Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

""Thank you, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." Dirt Nap says when she waves off his apology. "Mighty gracious of you, Ma'am."

"I don't think I did know that, Ma'am." He answers. Best not to be too curious about how people got to be in charge, and who was in charge before them.

"So Ma'am, you chose to serve a Prince before? If it's alright to ask, Ma'am, was that here too?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Yes, it was within Sacramento. In the years before, when our Prince, now. Was simply Reeve." She offers a too wide smile, sharp and cracking. "I served, Prince Asa Clarke. Who, had been Prince long before I was Embraced." though that was only speculation. Once she would have said that Asa would be Prince long after she had meet her Final Death, like how Twist was the Prince's Hound, would be the Prince's Hound and would always be the Prince's Hound. "He was a fair Prince. One that I was glad to serve. Though there was, of course, exacting standards." she doesn't shudder as Asa's familiar voice rips through her ...not have an animal for a Seneschal...

She takes a moment, "The reason I wished to bring the former Prince up, was, that. He had been of the First Estate when I originally came to Sacramento, but he left the Invictus for the Ordo Dracul. He might have left something behind within the Chapter House." she doubted that, he wouldn't have left anything of true value when he left, and if he did Twist would have long retrieved it. Or, wait, perhaps if he had, it was to be a test. Which might be a good thing, or perhaps something the Lord would have laughed at. Perhaps, both. Most assuredly both. "I never got to properly speak to him, of the Ordo, and the Change, was wondering if it was the same for all Dragons, or similar along Clan lines, or nothing like it at all...."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens intently. He doesn't move a bit while Alice Hart speaks, talking of the past, of a Prince of his own Order, of a Chapter House.

"Well." Dirt Nap ventures, as if testing his ability to take in air and convert it into speech.

"Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." He says. "I only got to these parts less than two years ago, and I don't much know about what came before. I supposed my Order tends to look ahead more than behind, and rank in it tends to be just from what we do not who we are or were. We might talks sometimes about the reason for our choices, and that might matter, but most don't mention even that. It's the only thing that matters, really to us; everyone has a Study that means more to them than life. Why it does is probably different for everyone of us." He speculates it might be different in other orders, lineage might matter. "I heard tell of another Chapter House, that had to be left, collapsed and buried." He muses. "There might have been something said about leaving things behind, no time to take them."

He sighs. "The place I know of, for my Order now is clean as a whistle except a blood stain or two that won't come out." He answers completely.

"Did the Prince you knew, the one who was of my Order, did he show any sign of Changing after? Like needing less of something, blood, sleep, or being able to handle more of something, fire, eating, seeming more like a living thing or more hunger of hurt with no frenzy?" Dirt Nap asks with naked curiosity.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Ah." she breathes out an acknowledging sound. "I hadn't heard that, but you are the only Dragon I have spoken with in sometime. I'm afraid my knowledge of things might still be out of date." She couldn't identify the emotion running through her at the notion that the old Chapter House had been gutted, and burned. Maybe it was just that it was set to fire, like the farm from long ago, and unlike her, this lone Dragon had already begun building back what once was.

"Were I speaking of any other then Asa Clarke I might have answered you. I am sorry that I dangle such possible knowledge in front of you, but I will not divulge those secrets." her voice a mockery of regret. "Were you have met the former Prince you would understand, Prince Antinori seems like a kitten in comparison." she tells the Gangrel. Ale was Ale, Alice had known the Savage for years, since even before the Invictus held claim to her, but Asa....he was affable. A Lord of Lords, Unconquered Dragon. The Domain knew to handle everything without bringing it to his attention, for if you brought his attention due to your fumbling and incompetence...well. Well.

"But I am afraid that our time is drawing short Dirt Nap, perhaps we can speak again another night."

We're now over time, we should wrap within a post or two

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Yes, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." Dirt Nap says, nodding as Alice Hart talks about the past, and her limited contact with any Dragons, recently. And then the way she speaks of the former Prince.

"I understand, of course, Ma'am. It's another thing, discussing secrets that we aren't the rightful owners of." Dirt Nap says respectfully.

Dirt Nap rises from his seat. "Thank you kindly for your time, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." He says softly. "I learned a lot every time you give me some of your time." He says. "And you have a way of making learning available without needing a whipping to get the point across. I am really grateful for your time and sharing your experience, Ma'am."

Dirt Nap prepares to leave, pausing out of respect to be dismissed. "I do have some things to take care of, and I would like it a lot to talk more about the changes you lived through; and anything you want to hear from me. I am thinking I should go now, and just look forward to the next time I get the chance to talk in private like this, if there is a next time. Either way, it's been a right pleasure, Ma'am."

Thank you very much for the fascinating and touching scene! I need to go set up something with Lady Hazelton now that this will be in continuity! Dirt Nap has his boons to confess!

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She doesn't know if he's being sincere, she knows he appears to be, but they were kindred, and kindred were cruel to those who appeared to be as sincere as Dirt Nap.

"No one should be barred from learning." she says, standing with him. "Sometimes a whip might help, gaining either party the enlightenment needed, the clarity that only being in such a position can bring, but I wouldn't presume to offer those sorts of lessons within the walls of my office." she says, mind suddenly on Katya, and the Asylum. She shakes her head, giving into those jerking motions, "It has been a pleasure, and if you would like to continue our conversation, please call me and we can set up a meeting,"

Lyssa rises from where she had sat, she leads the Gangrel to the door, while Alice returns to her work.

This has been an amazing scene! Thank you!

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread