Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens in intent silence to the advice with the sound of hard won experience from his elder, Alice Hart.

"Well. Ma'am, Seneschal Hart. It has to do with the way rank works in my Order." Dirt Nap 'explains'. "Studying and living through Changes is one way, but another way has to do with Oaths. That one trumps the first. I can go up as high as can be the first way, and someone shows up from the other way; well, they're calling the shots. Some of those swear to protect, fighters basically. That's now for me. I had enough of that to know, it's not what I want to hang my hat on. Encourages the wrong way from where I am trying to get to. Another way though, is about learning. I would like that. And to start, you have to find a special kind of place, of power, and write it up and describe it. You don't necessarily have to control it or own it though, technically. I heard tell a place like that might be underground hereabouts."

Dirt Nap actually takes a breath, as if to speak, when Alice Hart announces her claimed service for the boon he owes her, but nothing comes out! It is a long, silent moment before he says, slowly and softly, "I have to say, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart. That seems like an honor to me more than chore. I feel more in your debt for it than less. You are more than welcome to come. I expect the our chances of finding something worth the trouble and not finding actual trouble are a lot better for you being there."

He adds after a long pause, "I understand, I'm basically prospecting on someone elses claim; anything I find is yours, not mine."

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Her head tilts. A sharp angle that wouldn't be welcomed to any other neck lest it be broken.

"Thank you for your explanation." She says, "I've not many chances to speak with any of the Ordo Dracul, of the Ordo Dracul. Even with these...sanitized terms." which wasn't a surprise, no matter who she was she wasn't a Dragon. She's only been the voice of one. "It is a Covenant that has always been of an interest to me."[/color] she admits. "Teasing the curious with their secrets."

Her neck straightens as she releases her head from it's tilt.

"Which is perhaps a reason why I wish to come with you." comes her hollow voice, faintly amused by his compliments. No one had done that before. Assume her great because of her post.

She felt like Twist.

Did she, Alice Hart, scare new arrivals and neonates? What a marvel feeling.

"Would it be?" She asks. Wondering after his answer.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

4. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"You are welcome, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." Dirt Nap says when she thanks him for his explanation.

"Well, personally, I don't aim to tease. I am trying to do better at respecting the secrets of my Order. But the example when I got here was that my Order was kind of showy about the Changes, at least the ones that worked out. If you don't mind my asking, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart, what would you like to know? If you could have a clear answer about anything you wanted to know, that is?" Dirt Nap asks, obviously curious in his tone and demeanor. "If I can, I will answer truthful, but maybe not complete. I am not a fan of teasing."

"Okay, I guess strictly speaking, if you want to get um, metaphysical about it, sure, I could take away the knowing of things that I couldn't rightly share, if we find what I hope." Dirt Nap admits. "What I rightly meant to say is, I respect your claim to any physical thing we find, being as it's on your Clan territory. I guess if we tripped over something that was obviously belonging to another Clan or Covenant in the hunt, well I wouldn't be the one to cause a stink over it." He says. "Though if it concerned my Order, I couldn't rightly keep it a secret from them, neither."

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Was that the nature of Dirt Nap, or simply the nature of the Gangrel?

"I've admitted to questions, and I'm glad to hear that you are not one to...tease answers, but my first questions to you are, what do people normally ask? What questions do you want to answers?"

Was the Savage expecting that? She didn't know. But she did wish to hear whatever the Horse Trainer had to say.

Her head tilts again, snapping more quickly to centre then it had last time.

"This, is far more rational then most kindred I've spoken too." many were greedy, gluttonous things. "Well, when we're under the earth, and searching. I suppose it does, indeed, matter what we find. There's no use deciding now, only to be disappointed later."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap chuckles softly at Alice Hart's question about others' questions. He is mindful of the need to treat others' secrets with more respect than he might treat his own.

"Well Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." Dirt Nap says slowly, "I gotta say, I don't know as the word 'normal' rightly applies to anything to do with it."

He is silent, pondering, apparently, for a long minute, completely still and staring intensely. Then almost abruptly he takes a breath and says, "The ones that have asked me questions before have all been following up on a conversation with some other Dragon first, so no one has really asked me the obvious questions, like what kind of thing is possible or what it costs to try it." Dirt Nap explains. "One asked me what it feels like. I told them about horse training, that you don't teach tricks to perform, you train 'em to change, so they are just a different animal after, they will always react different from then on whether anybody reinforces the training or no. You don't have to remember it for it to still be there no matter what."

Dirt Nap ponders and says, "Another asked me real specific, if it was possible to Change so that frenzy would be manageable no matter what. It is possible; I've done it. Those are the only two I recall that weren't asking about politics."

Dirt Nap smiles slightly at Alice Hart's comment about his being more rational than most. "Thank you Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." He says. "That does me good to hear; I do try to be as rational as I can, even if I end up deciding to do something that isn't, I try to be honest about the fact." He pauses and then adds, "Of course, I am pretty young yet; I suppose it could all change."

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"True for some, but it is for you." She says after a moment, what was 'normal' to kindred, to those who saw the blood warp and shape and drive them. Those who knew the touch of the gods and the force of destiny.

"Who would want to ask of and talk about politics?" her head tilts again, she scoffs. The sound an ache in the empty spaces "We are a whole speak far, far to much of politics." Her head shakes, jerk-jerk-jerk - She stills, a sudden stop. "Were these people who asked these questions, in search of answers your Covenant can provide? Did they want to call themselves Dragons themselves?" She wonders, giving voice to her thoughts. "I would wonder more, of, not the physical sensations, but the...thoughts. In that moment. Between. Then, and now. The..." she trails off. Mind on another change, happened in the crystallized moment between resolution and desertion, wrought in that silent dreaming place.

She's brought out of her musings by a question, perhaps rude, but one she was curious about, "How, old are you. If I might ask."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap chuckles, "Well, I 'spose for me, 'politics' might include a whole bunch of things that might be considered 'basic necessities' for someone else. People ask me about the Order's property and the ranks and such." He explains, "And what the goals of the Order are and where its loyalties sit."

"I have told people that I believe the loyalty of everyone in my Order is supposed to be to our Study, and what helps it along. For some, that seems to mean building up political power and property holdings. Me being Gangrel--or maybe just being me--I have tended to find that getting or having power over other people or things tends to take time and attention away from progress in my Studies. I suppose most in my Order might see it differently. For me, a strong Prince and Officers that keep things stable and orderly is the best thing for my Studies, so the best thing for my Order." Dirt Nap explains.

"The more interesting ones, asked me questions about what was possible, even if only the good possibilities, not the most likely ones." Dirt Nap says, "Mostly just a couple, who already made up their mind to join the Order, and were just asking to make sure what they wanted to Change could be done in their taking up Study in the Order." He confirms.

"Ma'am, Seneschal Hart, I apologize. I didn't answer your other question, about what I wish people asked. It's about the how. I am pretty much a step by step, in a straight line kind of mind, I think. I like to think about how to get from where I am to where I want to be. So to me, the Change is all about what comes before. First, the decision, more like a realizing that a body can't live with itself, doesn't want to live and would rather die then live without a certain Change. That's what it takes to make the first step. Our whole situation seems to be about staying the same, except for slowly becoming less...solid, I guess. To decide to Change, really make that commitment no matter what, is pretty unusual at least in my experience." Dirt Nap says.

"Then comes the little steps to get ready. It's different for everyone. For me, it's about doing what is uncomfortable, on purpose. I want to Change to where I can live and grow strong on animal blood. That's not the way it is, so that is a Change alright. But first, I start living on nothing but animal blood even though it doesn't satisfy, and makes me a runt of the litter. Then I start living on scraps, not my herd, but what I can catch in the Barrens or the underground, nothing but rats and such, like living on nothing but crumbs. It can be done without a Change, but deciding to do it, and sticking to it is a kind of change in itself, a change in my mind." Dirt Nap explains. "If I make the right changes to my mind, I find my body tends to follow."

"The actual Change comes when you are not awake, maybe not alive or whatever we are when we are awake. I haven't myself yet had Torper, but I've heard tell it's a lot the same, you don't know what happened while you were in it, but you wake up different. Or you don't wake up at all. The trick isn't really to Change, but to Change in the way you want. That seems to come, if you prepared long and hard enough and in the right way, doing things you don't like or want to."

Dirt Nap goes still and silent for a long moment at Alice Hart's question about his age.

"Well Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." Dirt Nap says slowly. "I don't mean to be difficult, but to me that's a difficult question to answer."

He is quiet and thoughtful, concentrating for another long moment and then abruptly Dirt Nap says, "There was a man born in nineteen sixty six, who would be fifty three years old later this year, if he'd lived. But he didn't. That man died in nineteen eighty seven from cancer when he was only twenty one years old. I have his memories, most of them at least as far as I can tell. But I don't believe I am that man. So that's the difficulty, you see Ma'am? I tend to believe that man died and went to heaven, and I am some kind of recording of him, like a tape recording being played over and over, wearing down over time until there's nothing left of the original record."

Dirt Nap shrugs, "That's how I see it anyway. I mean to do the man right, be true to the recording as long as I can, fight for it the same way he fought the cancer for every minute, even knowing he was going to lose to it in the end."

14. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Everything's politics if you work hard enough." She says with a murmur that might have seemed teasing if the tone wasn't so sour. Though, to the words that follow, she simply nods, strings pulled and jerking. Knowing that he was in favour of a stable Domain was a good thing indeed, she had heard things from Ale of the Dragons whom resided within the Domain while she...slept.

As the Savage speaks, Alice knows the cadence of his voice, the tone of the breath needed to speak.

"I would assume that any Change is possible. No matter if it had been done before. Knowing that it has means that you know that it can be. Venturing into the unknown seems, more. To me." She hadn't made her own leap of Faith until she couldn't see to know. Trusting the breath of her gods to lead her true.

"No, I understand. To Change you need to decide not to be as you are - were, if you are lucky to commit, yes?" comes her hollow voice after a moment. "Though if you want to spend some time in Torpor....that can be arranged. It, is and enlightening experience. I was, hm. Lucky that my first experience with Torpor was controlled. Her Grace, The Prince, then Reeve stuck a stake in my heart. Then removed it after time served." Now, would the Gangrel go and spread the story? The Law to Ale was a godhood itself, mightier then friends or kings.

She returns to silence as she listens. Still as a statue, quiet as death.

"Thank you for sharing." she dips her head. Strings pulled and jerking. There is something might have been a smirk upon petal pink lips. "Shall I share a secret with you?"

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is completely still and silent as Alice Hart murmurs on the nature of politics, or maybe the nature of politicians. He watches so intently as she nods while he describes his desire and appreciation for a stable Domain as to practically stare.

"Well, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart," Dirt Nap takes a sudden breath like a gasp to say, "I wouldn't say any Change is possible. It could be so, but I don't believe I would say that." He says in a cautious tone.

Dirt Nap's eyes bulge slightly as if his usual, intense observation to the point of staring isn't enough for what Alice Hart is saying, when she talks about having been put into Torper in the past, by her friend the Prince when she was the Reeve. He makes not a sound and takes no breath, though.

He nods as she talks about the commitment required; she understands it at least as well as he does, he suspects.

Dutifully responding to her offer, "Ma'am, Seneschal Hart, I appreciate your offer. I have to say, I am pretty careful to keep my interesting experiments like that in line with the Change I am aiming for at the time." He pauses, "There is a Change, I've heard tell, for a shorter Torper than the age and power of a body would normally allow. I don't have plans along that way, but if I do, I would take you up on that. It's a real blessing to have someone who could be trusted like that."

Dirt Nap goes still as a stiffened corpse for a full minute after Alice Hart asks if she should tell him a secret.

Abruptly breathing in, he says in a quiet, respectful tone, "Well."

Then after another ten seconds, "Ma'am, Seneschal Hart, I suppose I'd like to hear anything that you think I should be told." He says in a tone of respectfully entrusting his fate.

18. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She nods her head, in that same eerie jerk of a strings pulled movement, but whatever words might the Doll had weren't allowed passed her lips, instead what escapes her throat is a hollow hum, a sour note.

"Is there?" she asks, but only as a cursory thing. He had said that unknowable sorts of Changes were possible, and something that aided in Torpor was something that many Kindred would work towards. "Yes, you can call on me for something like that. A controlled Torpor is much preferred then when it comes upon you suddenly or within the realms of combat. If I were to choose between them I would say the former, but then again, the latter taught me different lessons." both leading up to, and during the darkness. Hungry jaws and inescapable pressure.

A laugh, hollow again. The Doll didn't seem to have anything to offer but echoing and empty sounds.

"Telling others of ourselves is harrowing. Especially when you go into...personal detail. I'm to give you something equal to your share." How did he start? Should that be the way she did it...? No, no she remembers now, there had been a story she told...Robert. She told him the Burned Man. No. The story she told was to...Garrick. Not to her lover, he hadn't gotten a Once upon a time.

"There once was a girl, born in nineteen ninety. Who would have been thirty this fall if she hadn't died when she was twenty three." she's older then the Horse trainer, and younger. "A man was hired to kill her, and according to all records, he succeeded."

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread