Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap makes his way in to where the office of the Seneschal is located, being careful to follow all the rules and protocol, and not to surprise anyone.

Reaching his target, he knocks on the door softly. "Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." He says too quietly for any mortal ears to hear, "It's Dirt Nap. If now is a good time, I had a question about some personal, official business."

He adds, belatedly, "I could make an appointment for another time, if that works better for you, Ma'am."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Lyssa, the Senechal's Ghoul is the one to open the door and invite the Gangrel in after a moment. She holds the door open long enough for Dirt Nap to cross the threshold, before closing it behind him. After this, the Ghoul seems to fade into the background.

Now inside, Dirt Nap will find the scent of sage and other aromatic herbs a strong one, and might notice incense sticks, with piles of ash laying under them. Occasionally these piles have been decorated with spiralling finger patterns. The Gangrel's eyes could be drawn to a splendid dark wood desk, it's legs craves with a intricate designs. Scattered leaves, weaving vines. Predators and prey of all sorts along with the signs and sigils of the Gods Alice has pledged her unlife to.

From behind the splendid desk sits, Alice. He can see a pastel blouse with some floral patterning. The Haunt gestures to the pair of chairs in front of her desk.

"Dirt Nap, you are lucky that I have nothing pressing to see to, though, please in the future, call for an appointment."

She waits for him to sit, returning her hand to the books in front of her. Fingers moving away form the raised dots. Then, she waits for him to speak.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Once invited, Dirt Nap moves inside with alacrity. He nods first, slightly to Ghoul, "Ma'am." He says in direct acknowledgement of her service.

Once inside Dirt Nap is staring at the desk for a moment, then noticing the gesture, he takes a seat, "Thank you kindly, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." He says. "I didn't think to ask your number before. I am sorry."

After a moment of silence, Dirt Nap says suddenly, "I came about my boons, what I owe. I am not sure what to do about them, with no Harpy. I asked, and got some advice, that you might be keeping track." He adds, "Ma'am, Seneschal Hart."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"You can easily find my office number within the Nox, it's even on the bulletin board." She says, Court officials were always easy to get a hold of. She knew that it wasn't just those of the Domain that had access to that. Though of course, her privet number wasn't given out lightly.

She falls in silence waiting, again for Dirt Nap to speak.

"Your Boons." she repeats. "I haven't tracked Boons in the past. Though I have been aware of them. Without a Harpy, I had thought that the Lady Notary Hazelton would track the Domain's Boons." the Domain's boons, were not just Invictus Boons, but her Cousin should be able to track them with how scant the notable kindred within Sacramento were.

"What, do you owe?" she asks, after another silence.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is quiet. "I am sorry, Ma'am. I didn't even think to check if I could look it up like that, on a list." He apologizes.

He nods when Alice Hart says that Jennifer Hazelton might be the one he's looking for. He is just preparing to be dismissed, to go see about talking to her, when the Seneschal asks what he owes.

Since it's his understanding that a request from the Seneschal, here in her office, is practically the same as a request from the Prince herself, he stops cold, and tries very hard to gather his thoughts and answer as completely as possible. Truthfulness is a given, for him.

"Well. Now." Dirt Nap says, pondering, "I messed up the very first time I was here at Court, and owe the Prince a minor boon." He confesses. "I accidentally called her by a title in a way that was an insult."

"I misspoke another time, also at Court and owe a minor boon to Garrett Prosper for insulting him, though I guess he's long gone now..." Dirt Nap muses.

After another pause, Dirt Nap says, "I offered a minor boon to the last Sheriff, who went by 'Derek' to teach me Obfuscate. He accepted, and then later decided he wanted to be my student in my Order, in hopes of taking the Coils of the Dragon to be able to shut down a frenzy whenever it happened no matter what, but if he comes back and claims it, I will be good for the minor boon."

He concludes, "I offered a minor boon to the Lady Notary Hazelton for ignorantly trespassing in the Clan's lands, underground. She accepted, but for someone else. She didn't tell me who. So I suppose I don't rightly know who I owe that one to."

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods, invisible strings jerking.

"Did you call her my Prince?" She asks, "If so, count a minor boon a blessing. To my knowledge, one of the last to use that particular word is now dust in a jar on her office shelf."

She listens, nodding once more, strings lulling, then tugged taut. "This Prosper, is so long gone that I do not know of him. Consider that boon hung, until such a time that he returns. If he ever will." the command comes easy to the Doll, and a part of her, a far away memory of a childlike naivety, marvels.

"We are bereft of a Reeve as well. Is this a pattern?" she asks. Her mocking tone teasing, twisted. If this earnest kindred wasn't as earnest as he seemed, well them. Alice would tip her hat at the player.

She smiles next, too wide, too fake. Entirely too sharp.

"That Boon Lady Hazelton claimed, is on my behalf. I am the Keeper of the Necropolis." she informs him.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap lowers his head, "I did do that, yes Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." He admits. "I count myself much more lucky than I deserve. I my only defense for the mistakes I made is that I try real hard to stop digging once I find I'm in a hole."

He nods at Alice Hart's comment about Garret Prosper. Since his cousin forgot about the Boon at least once while he was still here, it doesn't seem likely to come up even if Prosper did return.

"Oh." Dirt Nap is still for a minute when Alice Hart reveals that she is the one who holds Dirt Nap's Boon for trespassing, and comments on the Reeve being absent. Again. He isn't put off by her disturbing manner of speaking and acting, having resolved to take her at her plain speech no matter how it comes across.

Dirt Nap shakes his head slowly. "I can't say for certain." He says thoughtfully. "It seems a lot of people come and go. The sheriff before him, she was here when I got here, and left when I was out of town, so I don't know how much that job seems to change. There's just been the two since I've been around." He says. "I suppose, since I'm just about my Study, and not that kind of ambitious, I never thought of it that way." Dirt Nap explains. "I am putting all my time and concentration into learning how to be the boss of my own self, not anybody else."

He nods, "Yes Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." Dirt Nap admits. "I owe you a boon alright." He says. "I didn't know about the Lady Notary Hazelton. I am sorry for taking up your time without an appointment for something I guess I should have taken to someone else." He apologizes, and is silent, trying to decide whether his latest mistake should best be addressed by offering another minor boon. "I suppose, all things considered, I could owe you two, seeing as it seems I've been wasting your time by my ignorance, same as I trespassed by ignorance too." He offers.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A short, hollow laugh, "Then, count yourself lucky indeed." Ale might have warmed if this kindred was still living with only a minor boon to bind him, or with his status as a Dragon, might have protected his ignorance. "That's more wisdom then many in your place. Some find themselves in a hole and think the only way out is to dig deeper."

Yes, oh. she thinks to herself.

"Sacramento has always been transient." She begins, "I first came to Sacramento January of 2016, and I've been Senechal to two Princes, and Priscus to the Haunts, several times over. I step aside when I believe a Cousin has the potential to lead my Clan. As I have with Lady Hazelton.

"When I first arrived. The current Priscus, Bishop Gilroy told me that if I stayed long enough that was all the Domain would need as proof of my competence and commitment."
    though he hadn't put it that way exactly, but he, and she were Haunts and more used to derision and contempt. "That when I knew more who had left then who were here, that I would be held to tittles I didn't want, and responsibilities I was fearful of. If you keep to your studies long enough, you might find yourself in a similar position." though with Ale and Mabel, his chances within the Savages were limited, but the Domain always needed bodies.

"If I hadn't the time for you," she says cutting into his apologies. "I wouldn't have opened my door to you." she informs him, "Though if you are going to be offering me a boon, I will not say no to it. Though now, I am gaining more of an understanding as to why you owe so many."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens intently to the content, the words, watching intently but focusing on the meaning not the tone or expression. He nods when Alice Hart says he should count himself lucky. He does, though he doesn't deliberately leave anything to chance. Nothing he considers really important. Not his Change.

He listens as Alice Hart describes all the changes that have happened since she first came to town, and how just sticking around long enough can get you promoted whether you're looking for it or now.

"Yes Ma'am, Seneschal Hart. I have been trying to use the time to go as far as I can in my Study." Dirt Nap admits, "Before a higher up comes from my Order. But rushing it is a handy way to end myself, so it can't be rushed either."

"I guess the Lady Notary Hazelton filled you in on why I am hoping to explore, and what I am hoping to find." He says.

"Ma'am, Seneschal Hart, if I really haven't offended you, then I guess I should probably hold off on adding another debt to my pile." Dirt Nap says slowly, thoughtfully.

"I really haven't done much of that kind of thing. I didn't even know there was a lot. I kind of got the impression that if I needed to apologize, a boon was the way to prove my apology wasn't just empty words. I haven't yet had anyone actually claim a boon from me. I suppose it's the kind of thing someone would hold on to maybe a long while if it suited them." He says, showing just the slightest regret, not so much at owing someone, but at not being able to do them a service to pay them off.

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"We have time." if you play right, you always had time. "Rushing will get you killed, or worse." she says, this more from experience then anything else. Her scars might have healed, but she still vividly remembers the feeling of those jaws clamping down and tearing into her, she remembers the fetid scent of blood stale breath. The oozing slick of the saliva coating her body.

"Yes, something dear to your Covenant. She didn't offer many details." would Dirt Nap fill in the blanks?

She nods then, slowly. Still jerking, still strings pulled. Many would assume she would collect another boon, few would realize that she wouldn't until the offer was assumed.

"You would be correct," she begins, "Offering unprompted tells many of your character, and if they can abuse it. Though, tangling yourself in too many means that you own yourself no longer. Or that none could trust your world, for you owe a boon to each and all.

"Now, to pay back your Boon to me, you will take me when you go searching."

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread