Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Making Friends and Influencing People

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny looks around again. The scarred wolf in Denver had mentioned that Fremont was a safe park here in sacramento, but friendly among the People meant a lot of things. It could mean that everyone sang songs and roasted marshmallows and how much Luna loved us. Or it could be a fighting pit with blood seeped 4 feet down, and bodies under that.

He checks the large paper bag by his side, still full.

He waves at the passing jogger, who skirts away.
    Nope, not one of the People then. It was getting towards dusk, but the "wait and get lucky" approach was not cutting it so far. Worst comes to worst he'll wait till night and then howl to get some attention, but that would be a mess to deal with the unwelcome sorts.

Tiny stands up and stretches. The tan sport jacket and slacks with a red tie with a lightning bolt motif and a half-moon lapel pin may look nice, and make it abundantly clear whose side he was on. But damn are they hot. The heat is uncomfortable, and Skolis-Ur is very clear about suffering.

You take it. And you like it.
    Elodoth | Storm Lord | Primal Urge 1
    Grapes [/] [] [] [] [] [] [] WP (6/6)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Mark, Kelreth liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily liked the longer evenings, even if it was really cutting into her Mable time. This whole "Up at dawn, work, see her girlfriend, crash out in the early morning win a few short naps in between" was starting to take a toll on even her supernatural constitution.They'd have to talk about it, like they would about the Nexus.

Still, the Crescent wandered through the park, enjoying the sounds of nature. Then, it was there. Something on the breeze. A wolf. One she didn't know. She looked around. Another unfortunate side effect of long clear evenings was the number of Herd meandering around. Guess we do this the old-fashioned way.

They had to be very close, and the nearest two people were a young, tall, very athletic-looking...

You're drooling. Stay on topic Emmy. It's not her anyway.

Pulling her gaze from the exiting jogger she glances over to the other figure, a man. Short, bald... huh. Not many of us manage to go bald. Rarely last that long.

She could feel her heckles rising, but she was 90% sure she could take the old man. Or be pasted by him. Story of her life. Pale blue eyes roam over the attire, which seem to either be screaming "Storm Lord" or is Pure's cartoon version of one. The Ithaeur suppreses a laugh.

"Hey there. You looking for someone?" She asks genially, giving him a knowing smile.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

4. Likes Kelreth liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

The Midnight Wolf looks shaggy as he jogs by, dressed in grungy sweatpants and a hoodie; his nose crinkling as he passes the man, catching the scent.

Several more strides down the path he pauses at another bench and pauses to stretch. Wary eyes try to look casual as they search for another possible source of the scent, but can find no other suspects.

The purest sets his jaw as he comes striding up to the interloper.

"Hey," his voice comes out gruff, "did you see the markings?" The Ralunim eyes the Tiny up and down, noticing the lightening bolts marking him likely storm lord. Fenris-Ur help him, another one.

Renown

2 successes

1 success

failure

PU: 4

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

The welcoming committee didn't look like Anshega. No overwhelming smell of blood or ashes was always a good sign. They also didn't seem too concerned about him, so odds were they had friends where he couldn't see them. That was fine.

"I am yes! I'm Tiny, though you probably haven't heard of me."
    His voice is slightly high pitched and nasaly, and his tone is quite relaxed and congenial. He extends a hand to shake to the tatooed woman.
    Not too many people come up and ask curious questions with that kind of smile to Uratha. She's probably one of the People, but he's not Luna-rising-as-a-Crescent-tonight sure.

failure on renown

But the new guy certainly makes it clear that he, at least is one of them. "I'm new to town, looking for some nice People." He looks at the shaggy jogger, "No, I'm afraid I missed them; I was directed to come here by another Person a few months ago. Now that I'm here though, I'd like to know who you are." He extends a hand to the jogger, another warm smile.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

The daylight lingers long into the evening at this time, when the ripening years offers up the promise of a heady summer. Hector, Cahalith and Alpha of the Clarion Call, knows this. He can feel it in the air, even in his sense dulled Hishu shape. Perhaps that is why he is grinning: beaming an truly awful and beatific smile.

He cuts a horrid figure. Rangy. Shaggy hair, now too long and threatening to burst out into an unkempt mane. A growth of stubble at the very limit of transforming into furious beard. His sneakers are about to fall to bits, held together by a patina of dirt. He wares a long, light, duster style coat that is on the verge of falling apart. A stained T with one too many holes in it. And tartan pyjama pants.

And did I mention that he smells? The rancid aroma of a stinking back alley is his new perfume. And he loves it!

"So what's up, People?"

Coded language. Hector has spied two of the pack gathering together. That is enough for him: the People are but one pack in this city and they do not gather together lightly.

He doesn't make out Tiny till he draws near.

Hector smiles even more broadly. Between his saintly countenance, shattered teeth, and his stench, his appearance would be enough to drive off the Herd. Tiny of course, won't be moving far.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

1 success

Renown is a funny thing. Word might have reached Tiny - depending on what he knows about Sacramento's history, of course - about one wolf that refused to leave, when all the problems started. The one that dug in her heels. The one that survives. Rumours change, but there is one consistency - a punk-rocker look with unaturally coloured hair.

Emily looks Tiny up and down. At a few inches over five feet herself, She wasn't overly sure about the name, but takes the hand with a chill smile, especially now there are a few extra faces.

"Easy, tiger,"
    she offers to Bleeds Well. No point escalating things until they had to. At least "Tiny" came in amiably, and there were three of them, and one of him.

As is common, Hector's smell makes it presence known before he does. Emily smiles cheekily and gives him a wink. "Oh, not much. Just out for a evening wander, maybe meet some new people."

She looks back to Tiny, relaxed. "Really? It takes a certain type of person to direct people here. A lot of people love the sights, sounds and, uh," she glances at Hector, grinning, "smells of the city, but it's not always what People expect." She shrugs. "What do you know about the city so far? I hope you weren't expecting something... Pure and Simple?" The crescent chuckles at her own joke.

Hi-larious.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

The puns hit Bleeds Well like a flurry of haymakers from all directions. He winces, repeatedly, word play in the worst way.

"Well, welcome wee one, we won't whoop wanders without warrant. We're watchful," he gives Tiny a brief squint.

"Clarion's Call culls contemptuous conspirators currently, and continually. Carefully contemplate community citizenship and find frequent fellowship or fang, flame, fist, and fury."

The Suthar Anzuth smirks and extends a hand, "Bleeds Well."

PU: 4

Matthew
    Oath's Bastion
    Presence
    (Genial)
    Tiny

Honor 2
    Wisdom 1

PRE

Tiny smells Hector coming, and then doesn't smell anything but Hector. His eyes water, and the smile falters as he chokes back a cough. Still not as bad as the murder spirit den, but not pleasant for sure.
    Clever trick that. Weaponzied body odor.
    "What's up is that I'm here. Tiny, new to town, and it's nice to meet you." He offers a hand to Hector. It won't be pleasant, but thats what soap is for. Suffering is Skolis.
    And on the rapidly cratering chance that this is just some crazy homeless guy, well, who would believe him anyway.

He shakes Alison's hand. Its not a hard squeeze, but its a handshake so steady and firm you could anchor a boat to it.
    "You might remember her, the River Angel? She was part of the Heart of Granite a few years ago. Big scars on her back, looked like wings. She said that sacramento's courts were about as functional as a one wheeled tricycle. And since that's the problem I like fixing, she suggested I come here. Said this park was a good Tur."

He turns to Bleeds well and smiles wider.
    "Poetry? I am impressed. I muse, massage messages, and meander for mulled moments. Habit of being a lawyer. I prefer talking out problems rather than letting negotiations break down."

He shakes Bleeds Well's hand, and again, another firm handshake.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow, Mark liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector eagerly takes the lawyer's hand in his own, carefully matching his measure once it is clear this is no little old man. Hector moves back a little afterward to give the new wolf some space.

"Call me Hector. I take my cues from Big Red. Modern poetry is not really my thing. I prefer some of the older skaldic stuff... and the songs even older than that. English is not exactly my first language."

He stuck his hand in his coat hole pocket and immediately regretted it.

"Lawyer, huh? Is that your calling?" Hector laid a specific emphasis on Calling. There was only one Auspice that was Lawgiver among the People.

"Oh this is a very good Tur."

I have rolled for Hector's Glory as well.

Date Action Roll Result
    2020-05-24 01:27:52 Hector's Renown rolls 3 to Renown - Glory (10 Again) 3, 3, 9 1 success
    Word of mouth might speak of Hector as an Alpha from Sacramento by this point. Depending on how much information 1 success provides, word of mouth might indicate that Hector's pack is Clarion Call. Otherwise, Hector might be known as a protege of Max Roman from the Rocky Mountain protectorates... Take your pick
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There's a look to Bleeds Well. When did he enjoy tongue-twisters?

Eyebrows jump up at the mention of former Sacramento wolves. "The name rings a bell, but we never met. I.... didn't realise anyone else had gotten out. Things kinds went to shit about eight years back most disappeared - I didn't know enough locals to figure out if any escaped or just.... poof." Emily shrugs. "I was only a kid back then. My old gang kept me on a tighter leash than I liked, so I wasn't exactly well-connected."

There's quiet as Hector does his introductions. "Me too," she adds when he speaks of Red Wolf.

Lawyer? interesting profession for a Wolf, but it took all sorts, she supposed.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread