Mississippi Bar: Night Hike

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

I'm assuming Edward and Alessandra agreed on a trail entrance to keep things easy.

Edward leaned against a post marking the trail's entrance, admiring the sky. It was a beautiful night. The glow of East Sacramento and Midtown reflected off the clouds above, casting the night before Edward's enhanced eyes as if it were day.

Edward was, as per his custom, early. He wore hiking boots, faded jeans, and a dark green bomber jacket.
    Alessandra

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

(Blush of Life, Heightened Senses (Sight))Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Bookkeeping

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

(-1 Vitae for Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ale had parked her car a little distance away, and walked up on foot. There was no Hell Hound at her side, and no guns tucked under her coat.

The Savage wasn’t late, but on time, walking up in black jeans with a green tank top. The color quite a stark contrast to her usual dark attire. Her jacket was a lightweight leather jacket with a hood, which was pulled up, obscuring her face.

Her Beast began to snarl and bite at the bars of its cage, demanding the chance to tear the weaker one apart. Yanking its chain back, she silenced it, offering a smile to Edward as she lowered her hood. Her skin had a healthy flush to it.

“Good evening Mr Heinrich.” Greets the Italian, “Where we’re out of the office, feel free to call me Sophia.” Sometimes you just needed to drop the titles. “Never been here before, it’s quite stunning.” She comments, looking at the city.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward stood straight as the Prince approached, he offered a restrained bow in greeting.

"Good evening Sophia. Please, call me Edward." Edward smiled easily. "It truly is," Edward nodded in agreement, "a gem of the community. There isn't a better place to think." He had spent a few nights here, clutching a notepad, scribbling down thoughts at they come.

"Shall we?" Edward gestures towards the trail, warmth filling the words; he was looking forward to this.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod with a smile, “Edward it is.” While she respected the traditions and etiquette of the First Estate, sometimes it felt good to drop the titles. “I have to say, I’m glad you’re agreeable to dropping the formalities. I enjoy evenings without them.” And it was finding those ok without them.

“Sure.”
    And waits to let him lead the way.

“Sounds like you spend a lot of time out here. I have to say, I might just have to visit again, it’s nice and quiet.” No phones ringing, no one needing her. “Do you seek out places like this?”

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward nodded, "I understand," and while he did, he also did not entirely agree with the sentiment. Titles could be dropped because, for him, the only thing more important than the social law of the Invictus was the Traditions. Using Kindred titles in the hearing of Kine was unacceptable.

It was nice, though. Edward started the walk, the path inclined quickly, an unusually sharp hill for the usually flat Sacramento topography.

"It would be a pleasure to run into you." Edward smiled. "I do, my work is a quiet thing punctuated by emergencies. Always waiting for the next failure is grating, it became important to distance -- the stress was impacting my performance when it mattered most." It was especially bad for those who over-identified with their job. A professional emergency became a personal emergency, and that just wasn't something you could take every week for years.

"I learned that from my early mentors, I used to look down on them for it, I saw it as lacking dedication. I was young." Those who didn't learn burned out and failed.

"Do you ever seek space away from everything, Sophia?" There wasn't so much concern as a curiosity in his tone.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Or this could become a regular thing.” But probably not. Not many Kindred wanted to spend their evenings with the Prince, she got it.

“Sounds a little similar to my personal work. Things run smoothly, quietly, then next thing you know, everything looks to be falling apart. Only to need a steady hand and guidance to solve the issue.”
    At least, it was that way for her.

“I can see how it could appear as a lack of dedication. And it’s amazing how as we get older, our views change and we see things differently. I know I’ve had quite a few experiences with that, but, experience is the greatest teacher.”
    Or it had been for her.

Taking a moment to think, she nodded, “I do now. Most of my youth was spent on the road, moving from one city to another. And now, I seek that solstice that being alone can bring. No cells, no computers, just me and my thoughts.” A deep sigh, “I need more of that.” More time for herself.

“How has the city been treating you? Are you enjoying it?”

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

If I'm worthy? Or was it just giving him the chance to drop the issue? Lacking the full measure of Alessandra, Edward wasn't sure. Would it be too presumptuous to 'accept?'
    "Should you," and mental gears churned anticipating the reply of 'I don't,' "on later nights, reflect favourably upon the evening, it would be my pleasure to walk with you again."

"For those of us who seek to hold back the chaos, it always seems to end up that way." A brief pause, punctuated by the sound of gravel underfoot. "I beg your excuse for saying so, but hearing you say that makes me feel even more comfortable under your leadership."

As the Prince spoke of the greatest and harshest of teachers, Edward nods his agreement. A thousand half-formed thoughts and experiences were allowed to course through him — all of which were almost replies, but none were given form.

"It is a hard thing to find time for when so many rely on you." It was more an idle statement of fact than an expression of sympathy. It wasn't as though he didn't understand, but she had chosen this path. They both knew that. He wouldn't dare treat that choice as piteous.

"I've found wonderful success in my endeavours." But then Edward shook his head and laughed. "My apologies, that wasn't your question. Ms. Wood asked something very similar. I admit it's not something I often dwell upon. It seems somewhere along the way the metric has been confused for the goal." The map is not the territory, and all that, "I am slow in becoming accustomed to a place, everything is unfamiliar, and I do not yet know what places and which people align with my inclinations. But, it has been just over a year now." Edward has a slow stride, but each step finds its place, landing firm, as though he has walked this path many times before; he has. "I quite like Sacramento."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage chuckled softly to herself, it sounded like a carefully thought out reply. Which she expected. “Well, lets see how the night goes then.” Even out of the Nox, that distance was still there between other Kindred and herself. It was sad really.

“Nothing to excuse, I welcome others to speak bluntly and what’s on their minds.”
    Sometimes it provided a different view on things. Sometimes not, but, whatever. “How so? Most are critical of my leadership.” Everyone always thought they could do it better.

A nod as she took in the area, “It is. And it’s often neglected, which I don’t think can be too healthy.” Hence getting out.

The Savage laughed as well, “Wasn’t my question, but it’s still good to know. Finding success is always something worth mentioning. Many seek it, but not as many are successful in achieving it.” Just how things were. “I get that. As someone who spent most of her evenings moving from city to city, it can be hard to adjust and find your footing. Maybe I can help, what are your inclinations?” she didn’t think they would match hers, but, she’d give it a go. “I’m glad to hear that. The city has a certain draw to it, making one want to settle for a while. Have you spent much time anywhere else?”

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Thank you, Sophia. I will hold that in my thoughts." And he did, instead of supplying empty reassurances as she referenced criticisms, he focuses on her question. "We are the same in our position on the matter; similarity is its own comfort." A pause, wondering if he dared, "more importantly, one cannot hold that attitude towards leadership and remain apathetic to subordinates." He dared! He would have struck me down for that.

"My inclinations are all things computer, and anything cardio. I fence, and I've taken up hiking. But you know that part already." He smiled, a laugh almost emerging, "Mr. Mitnick and I had an excellent game of Core Wars, it's a competitive computer programming game." He was gone now, as was Aiden, as was Thomas. It would appear the draw of the city was not enough for them.

"Seattle growing up, Atlanta for work, and I was headhunted for our Company in Vancouver. A couple years were spent in-house adjusting."

"But, Atlanta was more a time than a place; life was work, the city a distraction." That wasn't a mistake he would repeat. "If you don't mind me asking, why the travel?" As they crested the hill, the American River came into sight, glittering in the night.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread