(Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Glory had been hard won.

Brigit's brands had grown following the defeat of Howl and, following a night of rest, the Redeemed sat on the couch close to dawn, eyes watching the light ebb across the sky.

Fingers eventually found her phone as Brigit rose, briefly observing the closed door of Emily's bedroom, before moving to a far window. Then, she scrolled to her contacts, hovering over Zeek's details for a moment before, finally making the Call.

"Hello? Bri?" Zeek answered, his words a mixture of restrained relief and uncertainty. Even Zeek knew that the chance always existed that it wouldn't be his wife making the call. Still, hope was evident in his tone. Now and then victories came to pass to prove it wasn't futile.

"Hey, babe" Brigit said, her voice holding a slight tremble of relief. Ezekiel felt it too and, together in the growing dawn, the couple wept with elation. Both had come to the realization that their time apart was coming to an end.

As the time passed, each composed themselves enough to speak once again.

"Back porch?"
    Brigit managed.

"Back porch," Ezekiel repeated, "I'm leaving now.... I love you, B."

"I love you, too," Brigit offered.

Plans made, Brigit quickly packed her duffle, restraining her excitement part way through so as not to wake the Crescent in the other room.

Emily Makerith would only find a note:

Going home.

Come by for a beer soon, but let the two of us have tonight?

Can you let the fam know it's done?

Love you!

- Bri

Then Brigit sneaked out and went to her Defender, firing it up and headed back to her own den.

Parking in the driveway, Brigit grabbed her duffle and headed to enter.

- - - - - - -

Later that night:

The time came.

Brigit stood at the back deck, looking up to the waning crescent in the sky when she heard the footsteps. The Once-Pure was unafraid, though, she knew the scent and, turning around, she saw her husband, standing in the doorway. On his face, his usual scruff was scruffier and the smells of the wood and earth decorated his scent.

Before he could get out a word. Brigit advanced, her hands reaching to grasp Ezekiel's head, and her lips roughly finding his. The desire of the pair soon turned feverish as they began to stumble their way over to a lounge chair, blindly scattering their clothing as they went. Soon, Ezekiel's back found the lounger and Brigit found herself atop him, biting his shoulder.

Then, beneath the gaze of Mother Luna...

Bliss.

Brigit has gained a point in Glory Renown, completing the proclamation provided by Hector If any of you want a scene let me know! I am updating Brigit's pack to place her back in the Call (if this is too presumptive, let me know!)

2. Likes , Kelreth, Yumyumcrow, Xadun liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

closing