Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Stranger in the Kitchen

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

It was around 6 in the morning, and there was someone in the kitchen. The sound of things frying in skillets and the smell of mushrooms, peppers, and meat was slowly wafting out into the hallways of the theater. An electric griddle was also set up on the kitchen island, and a pale brunette was flipping freshly made cornbread flapjacks onto a plate, while her other hand held a small tablet with a how-to cooking video playing. She was dressed like she was right at home, a simple white, wife-beater tank top and grey sweatpants, with her bare feet resting on the tile floor. Her bare arms were covered in a latticework of silvered scar tissue, the old cuts spiraling into the vague hints of patterns over her flesh.

"Ah, fuck," she griped, realizing that there was a dark brown hair peeking out of one of the jacks.

"Shit, shit, shit," she muttered, yanking the hair out and destroying half of the little pancake. She threw the hair away and checked the rest of the down-home flapjacks, and after a moment, shrugged, left the rest on the plate, and turned back to the stove where her hash was getting all nice and crispy. In just a few moments, it should all be ready to plate.

She threw the tablet into the sink and turned the water on, then flipped a fresh spoon out of a drawer, grabbed a pudding cup from the fridge, and went back to watching the stove, one foot tapping idly at the tile floor as she stirred the pudding and waited for breakfast to be ready.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

2. Likes West, , Yumyumcrow liked this post

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

The pitter pat of bare feet hits the theater floor as Tyche slowly made her way to the kitchen.

Finally appearing around the corner, Tyche is in the middle of a stretch when she freezes, the smell of the hash hitting her nostrils and the sight of a stranger in the kitchen (roll credits) taking her by surprise.

"Uhh..." she says her tone uncertain and confused, "Hi?"

Like Avis, Tyche is clearly dressed like she is at home. An old, oversized gray t-shirt, a worn, comfortable pair of red plaid pajama pants, and she isn't even wearing shoes.

Don't even have my knife... Way to go, T! 10/10!

Unsure of what else to do, Tyche just sort of... stands there for a few long moments. Then she meanders over to the coffee brewer, retrieves the coffee grounds, and starts measuring up for a pot.

Those new locks are pretty good, so who the fuck is she?

We're secure as fuck... and she's wearing pajamas.

Someone let her in.

Bingo.

"So..." she said, "What's up?"

4. Likes West, , Cayce liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

B-Ro hasn't slept, and you can tell. Hair still mostly up, pulled back but messy, there's an obvious track of hair clumped and staying from a hand repeatedly running through it, despite the once tight high tail. Her eye makeup is still thick and dark, but smudged and if you got a glance at the palm of one of her hands there's a corresponding dark smudge.

Her eyes are alert, however, and there's not a line of fatigue in her body, Might be the flickering golden glyphs around her. She's holding a amorphous ball of fabric. It's kinda while. More off white. It also has a lot of red-brown stains.

"Hey bitch, which would be easier to learn sewing or Matter...?" a blink, as she catches sight of the sweat clad brunette. "Ooooh, Hi. Are you the randomly appearing, cussing brunette Star mentioned? 'Cause if you are. I have a question that's been literally - well, not at all - but like, literally keeping me up. Popping in? Plains, train, or automobiles, or Space. Star didn't wanna tell me." The off white and kinda brown and splotchy fabric is now rolled up and thrown around her neck.

3 successes
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

6. Likes West, Cayce liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

The Moros emerges dressed in pyjamas of his own and slippers. And an expensive looking dressing gown. His hair is ruffled mess and there is a shadow of stubble on his chin and cheeks. At first, one might think he is coughing or clearing his throat. However, as he nears the kitchen, it becomes obvious that he is sniffing.

"Who is burning breakfast at this god forsaken hour? I cleaned up last night you know! You can at least keep the place tidy for a few hours..."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

8. Likes West, , Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Down home flapjacks, hash, some sausage, oh, and there's some yogurt parfait stuff in the fridge, if that's more your speed. What, y'all don't cook each other breakfast anymore?" Avis said to the confused brunette that had walked in.

Her tone was light and casual, her face the perfect image of honesty and openness. She totally didn't want to smirk. Nope, not at all, not this Talon. She was a straight shooter, straight as an arrow.

"Go on, grab a plate, it's almost ready," Avis added, heading over to stir the hash and check on the sausage when the manic pinkette walked into the room. Sure, Sacro was always a grab bag of whatever was available, though she had to hand it to Cut, this was quite the interesting little grouping of mages, and the flurry of questions did prompt a smile.

"Excuse you, but it's not random. Pretty obvious why I'm here, and how I'm here."

She didn't flash the ring. It was just there. They'd figure it out eventually.

Of course, then in walked Campanella, and Avis paused, frowning, memories of another well dressed member of her cabal popping into her mind. A certain man she hadn't seen since the 80s, and likely never would again.

"Oh, hey, Campanella. Sorry about the other night. Wasn't trying to be a bitch, you know, I'm sure you had your reasons. No hard feelings, right?"
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

10. Likes West, , Yumyumcrow liked this post

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche relaxes as Briar Rose pops in with her usual flair - and her indirect reminder of Star's lady that he said might pop in now and then. Burnette. Direct. Tone that kinda sorta matched his little imitation. Seemed to fit the bill and she didn't exactly deny it with Briar either.

"Sewing, probably,"
    she said to Briar Rose, "But who knows? Maybe the gourmand can give ya lessons."

If Matter was her game, Campanella lived just down the hall.

Tyche yawned, her tired gaze remaining on the first dark droplets of coffee hit the bottom of the coffee pot. Even as Campanella came in with his irritated tirade, Tyche's lazy form remained facing the coffee pot. As it continues, though, Tyche looks over her shoulder granting the older man a tired smile.

"Mmm? Oh, mornin' Campanella,"
    she offered. Then Tyche grabbed a mug, stationing it directly next to the machine.

This first cup is mine.

Turning her attention back to Lady Star, Tyche would lean against the counter, still hovering by her brewing bean water.

"I don't... think so?"
    she said, glancing to Briar and Campanella. Had they cooked for each other? "Pretty sure the closest we got was wine and pizza."

"I'll wait,"
    she offered Avis, a thumb indicating the coffee with a smirk, "Priorities, y'know?"

Then eyebrows peak as the woman speaks to Campanella. Then Tyche's eyes look between the two. They'll probably explain their connection, if not she can figure out later. First. Coffee.

12. Likes West, Cayce, liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella goes from benign, wan, and tired to stock still very quickly.

His mouth forms a line as the bleary-eyed look vanishes from his face as surely as if Avis had tossed a pail of water in his face. His jaw throbs; he attempts to hide it by scratching at his stubble.

"You didn't harm me..."

His voice held a whine and a sharp edge. Campanella knew it, clicked his tongue and attempted to start again.

"How is Pixel?"

Fading outrage clung to his voice, imbued the question with meaning. The Moros grimaced and tried again.

"I know you may have thought we we revealing too much, but we were simply exchanging information. I doubt any of the Others could have made much of what we spoke of. Certainly not enough to be a danger..."

He made a sigh, cutting himself off for the last time.

"How about we simply eat? We will need to speak on this later."

Somehow, discussing the Nexus at 6am, while in pyjamas, in a kitchen while breakfast was going cold, did not seem appropriate.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

14. Likes West, Cayce, liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

That.

That didn't answer any of her questions.

She frowns. But it isn't a mood killing frown, her lips quirk upwards, she'll figure it out.

"Ya, this cabal thing's pretty new. Or I'm new to it. Haven't even unpacked yet." she might not. Harder to cut and run when your shit's everywhere.

"Bah! But sewing's not as cool." turning to the Moros, "Sewing or learning Matter?" she asks. Not reaching up to fondle the stained fabric around her neck.

"What's this about Pixel?" grabbing a plate, Tyche can have her coffee, Briar Rose already had her direct shot of insta awake! Now, she's eagerly awaiting the bounty, the feast! The deliciousness of this home cooked meal.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

16. Likes West, Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"First of all, I have nothing but respect for you, Campanella, so don't worry, I'm not going to be pointing figures. I just did what I had to do, but sure, we can talk about it later," Avis said, finishing the last touches on the hash and the sausage before pulling them off the stove and moving over to plate them.

The hash was well done, a delicious mix of potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions, and seasoning, though the sausage were definitely...well done. Not quite crispy, but it was a near thing. Still, Avis was pretty proud of the meal. There was enough for six (ok, probably 8, but who didn't like leftovers?), and it would get them all nice and fortified for whatever awaited them in the day ahead.

"You must think I'm some kinda bitch for not answering any of your questions, don't cha?" Avis teased with a small smirk as she passed Briar a plate.

"Well, what can I say, kinda par for the course for our kind, isn't it? Still, I will tell you this. For those of you who don't know, I'm Avis, Master of Space, Talon of the Adamantine Arrow, a Founding Member of the Veiled Threats...oh, and also Star's wife. Guess that's kinda important."

Well, more than just important. It was essential to the reason why she was there at all, in the first place, and while she was a little disappointed that she had to spell it out for them, considering the ring on her left hand, she was still reserving judgement. Mostly.

"So how'd he rope you all into this cabal? The Hallow? The guarantee of having your own home theatre? It wasn't the breakfast, I guess, which is a shame. But dig in. I'll get the yogurt stuff out of the fridge."

18. Likes Yumyumcrow, West, , Ruach liked this post

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

+1
    SL
    PRE

You didn't harm me...

"Uhh... what?"
    she asked.

Tyche considered prodding the comments about Pixel, but Campanella's demeanor seemed... fragile.

"You two really gonna drop that and just... try and write it off for later?"
    Tyche asked.

Bold.

Then the last drips of the coffee filled the pot. With a shrug, Tyche turned around pouring herself a mug.

"Tyche,"
    she said, "Disciple of Fate and resident Emissary for the Guardians of the Veil. Not that that means too much right now."

A half-truth. Tyche was beginning to integrate herself among the Consilium and no one hated her. So that's a start. However, with her and Star being the only active Guardians, there wasn't a lot of organization right now.

Tyche joins Avis at the fridge, her own hand dipping past the Warlock to nab some hazelnut flavored creamer before she slinks back to her mug. At Avis' question of her joining, Tyche grants her a roguish smile.

"Jolly Kone,"
    she quipped.

An obvious lie. The Hallow, building, and other benefits of the cabal were abundant, but certainly there was more to it than that.

"That's two new Arrows then,"
    she recants before looking to Briar, "What's the doppelganger's name? Skye or whatever?"

20. Likes West, Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread