heard playing from them. Currently, it sounds like the Spice Girls.

"Hey, Janet Van Dyne. Didn't expect you here. How's your day going?" Didn't take Sonnie long to bring out that nickname. It was probably inevitable. A finger tapped her phone to pause the 90s tunes.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

At first, Coco didn't respond. Clearly, she wasn't a Marvel fan. Instead, she was occupied waterfalling a stream of life saving liquid past her lips, eyes closed, one antenna giving a little twitch as Sonnie approached. It was only when the half-forgotten sounds of Sporty, Scary, Ginger, Baby and Posh reached her ears and she cracked an eye open, only to immediately choke, spilling a splash of water into the dirt as she hacked and tried to clear her airway.

Fucking great. Just what she needed. This bronzed, athletic goddess, all lithe, and toned, and glistening in sweat, here to witness her slumping and flopping around like some slob. Coco's cheeks were already burning, remembering the last time few times she'd been around the Claviger, and yet again, here she was at her worst. Thorns, but she didn't need this right now.

"I don't know who that is," Coco finally managed, wiping the back of her hand across her mouth in the wake of all that hacking.

"Is Janet whoever some fat chick? Is this, like, a biggest losers joke or something?" she demanded, eyes narrowing at the fitness goddess in front of her. "I'm obviously out of shape, I just, I'm not at my best. So if you came here to punch down, have at it. So come on, give me your best. It won't be anything I haven't heard before."

The Wasp glared at the innocent woman standing across from her, slowly screwing the cap back on her water bottle. Obviously, she was project, just a little.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"I don't know who that is,"

Sonnie found that hard to believe. There were two recent hit films featuring the character, the latter of which had 'The Wasp' in the title. Then again, not everyone was as much of a pop culture nut as the Beast. Also, the one in the films was Hope, not Janet. In the end, she shrugged, figuring it didn't matter. As nicknames went, Sonnie could do better. That one was low-hanging fruit.

"Uh, no? She's a superhero. The Wasp. Played by Evangeline Lilly?" She waited a few seconds for any sign of recognition before she bulled forward. "Little obvious, I know. I'll do better next time."

The defensive snarkiness was duly noted. Maybe Coco was just like this all the time? Then it hit her. Wasps were the assholes of the insect world. Now that made sense. Typical Beast behavior, your animal type coloring your personality. Too bad the Dancer wasn't a bee. She liked honey.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not here to pick on you. Despite what Ellie might think, I don't go around bullying anyone." The Monkey shrugged and took the pitstop to stretch her legs a little.

"I remember how hard it is to get started. There was a time I was just a cute little nerd who couldn't climb the stairs without feeling winded. Then things... changed." Her tail twitched unconsciously. "Anywho, you seem to be off to a solid start."

Her gaze, like Sonnie herself, sometimes had trouble staying focused, as those golden-irised eyes were now wandering the workout station. The chin up bar was inviting. She stepped over to it and looked up at it. It seemed a little out of her reach, given she wasn't much over five feet tall.

"How long you been at it?" Just questions so far. No criticisms or unrequested advice seemed to be forthcoming.

A quick crouch and she leapt straight up, high enough to grab the bar with one hand. Aside from being a good jumper, the Steepscrambler also had a strong grip. She evidenced no trouble getting both hands on the bar and started doing chin ups. It was sort of like climbing!

8. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Great, now the monkey was showing off, doing like a bajillion pull-ups!

Except -- no, Sonnie wasn't showing off, Coco finally admitted to herself, breathing out a heavy sigh. Sonnie was just doing what they both had come here to be doing: she was working out. Coco, on the other hand, was doing what James had warned her about: lashing out at the people around her to see if that would push them away, and when if it did, then the prophecy she'd been telling herself was confirmed. Here Sonnie was, comparing her to a superhero (not that she could have known that, considering you'd have to pull a clockwork orange in order to get her to watch a Marvel movie), and yet she was being an ass.

"Sorry," Coco sighed, walking over to the pull up bars and using the vertical support for a brace as she started stretching out her hamstrings.

"I'm just frustrated. I don't ever remember feeling this out of shape. I mean, sure, I got into competing pretty late, but I still trained hard enough to qualify for the fucking Olympics. And then I went to Fff -- to, ya know, abroad, and I got even better, but now I feel like I just want to fall down after barely 30 minutes. Fucking Christ. Do you know what that feels like?"

The Wasp switched legs, and let out another sigh.

"You don't have to answer, I'm sorry. I'm just...struggling. The drug abuse fucked me up worse than I thought it would."

She wanted to say more. A lot more. But then the Spice Girls would probably have a reunion in Sonnie's ears, and she'd be left to keep struggling on her own. Which, honestly, was something that seemed much worse than having to endure being near a glistening physical paragon like this.

Funny how that worked out, wasn't it?

10. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

A friendly smile was the only sign of acknowledgment to Coco's apology. She wasn't making a big deal out of it. The Monkey just continued her pull ups as she listened to the Fairestfellow Beast. "Wait, wait, wait, the Olympics? Really? That's so cool! What event?" Was wearing cool hats a sport?

"It's okay," She stopped the exercise and simply hung there, looking at Coco. "I... vaguely remember? When I went abroad, I had to learn a lot of stuff. How to climb, how to forage, how to run. Had to learn it all fast because... law of the jungle, ya know? I got these faint memories of being so exhausted, all I could do was cry and pray I didn't fall out of the tree during the night."

The Claviger pulled herself up again, but this time all the way to her waist, where she bent forward and swung around the cross bar in a gymnastic maneuver. "Now I'm not sure I could stop if I wanted to. This crap comes so easy, it's weird. Like, it's instinct for me to do this." She did another flip around the bar, "Probably for the best, though? Have you seen how much I eat on a daily basis? If I stopped all this physical activity, I'd be the new star of My 600 lbs Life." Sonnie had her own addictive desires, apparently.

After a third trip around the bar, she paused, and looked at Coco while upside-down, "Well, seems like you're on the right track now. If you want help... that's up to you." Le gasp! "We. Could. Be. Workout buddies!"

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Coco's head snapped up at the sound of that offer, her antennae going almost perfectly vertical before resuming their normal bend and lilt.

"Workout buddies?" she repeated, the doubt in her voice bordering on incomprehension, as if she'd never heard of the term before, though based on the stunned expression plastered all over her face, that clearly wasn't the issue. After a moment, though, those faceted eyes narrowed again, and began to flick here and there, studying the monkey's form, as if searching for the hidden danger. Was there a danger? Was Sonnie anything besides what she appeared to be, a remarkably jovial and energetic and smoking hot fae? The answer was always yes, though, wasn't this what Coco had been waiting for? Wasn't this what she was so bitter about never having gotten, a welcoming hand (or paw, as it were)?

"Well, since you're basically always working out, wouldn't that just make us buddies?" Coco quipped back, though there was a smile on her lips and a suave facade had slid back into place.

"But, sure. I could really use the help, and if I'm being honest, what you've got?" Coco's eyes did another sweep up and down Sonnie's form. "Goals. Like, serious goals. I mean, maybe not as much with the gymnastics. That was never really my forte. I'm -- I was a fencer. Sabre. I qualified for the games in London, but surprise, surprise, I never ended up going. Instead I went abroad. But still, I was fit as fuck. Definitely not -- this."

The Wasp gestured down at sweat soaked self. There was definitely still a hint of a physique, though it definitely bordered more on anorexic than it did anything else.

"So, where do we start?"

14. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Woo! Workout Buddies is a go!" Grinning, the Beast slid her lower body over the pull up bar until she was hanging completely upside down. Her feet were hooked over the bar, and she swung back and forth a little. Normally her monkey toes would simply grip the bar, but her athletic shoes had those digits confined for now.

"Well, I don't always do this kinda exercise. Normally, I practice martials arts and I'm in a parkour club. I do this sort of thing to break up the routine, sometimes." That tail, five feet long and furry, humbly waved away the compliment. "Ah, thanks."

"Fencing? Sweet! Just like Sulu!"
    Upside down nods followed. The Claviger was clearly excited to meet someone else who practiced melee weaponry. "I train in staff fighting, myself!" More inverted nodding happened. "Oh, we used to have a guy in the Party Planning Club who trained with swords. Um, but he died last year."

"Anyway, what's your routine so far? Since you're just getting back into it, we can go at your speed until your engine is revving and the gas tank is full and the wheels are... spinning? You know what, this car analogy is getting away from me..." She eyed Coco's form, noting the hints of the old sleek physique. "Point is, you'll be a hot rod again in no time!" There was a brief pause. "Or would you prefer sports car? Oh, how about a motorcycle?" Focus, Sonnie.

16. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Summer was coming. It was in the air: in the breath of gentle wind; the heat radiating now from the sidewalk; the call of insects from the shrubbery and the trees. The year was turning. Anatole didn't have the metaphysical senses to detect the shift in the seasons, not yet, not this side of Summer. But he could guess.

The burly wizened was waring a new cheap suit. The jacket was looped under one arm and in his free hand he held a bag containing food and drink. He had ducked into the park to escape the relentless heat and the noise of the city.

He had not been expecting to see Sonnie Wu and an as yet unknown face. Playful conspired with Manic to render a truly impressive view. And it would also be true to say that the dwarf's interest was only piqued by the other changeling's mein's. The man Anatole had once been had been controlled and disciplined, almost sexless: Anatole retained some of those traits - but one might also have said his sense of attractive had shifted to the decidedly unearthly. Oh yes, he paused to appreciate the view.

Still smiling (all gentleman-like) he made his approach.

"I see you, Sonnie. Have you seen any well positioned tables or benches back along that ways? I'm looking to eat my lunch."

About as good an icebreaker as he could muster.

"And who would this be? I thought Circe was the only one of the ascendant team..."

He caught a scent of pollen - which didn't exactly belt out heat or advertise the martial rage of the Crimson. Anatole's lip curled and he raised an eyebrow.

18. Likes Origins, Cayce, Abyssalstar liked this post
    Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Coco's Mien

Mantle:

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

Coco couldn't help but giggle, at least a little bit, at the monkey's attempt at word play. Well, it was hard not to when she was basically getting treated to a gymnastics show, and it would definitely be fair to say that she was enjoying the view. And she noticed that Sonnie's eyes were on her, too. Did she like what she saw? Oddly enough, she didn't feel as self conscious as she had even just a moment before. Apparently, the athletic woman's cheerful attitude was at least a little contagious, and there just might have been a flash of teeth in the Wasp's smile.

"Yeah, well, Takei's an icon for a reason, isn't he?" Coco replied, coming out of her stretch and bouncing a few times on the balls of her feet to make sure she was ready to get back to it. She was definitely a little sore, but she wasn't out for the count yet!

"And I used to start with at least an hour of cardio, either running or cycling, but that's been kicking my ass. I mean, that's not even counting the two hours of fencing and another two of cross training before lunch. So I guess I should maybe try setting better goals, since I obviously can't do what I used to. At least, not yet."

She broke off as a mass of burn, scars, and beard approached, bushy white eyebrows raised in what she assumed was pleasant amusement.

"I'm Coco," replied, a little bluntly, looking to Sonnie to confirm that she knew the impressive barrel shaped fae.

"And I'm actually in the same club as Sonnie, though don't worry, I won't be like the --" fucking idiot" -- one who passed away. I mean, I know what they say about assuming, but I'd bet money he was some kind of knight errant, wasn't he? Well, I used to be like that, too, but I've since learned better," she explained, hands placed imperiously on her hips.

20. Likes Yumyumcrow, Origins liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread